Seriously, what happens if Ryker lights it up?

If Ryker starts and lights it up, it will be *AWESOME*. Probably not change much in the QB order if Tommy gets healthy, but if it really is turf toe, that might be a lingering issue. I'm nervous, but whoever lines up under center on Saturday, I'll be cheering for them to take it to Purdue.

If Ryker lights it up and then has a strong hold on the job, I'd say we'd still want to keep Tommy on the field whether as a run threat or maybe he can make the same move Braxton Miller did. He's tearing it up at tOSU. Okay, not really. They don't get the ball to him enough but when they do, he is clutch.

Every Ryker Fyfe scenario is plausible.

He lights it up in one of those crazy, unexpected games and Nebraska wins big.

He's a competent game manager in a simplified playbook that liberates the Nebraska offense and we win big.

He's a mixed bag of everything and we win a close game.

He's a mixed bag of everything and we lose a close game.

He's the back up quarterback on a team in disarray and we suffer a new and horrible way to lose.

I don't expect to learn much, but I'm definitely gonna tune in.

I hope Tommy plays this weekend and I hope he is healthy both for his sake and for the team. Never wish ill will or injury on anyone.

With that having been said what do you think Happens if Ryker comes in and lights it up next week?

Then it's another case-in-point of this staff mismanaging the talent they have on hand.

I hope Tommy plays this weekend and I hope he is healthy both for his sake and for the team. Never wish ill will or injury on anyone.

With that having been said what do you think Happens if Ryker comes in and lights it up next week? I'm talking 300+ yards 3TDs and 0INTs. Purdue is terrible. I'm not saying that it is going to happen, but what happens when Tommy comes back presumably the next week against Michigan State? Is this Tommy's job no matter what?

I think we probably win the game in that circumstance, if I follow your meaning. That'd sure be nice even if few would respect a win over Purdue at this juncture.

Armstrong would be all conference in a better system with better coaches. Dude is a baller.

The only system I could see him excelling in is a system that either very rarely requires him to pass or a system where he is a wildcat QB.

I like Tommy. He is a gamer. I'm not trying to bag on him, but Tommy is basically the same QB we saw last year. A different system isn't going to stop his questionable decision making (see the NW pick 6).

• Fire 1

This place will be insufferable if Fyfe has a good game. "SEE! He is the guy we shoulda played all along! No wonder we lost dem game before! Derp!"

So then...

...if Fyfe starts Saturday, what is it exactly you are hoping will happen?...

I'm hoping whoever starts has a good game and leads us to a win.

Doesn't change the fact that if it is a backup, this place will light up with derp.