Will POB Start next season

I truly wish that next week against Purdue we gave all of you who want to bench Tommy your wish.

Then you could see how absolutely effed we are at QB without him. Sad but true.

TA deserves this season that way he can be responsible for whatever happens but next year IF there is young freshman that is just as good as him then throw him into the fire and use that year to rebuild

Patrick O'Brien will start on day 1.

The coaches won't say it but they are just trying to get through the season. They know they need a capable QB and right now POB would step in right now at this moment and throw better balls and make better decisions than TA.

I believe this is what is going on as well. If POB doesn't pan out by next fall, it will be more of the same. While we freak out as fans, our coaches are just trying to get to the end of the season.

Patrick O'Brien will start on day 1.

The coaches won't say it but they are just trying to get through the season. They know they need a capable QB and right now POB would step in right now at this moment and throw better balls and make better decisions than TA.

I believe this is what is going on as well. If POB doesn't pan out by next fall, it will be more of the same. While we freak out as fans, our coaches are just trying to get to the end of the season.
thats just plain terrible if true. Reminds of callahan

Boy I sure do wish we would give another QB a chance this week.

I agree...what is there to lose at this point. What I don't understand is that, for the offense Riley is insisting that we run, with mainly short and intermediate throws, accuracy trumps arm strength and running ability, and from what I've seen, Darlington appears to be the most accurate, but his big knock is a lack of arm strength.

Armstrong has been too inconsistent for too long across multiple coaching staffs to deserve to start again. I don't care if he comes out and puts up 5 TD against Purdue, his history has been one of extreme inconsistency. We have Eli Manning's QB coach to help with technique and footwork, and it looked good for the first 2 or 3 games, but TA has regressed back to his 2014 self.

I have a friend who helps out with the team (equipment, water, etc.) He says that fyfe is literally Alex Moran from blue mountain state:shows up late to practice sometimes and enjoys the perks of being a 2nd string qb. What it really is is this, fyfe knows he's not gonna have any chance at playing so he really just doesn't give a s**t

I don't know....seems like a lot of pressure to put on a kid who isn't even here yet. Given the success rate of our recent QB recruit superstars, I'll believe it when I see it. Some other guys they could check out are Bush and Darlington. Maybe it's just me, but those guys might have a few words about the pecking order.

2 major factors as to why at this point, OBrian starting as a freshman is a forgone conclusion

1. He will be here in January for spring ball. Workouts. Building relationships with players. Spending time in a playbook. Reps in spring ball etc. To me this is better than a redshirt season for he is working with our system. Hes not running a scout team. Redshirt seasons are overrated from a mental aspect.

2. The pretty new ncaa rule of coaches being allowed 2 hours (i think it is?) a week with the team in the offseason. What this will do to speed up OBrians development and fit is really infathomable.

I watch a lot of his high school film. Hes the real deal. And someone

mentioned above about high school competition. Well thats why when you evaluate a qb at that level you dont look at the throws ge makes, but rather the throws he doesnt make. He stays within the moment. Withon the process. He doesnt get greedy. I do t wanna say its simply taking what youre given cuz a qb does need to play with a certain level of dictation, but its basically what quarterbacking is. That pick six that tommy threw yesterday was really bad. And i like tommy. I love his leadership and his competitiveness. But yall know i have no problem calling a spade a spade. Hes a 4th year junior in his 3rd year as a starter making a panicd decision under diress that junior high kids wouldnt make. Tommy has a really hard time staying in the moment and understanding the grinding process. And his body language suggests that. He tries to do too much. And this isnt an isolated incident. Its beyond a pattern. Its become predictable.

At this point its safe to say weve seen the peak of tommy in this system. And its not good enough. Now, i also feel the coaches havent done nearly a good enough job of using him at his obvious comfort level which says to me that if it takes a different qb whos a better fit to allow the coaches to coach comfortably and Langsdorf to have a better feel and get a better rythm, then you gotta pull the trigger. As long as POB does his part of course.

I agree...what is there to lose at this point. What I don't understand is that, for the offense Riley is insisting that we run, with mainly short and intermediate throws, accuracy trumps arm strength and running ability, and from what I've seen, Darlington appears to be the most accurate, but his big knock is a lack of arm strength.

Armstrong has been too inconsistent for too long across multiple coaching staffs to deserve to start again. I don't care if he comes out and puts up 5 TD against Purdue, his history has been one of extreme inconsistency. We have Eli Manning's QB coach to help with technique and footwork, and it looked good for the first 2 or 3 games, but TA has regressed back to his 2014 self.

"Square peg, round hole".... Seen a lot of those posts lately and our QB situation is the glaring example. If we're gonna lose the next 4, which I think is more than likely, let's get someone in who fits the scheme of our so called coaches.