Youth movement and offensive woes

Decent article on Athalon. Talks about going with youth as some of the OL seniors having issues. A couple of quick clips to make you say a few things.

Cav is an idiot not rotating.

Our back ups must be really, really, really bad.

No wonder TA is not doing well.

Running game, not with this line.

A certain LB has cinder blocks for feet.

A coincidence some of the bright spots on both sides are the young guns.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/its-time-nebraska-football-consider-fountain-youth

On that particular play shown, the offensive line is...offensive. If, as Banker claims, there is a definitive drop off between the second string offensive line and what we see here, that means the back ups wouldn't be able to get out of their stances without falling down. They look like a herd of those fainting goats.

• Fire 1

I don't even have to look at the article, but i bet is the same LB that team have been trying to isolate a RB on a pass route all season.

Man, you have to watch (TE not RB). I did like 10 times to make sure I was seeing the guy he was supposed to cover. He even points him out, watches him go by, get the ball and then give chase......

When poor scheme and talent meet........ The 2015 Huskers...

I love how Cavanaugh says in his interviews, "Look at the NFL, you don't see those guys rotating". Really? Going with that argument? The NFL and college game are completely different when it comes to the offensive line, and you obviously aren't going to rotate your left tackle that you're paying $100 million a year. If the backup offensive linemen are that bad, then fine, but I've heard nothing about that being the case. Cavanaugh seems beyond stubborn about rotating his linemen, and honestly if I'm an OL recruit and see my chance at playing time is minimal I would consider looking elsewhere.

I love how Cavanaugh says in his interviews, "Look at the NFL, you don't see those guys rotating". Really? Going with that argument? The NFL and college game are completely different when it comes to the offensive line, and you obviously aren't going to rotate your left tackle that you're paying $100 million a year. If the backup offensive linemen are that bad, then fine, but I've heard nothing about that being the case. Cavanaugh seems beyond stubborn about rotating his linemen, and honestly if I'm an OL recruit and see my chance at playing time is minimal I would consider looking elsewhere.

This is what worries me the most if the staff stays intact (besides the losses). If I am an OL, I'm looking elsewhere. If I am a second stringer and he basically says "I suck", and no chance to prove myself in a game, I am probably looking elsewhere.

http://www.scout.com/college/nebraska/story/1604252-cavanaugh-says-no-to-offensive-line-rotation

Hmmm.....shows what you know I guess.

I'm gonna assume Cav has the edge in knowledge of the situation.

Teams do not do an offensive line rotation, they just don't. Starting five should gel, have chemistry, and should be able to get the job done. They aren't. There is an obvious gap in the ability of the guys behind the starting five. I'd say that was pretty obvious when Gates got injured and we saw how it went for the guy that took his spot.

Cavanaugh says if they were good enough, they'd be playing.

Maybe we give Cavanaugh a bit of time to get some of his guys in here, or at the very least coach up some of the guys already on the roster before we go calling him an idiot. Sounds fair to me.

How the hell is anyone expecting miracles from this years offensive line after watching last years offensive line? If that was the best we had last season, then we could've assumed that maybe we were in trouble a little bit? No? Okay I guess not. I keep expecting logic and thinking to prevail. It's obviously a real struggle for some.

• Fire 4

You don't turn over you entire team every four years in the NFL either. The backups need game experience or the following year will be painful.

This is what worries me the most if the staff stays intact (besides the losses). If I am an OL, I'm looking elsewhere. If I am a second stringer and he basically says "I suck", and no chance to prove myself in a game, I am probably looking elsewhere.

Gosh, good thing you're not.

Some football players look for competition and see playing at Nebraska as an opportunity. Especially if they believe in their coach. I guess if we have a mass exodus of offensive linemen this season we will know that they don't believe in what Cavanaugh is doing.

How are we looking on the offensive line recruting front? I thought it was looking strong with a few top notch commits and a couple really good ones possible?..........

http://www.scout.com/college/nebraska/story/1604252-cavanaugh-says-no-to-offensive-line-rotation

Teams do not do an offensive line rotation, they just don't. Starting five should gel, have chemistry, and should be able to get the job done. They aren't. There is an obvious gap in the ability of the guys behind the starting five. I'd say that was pretty obvious when Gates got injured and we saw how it went for the guy that took his spot.

Maybe we give Cavanaugh a bit of time to get some of his guys in here, or at the very least coach up some of the guys already on the roster before we go calling him an idiot. Sounds fair to me.

How the hell is anyone expecting miracles from this years offensive line after watching last years offensive line? If that was the best we had last season, then we could've assumed that maybe we were in trouble a little bit? No? Okay I guess not. I keep expecting logic and thinking to prevail. It's obviously a real struggle for some.

I just don't understand the "get his guys" argument. We have won 9 or more games for several years in a row. How many years do we have to be a laughing stock before MR has enough of his guys?

I'm gonna love it if the young guys on this team are just building this season, learning technique and establishing their own chemistry, then come out next season and just kick some ass.

I know, I might be being a little too positive in hoping that, but what can I say? I'm a Husker fan and I just can't grasp this whole idea of laying all the blame on a brand new coaching staff in their first season. I guess I'm just weird like that. Forgive me for wanting to see a little bit more before I declare this whole thing a HUGE FAILURE and run off to my hello kitty pillow and cry my eyes out.

• Fire 1

I just don't understand the "get his guys" argument. We have won 9 or more games for several years in a row. How many years do we have to be a laughing stock before MR has enough of his guys?

I'm hoping not more than this one. The only ones doing all the laughing are you "Husker" fans.

The old "wait till he gets his guys" argument. Wait till Riley gets his guys and we can be, well .500..... Awesome.

That small (and possibly inaccurate snippet) shows a line that has horrible technique, footwork, balance, etc, Cavs had these guys for what? 9 months? At what time does he take ownership of "these" guys? A rotation doesn't mean a whole new group every series. It means getting guys into the rotation to build depth, experience keep guys fresh and ironically build chemistry. You know with the WHOLE team, not just 4 or 5 other guys....

The old "wait till he gets his guys" argument. Wait till Riley gets his guys and we can be, well .500..... Awesome.

That small (and possibly inaccurate snippet) shows a line that has horrible technique, footwork, balance, etc, Cavs had these guys for what? 9 months? At what time does he take ownership of "these" guys? A rotation doesn't mean a whole new group every series. It means getting guys into the rotation to build depth, experience keep guys fresh and ironically build chemistry. You know with the WHOLE team, not just 4 or 5 other guys....

Maybe we should fire these guys, and then we can talk about how long it should take the next guys to "take ownership". It'll be like one giant expensive merry go round all while we f#*k Nebraska football into the dirt! Yay!