Seriously, what happens if Ryker lights it up?

If Ryker steps up in the pocket and hits a nice checkdown a couple times, or runs for 5-10 yards, it'll be an upgrade. That is all.

Folks. It's time to embrace the probability that we've seen Tommy Armstrong take his last snaps as a qb at Nebraska.

Agree. The whole turf toe, was close to not going last week seems the injury is pretty bad. TA is a gamer no doubt, but might be done is Fyfe plays to Langs system and with "his" guy coming this year. Bottom line, if Fyfe shines and really is a noticeable improvement does he start against MSU if TA is healthy.

I have "favorite" guys on the team, but in the end I want to guy who gives us the best chance to suit up.

Remember the Ryker Fyfe who stepped in during the Michigan State game, while we were getting crushed, led the team to a score, sparking the dramatic come back and near win? Yeah, few do.

There's two sides to that story, as Nebraska was down several scores by the time this happened and MSU was essentially on cruise control.

He has a chance this weekend and I think that's the only fair thing we can say about the situation.

If Ryker steps up in the pocket and hits a nice checkdown a couple times, or runs for 5-10 yards, it'll be an upgrade. That is all.

Folks. It's time to embrace the probability that we've seen Tommy Armstrong take his last snaps as a qb at Nebraska.

Agree. The whole turf toe, was close to not going last week seems the injury is pretty bad. TA is a gamer no doubt, but might be done is Fyfe plays to Langs system and with "his" guy coming this year. Bottom line, if Fyfe shines and really is a noticeable improvement does he start against MSU if TA is healthy.

I have "favorite" guys on the team, but in the end I want to guy who gives us the best chance to suit up.

I really like Tommy's competitiveness and leadership. it's something that caught my eye immediately when he filled for Taylor in 2013. But this year, in his 3rd year starting, and 4th year in the program, he's still making mistakes. Bad mistakes. By not staying in the moment and understanding the process. He's still all or nothing. And I guess thats why I agree with you. For weeks now I just see a very apathetic aLangdorg when it comes to his qb play. The coaches are not comfortable in what theyre trying to do in trying to make Tommy comfortable. And that's not anyones fault. Its just a result of circumstance. This injury may be a breath of fresh air for the coaches to get the game manager theyve probably needed all along.

I charted it. Against Northwestern, Tommy had 9 opportunities to step up in the pocket and run for legit yards. They resulted in incomplete passes. These are the little things I think of. Ppl can blame coaching all they want. But I coach kids myself. And regardless of age, theres only so much a coach can do. Some kids are much more coachable than others. COACHABLE. I dont think Tommy is a very coachable qb. This is something that has just become clear to me this season. The things he is doing, there's no way in hell he's being taught to do that. There's a mentality involved here. These coaches jsut cant push a button on a playstation controller to get these guys to do what they want.

Tommy developed a lot of bad habits in Becks detail-lacking, frantic, schitzophrenic, oregon wanna-be attack. And I feel for him cuz he's got some skills and a great arm. But when you're throwing pick sixes like he did Saturday in your 4th year as a college qb, and3rd year as a starter, theres just no excuse for that. none. Pick sixes happen. Yes. But like that? Cmon. And thats what I mean. His competitiveness is sometimes his worst enemy. Combine that with his frantic tendancies developed from the past offense and it's understandable.

• Fire 1

Gerry Gdowski is my favorite Husker QB of all time and if Ryker lights it up the way Gdowski did then I'd expect him to get a chance

I don't know of any collegiate quarterback who matched Gdowski's performance in his Senior year...EVER. So yeah, I guess Ryker would warrant a closer look. :thumbs

What's his int to attempt ratio?

Everything you pretty much wrote about the kid is bullsh#t.

me?

Yes. Your post about him is in lalaland.

tell me how. Dont just say it. Give me a legit argument. Otherwise my opinion of you will remain. That youre not a thinker at all and you just wanna spew sh#t to make yourself feel better about your opinion.

Tell me how so. Itll be fun. I promise.

• Fire 1

God, I just realized that Tommy is 11th in attempts among QBs at this point.

If it's to be believed that TA is as bad as some claim, does that mean this staff is stupid enough to put him in positions to fail or that they don't really care about winning games as much as they do about system?

At this point? It's the system. no doubt. They have their guy coming in January. They tried to do it the player's way. But the Oline doesnt have the talent or the mentality (or health for that matter) to be a nasty downhill running team.

If it's to be believed that TA is as bad as some claim, does that mean this staff is stupid enough to put him in positions to fail or that they don't really care about winning games as much as they do about system?

He is also 78th QB per QB ratings..... 53% completion rate.

I think that this (passing game) is what Riley and Co know and revert back to when the pressure is on. Game starts to go south, they go air raid. I also think that they have an almost "blind faith" in their system. To change "it" means that their system didn't work. An admission to the 3-5 season being all on them. Not to mention, how do you coach what you don't know. IMO, with the speed we appear to have in DPE, Turner, Moore, Morgan etc... The legs of TA and we have no zone read game? Jano eats Minnie alive never to be seen again? I really think that Langs and Riley have no idea how to develop a run game, never have, so don't trust it and lastly will live or doe by the pass. Riley and Langs have said as much about pass first.... TA is an athlete and a QB, who in the right system would excel IMO. In a drop back, pocket passer whose success is predicated on making reads, progressions and passes TA hasn't been able to hit in 3 years he is doomed to fail.

To echo Count above, our OL is weak sauce. No rotation means no development, more of the same weak sauce and an inability to run down hill in the 4th behind some fresh legs. Cav, IMO, is holding the O back as much as Langs. Dude needs to get a clue. We have like what , 18 schollie OL and the same handful has played. If this is "gelling", I hope it stops.

• Fire 1

What's his int to attempt ratio?

Everything you pretty much wrote about the kid is bullsh#t.

me?
Yes. Your post about him is in lalaland.

tell me how. Dont just say it. Give me a legit argument. Otherwise my opinion of you will remain. That youre not a thinker at all and you just wanna spew sh#t to make yourself feel better about your opinion.

Tell me how so. Itll be fun. I promise.

It's not worth trying to educate you because you're already convinced. Anyone who takes a single throw among 49 attempts and says that's the best indicator of him as a QB is just not going to listen to reason.

At this point? It's the system. no doubt. They have their guy coming in January. They tried to do it the player's way. But the Oline doesnt have the talent or the mentality (or health for that matter) to be a nasty downhill running team.

I recall when cally had his guy coming too. Good old HB.

We have no idea what the OL has because they won't rotate young talent because apparently Cav can't prepare the backups well enough "mentally."

• Fire 2