Overtime: Purdue Post-game Overreaction

Mavric

Well, please forgive me for not wanting to wade through another dark spot of our history to help brighten things up about our current dumpster fire.

Since you seem to have the history book out, when was the last time we finished 4-8 and 3-9?

Obviously never, because 12 game regular seasons are a pretty recent thing. Do you feel good now that you've found something bad we've never done before?

I think for the most part these players are 'buying' what Riley is selling but they simply can't execute. Bo repeatedly declared "poor execution" and he was right. The players did not execute what they were told to do. It is not nearly as complicated as many want to make it out to be. We are NOT a good football teama and that has been the case for a LONG time. The deterioration was dramatic and team wide as early as 2001 and bottomed out finally in 2015. There were a few minor ups and downs but Nebraska has never been a top ten team since 2000 honestly. The Bo years, we probably averaged around #40. today we are #75. Last year we were 65th and we lost a few key players that we are really missing, particularly with the injuries, etc. Our cupboard is so bare that we literally have NO capable back ups in numerous positions.

There is NOTHING wrong with our program that a dramatic upgrade in talent won't fix and fix fairly quickly. However, absent the ability to give out 50 scholarships to top 100 level players for three consecutive years, we won't be able to be a national title contender within the next 5 years. We don't have any all conference level players in most positions, let alone all Americans. We have some possible honorable mentions, perhaps two or three, at best.

You are pulling these numbers completely out of thin air. Last year the Sagarin ratings had us 29th. 2013 we were 38th, 2012 we were 22nd, 2011 we were 25th, 2010 we were 27th. That puts us at 28.2 from 2010-2014. Which makes sense considering we usually hovered just outside the top 25 in the polls. Today we are suddenly ranked #54 just a few spots above Texas. You can't just come out and say we averaged around 40, when we hovered around the top 25. This season is bad, and it's on the coaches there's no getting around that. Also the recruiting rankings say that dramatic upgrade isn't coming anytime soon under this staff.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2015/team/

I think for the most part these players are 'buying' what Riley is selling but they simply can't execute. Bo repeatedly declared "poor execution" and he was right. The players did not execute what they were told to do. It is not nearly as complicated as many want to make it out to be. We are NOT a good football teama and that has been the case for a LONG time. The deterioration was dramatic and team wide as early as 2001 and bottomed out finally in 2015. There were a few minor ups and downs but Nebraska has never been a top ten team since 2000 honestly. The Bo years, we probably averaged around #40. today we are #75. Last year we were 65th and we lost a few key players that we are really missing, particularly with the injuries, etc. Our cupboard is so bare that we literally have NO capable back ups in numerous positions.

There is NOTHING wrong with our program that a dramatic upgrade in talent won't fix and fix fairly quickly. However, absent the ability to give out 50 scholarships to top 100 level players for three consecutive years, we won't be able to be a national title contender within the next 5 years. We don't have any all conference level players in most positions, let alone all Americans. We have some possible honorable mentions, perhaps two or three, at best.

You are pulling these numbers completely out of thin air. Last year the Sagarin ratings had us 29th. 2013 we were 38th, 2012 we were 22nd, 2011 we were 25th, 2010 we were 27th. That puts us at 28.2 from 2010-2014. Which makes sense considering we usually hovered just outside the top 25 in the polls. Today we are suddenly ranked #54 just a few spots above Texas. You can't just come out and say we averaged around 40, when we hovered around the top 25. This season is bad, and it's on the coaches there's no getting around that. Also the recruiting rankings say that dramatic upgrade isn't coming anytime soon under this staff.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2015/team/

He's the guy who also claims Reggie Bush paid his own airfare to visit Lincoln, but Solich wouldn't offer him. So yeah, 84huskerlaw makes stuff up and should be disbarred, if he even passed the bar.

• Fire 1

Well, please forgive me for not wanting to wade through another dark spot of our history to help brighten things up about our current dumpster fire.

Since you seem to have the history book out, when was the last time we finished 4-8 and 3-9?

Obviously never, because 12 game regular seasons are a pretty recent thing. Do you feel good now that you've found something bad we've never done before?

9 losses will tie for the most losses in the Huskers' 126 year history.

So ignoring the fact we are about to hit rock bottom is supposed to be better?

How can anyone feel good? We don't that's why we're frustrated.

People seem to be going out of their way to make a bad situation seem even worse.

We've actually had some 1 and 2 loss seasons, so this really isn't rock bottom, but whatever.

People seem to be going out of their way to make a bad situation seem even worse.

We've actually had some 1 and 2 loss seasons, so this really isn't rock bottom, but whatever.

What? Are you seriously comparing a 1 or 2 loss season to the abysmal 3-9 we will be expected to finsih?

You are in the over reaction thread and you want to talk optimism, lol.

What? Are you seriously comparing a 1 or 2 loss season to the abysmal 3-9 we will be expected to finsih?

No, of course I meant 1 or 2 win seasons.

No, of course I meant 1 or 2 win seasons.

Yeah....back in the 50's. Are you gearing this towards a "every 50 years we need to hit rock bottom" kind of thing? I'm confused

Look, as far as the modern era of our history goes, this is pretty damned close to rock bottom. We are likely to go win less at home in league play, I don't think that has ever happened has it? Our lone conference win may come from a program that had their HC resign due to health issues a week or so later.