Nebraska vs Purdue (talent discussion)

So we lambster Bo for saying guys weren't executing (I don't think he ever called out a specific player) and that's BS because you shouldn't hang kids out there like that. But it's ok if the fans do it...

Honestly there should have been some improvement with this team, but they have regressed almost every week. We see the same issues we saw in week one. And basic game managment errors in 3 games (even 4 games if you count the idiotic passing at Minny). These coaches are either clueless or full of sh#t. They talked about developing a run game, and coaching to players strengths in the off season. Yet all the reports indicated that they rep'ed the passing game much more than the run game in pre season, and they make a 2nd string, never started, QB sling the ball around before the game is even out of hand.

I hope they're clueless... I can for give ignorance, but not a f'ing liar.

And if Riley's team looks like this in year seven and Riley turns into a nostril flaring ass on the sideline, I'll expect him to be fired as well.

If we fire him now it just shows our leadership has bought into the overreaction of this fan base, which should never happen. Got to be smarter than a typical football fan to run a program.

It's not an overeaction. The vast majority of us were going to give this staff a chance, but when you f#*k up this bad... what do you expect? This is one of the more intelligent and tolerable fan bases. We know our football, and we've given every coach a fair shake with the exception of Frank. You can't take a 9 win team with a top 10 secondary and turn them into a 3 win team with the worst secondary in the nation and expect a pass.

By the way, I'm not hanging the kids out there. They're not executing very well. Period.

The same could have been, and was said under the previous regime, but no quarter was given. That is a coaching issue, always has been always will be. If they're not executing find a way to coach them or bench em. Coaches have to make players accountable, again another gripe from the past.
  • Fire 2

kfUGV1.gif

Does anyone want to break down how we can blame Banker, Hughes or Riley on this one? I'd love to hear it and I'm sure someone can dream something up.

Stop burrying you head and open your eyes. This isn't working. There are fundamental issues with how these coaches operate. They have poor preparation, a poor grasp of how to call plays, a poor grasp of how to use personel and schemes, a poor grasp of game managment, a poor grasp of everything really.
  • Fire 2

Btw if you want a break down on those gifs...

the int: keep your feet moving, shoulders square to the defender, and for godsake stay in front of him. That's technique it should be coached.

The passing td: hard to say but looks like the corner should have turned his hips sooner, technique, and ther was no safety help over the top (an ongoing philosphy/coaching issue)

The rushing td: pursuit angles, basic coaching on assignments.

And that's the thing Decked, it probably wasn't the best idea to pass in that situation, and players need to execute better. Yet around this board I've seen 20 some threads about firing the coaches, blame Riley blam Langsdorf on and on, but the whole idea of players making plays and executing seems to be almost non-existant.

Now I get it, we hate to call out the players, but maybe they need called out. Look at some of the guys in those plays.

You can fire the coaches, and we can bring someone new in. We talk about it as if we're not even talking about real people, but lets say we do that and the next guy comes in and suddenly the effort level goes up. Well then I'll call that chicken sh#t. The effort should always be there. I don't care if these guys feel sorry for themselves about Bo being fired, or if they don't like the new systems they've found themselves in. They should have more respect for themselves as players and as a team when they take that football field. Period.

I'd like to see more from these guys, because I don't think we are getting the full effort from all of them.

To the guys that do play their asses off, credit to you and respect to each individual that does. They know who they are and the guys that are half assing it know who they are too.

Btw if you want a break down on those gifs...

the int: keep your feet moving, shoulders square to the defender, and for godsake stay in front of him. That's technique it should be coached.

The passing td: hard to say but looks like the corner should have turned his hips sooner, technique, and ther was no safety help over the top (an ongoing philosphy/coaching issue)

The rushing td: pursuit angles, basic coaching on assignments.

He gets caught flat footed and his head isn't on a swivel.

Should Cavanaugh have this player playing better? Is it Cavanaugh's fault his technique is weak and the player clearly wasn't focused? Has this player been a good player in the past that has been getting worse, not better? Has this player proven to execute consistently in the past?

So Stewart taught the corner poor technique? The corner is in position to make the play. He doesn't need safety help over the top. That's not the scheme we play in. Lots of teams don't put safety help over the top. The corner should be able to cover a Purdue WR right, I mean, as much more talented as we are and all?

The rushing TD, basic pursuit angles is basic coaching? Ha! That's basic football man. If you've been playing this game you either understand it or you don't. Don't be lazy and don't jog after the play how about that? Don't let a WR reach out and completely take you out of the play if you're a DE that outweighs him by 80 lbs.. How about #25 on that rushing play? What was he up to?