Will POB Start next season

No, I don't think he will. TA is far from ideal but so is a true freshman QB unless he's beyond his years like Josh Rosen. Even then, this is a more complicated offense.

TA's QBR is surprisingly pretty good at 76.0 which is 22nd in the country. Does some good things for us, does some bad things for us. I think there's a lot of blame to go around with the offense and it's much more than just TA.

Also, I don't think we are improving much on defense, we are just playing some bad offenses. They are still moving the ball and scoring points on us.

Yesterday tommy threw like 48 passes or somehin. Theres a stat out there that when he throws less than 30 were like 85% win pct. when hes 30-40 attempts were around .500 and when its over 40 i think its that we havent won a game yet. This is where analytics will change the game. This is not coincidence or a fluke. This is a steady pattern made up of a sample of nearly 3 seasons. Thus the gameplanning should be obvious. Keep tommy under 30 attempts. Esp with how our defense is stopping the run. If that means thumping him 20 times in the qb run game so be it. But it puts him in an obviously much more comfortable position.

If Riley wants to salvage his job, he might have no choice but to start POB. If POB shows flashes of brilliance as a frosh, then it'll buy Riley some more time. But if he struggles, Riley will likely be shown the door.

Hope he doesn't end up like Wilbon after those flashes (if he has them) and ride the bench.

It's very hard for even a talented true freshman to start -- especially when the school has a solid returning veteran. However, I hope he plays and I hope he pushes Tommy hard. Tommy will need to be on his toes a little, so he knows he has to get that offense down, make those right decisions consistently, make his footwork and throws more consistent, or else he won't be the guy.

Right now, he's all we've got. Maybe sometimes he doesn't do what the coaches want, but the reality is "what are you gonna do." Tommy is a great player and a hard worker -- but he needs a serious challenger to make him really take it to the next level. Competition always makes everyone better.

Until then, it's going to feel like watching USMNT soccer. Some nice players, fun to root for, a lot of magic moments, ... and a lot of just not really playing up to snuff.

New recruits are a great way to raise the bar. Especially on a team with depth issues, it's all too easy to get a little comfortable. When the roster starts filling out more and you have more guys whose jobs are on the line, I think you see guys rise to meet it.