Basement Bowl against Purdue

It didn't take us long to slip BELOW MEDIOCRITY. So this is what it feels like to root for Kansas. Rock, Chalk, WTF?

mediocrity

noun me·di·oc·ri·ty \ˌmē-dē-ˈä-krə-tē\

The quality of something that is not very good : the quality or state of being mediocre

: a person who does not have the special ability to do something well

Nebraska playing Purdue is what it is. One can make a choice to watch it or not.

If you think viewing the game will cause you yourself to sink into mediocrity, then go do something at which you excel and make that Saturday afternoon both special and memorable.

This.

Hell I will be watching it and if I had the chance I would even go to it.

Both teams may suck and both teams may have coaches that are probably closer to being canned/retiring than they are to winning the division but I still love when the Huskers are on.

I was lucky enough to head out with 4 people to Lincoln yesterday and from 8am until 6pm it was a great time. Did the game suck, sure, did I lose money betting on it, of course. But it was still a great time

This saturday will be a great time too.

• Fire 1

Awesome perspective, teach. It is fair to acknowledge the subpar play, coaching, and/or results of this team (depending on your opinion), without having to feel guilty for being a "bad" or fair-weather fan. When things are going bad like this, it is normal to question it. Huskers are my team, and I will continue watching every game and supporting them. Still, I do not want to be delusional and say we are better than we are though.

• Fire 1

Actually, it can be argued that even Kansas football is beginning to improve...Lots of bright spots on their squad and reason to think they will be better next year and the following year.

You could say the same for Nebraska. What matters is results not potential.

Really? 9 wins last year and what, maybe 4 this year???

Actually, it can be argued that even Kansas football is beginning to improve...Lots of bright spots on their squad and reason to think they will be better next year and the following year.

You could say the same for Nebraska. What matters is results not potential.

Really? 9 wins last year and what, maybe 4 this year???

What did you mean by "lots of bright spots" for Kansas. Are you counting wins or the areas they have improved on? Nebraska LB play is much improved and their run defense is vastly better. If you want to say "look at what's better, maybe it will equate to more wins" then that could be said about nearly any team.

i think we have a chance in this one.......Iowa and Michigan State will feature the dreaded blow outs we have not seen.......yet.

If they beat Purdue...lose a close one to Rutgers and get blown out by MSU and Iowa...that might actually end up with Riley "retiring"

I bet Riley can even borrow Howard Schellenberger's helicopter to leave Memorial Stadium in a hurry after the Iowa game...