What would it take?

This season has been rough. Most of us, have, in the dark moments, made posts questioning the team as a whole, individual players and / or the coaching staff...individuals or as a group. I know I did.

What would it take during the last part of this season to get you to buy in? I won't call out any names, but there are several of you that are just pretty vocal about your displeasure. So, what would it take for you to change your mind. Or is it too late all together?

Serious question, I want to know, because you wouldn't be on here if you weren't truly a Husker fan at heart (OK, there are a few trolls, but only a few).

Lay it out for me.

• Fire 1

I would buy in if we win out, that would be a heck of a turnaround. If we finish the regular season 7-5, that would be nice because it means we beat either Iowa or Michigan St., if we finish 6-6 or worse I'm going to remain skeptical. I liked what I saw against Minnesota though, and am looking forward to the rest of the season.

to me every season has been a roller coaster.... i never feel "safe" during the season... it always has that open heart surgery type of feel... and to me thats sad.... you know i think the few out there know that they are gonna crush certain teams 100 percent for sure... i know thats very few teams on a consistent basis... but that used to be us!! So i just pretty much go with the ride and see what happens...

ideally id like for us to beat either MSU or Iowa or both (undefeated or not... sad eh?!)

bare minimum id like to reach a bowl (sad eh?!)

best case for me id don't know 7-4 and a bowl game??

I've posted negative stuff out of frustration but I still want MR to succeed. For his sake and ours. And I think he can.

The things I don't like are the reluctance to lean on the running game to extend drives on 3rd and short and to finish games. I also think the running back rotation has been an unmitigated disaster. I continue to believe Newby is a horrible running back who is useless without a hole big enough to drive a truck through. I don't GAF what Wilbon's issues are with pass pro. You find some ways to get a talent like that on the field. I have a terrible feeling he is going to transfer and will go light it up as a Darrel Sproles type at some other school. I also like Ozigbo. I think him and Wilbon would make an ideal Thunder and Lighning combo.

I think we need a new DB coach as well. The D would be solid with good corner play. Unfortunately, it is the weakest part of our D.

This season has been rough. Most of us, have, in the dark moments, made posts questioning the team as a whole, individual players and / or the coaching staff...individuals or as a group. I know I did.

What would it take during the last part of this season to get you to buy in? I won't call out any names, but there are several of you that are just pretty vocal about your displeasure. So, what would it take for you to change your mind. Or is it too late all together?

Serious question, I want to know, because you wouldn't be on here if you weren't truly a Husker fan at heart (OK, there are a few trolls, but only a few).

Lay it out for me.

I haven't been vocal about any displeasure after the last game. If they play like that the rest of the way, they'll win every game and I'll be N. And I'll admit I was wrong during the first 6 games. I didn't give Riley much hope for turning it around. If he actually does, I'll be eating crow.

There's frankly not much hope of going 8-4 if we continue to field one of the worst pass defenses in the entire nation. 7-5 is a long-shot, as even teams like Purdue are going to be made to look competent by this defensive secondary and coverage plan.

I'd love to be wrong though...but realistically, unless Riley jettisons Banker, his DB coach, and possibly Langsdorf (depending on if he fixes his tendency for coaching the offense into 3 and outs), there's little to realistically hope for with this regime. And if Riley doesn't want to replace his staff with coordinators and position coaches that are competent, then he'll be gone after the second season.