Recruiting Rankings

You have to win and win games that matter to draw better recruits. Probably the number one indicator of the kind of recruiting class a school will have. 3-9 or 4-8 is not going to seem real appealing to a lot of top recruits

Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Miami, and Penn St all say hello

I guess if you guys want to look at recruiting rankings (at only one outlet that favors your case) than perhaps you should look at potential verbal commits as well. Considering all players at this point are just that.

MR is in on some elite level players. He closed hard last year in a short amount of time to recruit. Let's see this play out before you decide to bash everything he does.

Also, it's somewhat of a perfect storm for OSU out west right now. Oregon having their worst season in a decade, USC just canned their coach. Those are two of there major competitors for top level talent.

Anyways, I'm sure your trolling efforts will not go unnoticed.

Funny that we have a recruiting forum that would answer most of their questions but it's easier to just troll about it in the football forum.

Neb: 28

OSU: 51

Scout

Neb: 30

OSU: 57

GBRedneck, check the recruiting page to see which players we are close on that are big recruits. I can't do all your homework for you.

If Riley closes at say a 50% rate on guys they are close on for the 2016 class, he will have a top 20 class.

Who? Let's see the Crystal Ball predictions for some top guys we're going after.

Juarez- UCLA 86% USC 14%

Nathan Smith- Baylor 100%

Tre Bryant- MINN 43% Northwestern 29% KSU 29%

Jaleel Laguins- UGA 96% AUB 4%

Alaric Jackson- MSU 80% NEB 10%

Jordan Elliot- Nebraska isn't even listed in top 3

The only 4 star we are likely to land is Farinok. We might get 3 stars in Fant, Anchrum and Drayton but is that really enough to get excited about? As for the 2017 class, that's nice that Keyshawn Johnson Jr. and the boys are showing interest but I can about guarantee you they're going somewhere else.

Smith is USC, FYI...

Bryant we just got involved with. Who gives a damn about predictions when we weren't even an option at the time? Plus, predictions are overrated, considering the things that change over a recruits timeline and not all predictors change their guesses, which is what they are sometimes.

Juarez is a pipe dream.

I'm not so sure you can guarantee anything about 2017 recruits today.

Other notable '16 guys you didn't mention, Simmons, Davis, Rashed, WR visiting this weekend is 4 star, can't remember his name right now. Take a look at the other guys visiting as well.

Also, it's easy to forget a lot of the guys you sometimes end up with don't come around until late in the cycle.

Troll on!

• Fire 1

I guess if you guys want to look at recruiting rankings (at only one outlet that favors your case) than perhaps you should look at potential verbal commits as well. Considering all players at this point are just that.

MR is in on some elite level players. He closed hard last year in a short amount of time to recruit. Let's see this play out before you decide to bash everything he does.

Also, it's somewhat of a perfect storm for OSU out west right now. Oregon having their worst season in a decade, USC just canned their coach. Those are two of there major competitors for top level talent.

Funny that we have a recruiting forum that would answer most of their questions but it's easier to just troll about it in the football forum.

Exactly..

Scout

GBRedneck, check the recruiting page to see which players we are close on that are big recruits. I can't do all your homework for you.

If Riley closes at say a 50% rate on guys they are close on for the 2016 class, he will have a top 20 class.

Who? Let's see the Crystal Ball predictions for some top guys we're going after.

Juarez- UCLA 86% USC 14%

The only 4 star we are likely to land is Farinok. We might get 3 stars in Fant, Anchrum and Drayton but is that really enough to get excited about? As for the 2017 class, that's nice that Keyshawn Johnson Jr. and the boys are showing interest but I can about guarantee you they're going somewhere else.

Smith is USC, FYI...

Bryant we just got involved with. Who gives a damn about predictions when we weren't even an option at the time? Plus, predictions are overrated, considering the things that change over a recruits timeline and not all predictors change their guesses, which is what they are sometimes.

Juarez is a pipe dream.

Other notable '16 guys you didn't mention, Simmons, Davis, Rashed, WR visiting this weekend is 4 star, can't remember his name right now. Take a look at the other guys visiting as well.

Also, it's easy to forget a lot of the guys you sometimes end up with don't come around until late in the cycle.

Troll on!

I am aware that Smith is a USC commit, and know he's looking around. Figured after checking the crystal ball he was planning on flipping to Baylor, but that doesn't appear to be the case after all. Either way, he's not coming here. The 4 star visiting this weekend is Smothers, who's committed to West Virginia and most likely to stay that way. Rashed just committed to Oregon St. of all places, and Simmons and Davis are JUCO. Again nothing to get excited about

Scout

Juarez- UCLA 86% USC 14%

Smith is USC, FYI...

Juarez is a pipe dream.

Troll on!

I am aware that Smith is a USC commit, and know he's looking around. Figured after checking the crystal ball he was planning on flipping to Baylor, but that doesn't appear to be the case after all. Either way, he's not coming here. The 4 star visiting this weekend is Smothers, who's committed to West Virginia and most likely to stay that way. Rashed just committed to Oregon St. of all places, and Simmons and Davis are JUCO. Again nothing to get excited about

Lol, I can't even argue with you. Your arguments are ridiculous. Well I thought might go to Baylor, but he isn't going here. What the f#*k kind of argument is that? Are you mental?

Scout

Juarez- UCLA 86% USC 14%

Smith is USC, FYI...

Juarez is a pipe dream.

Troll on!

Also, I'm glad no one got excited about the likes of David or Gregory... Just little old juco boys.

Scout

Juarez- UCLA 86% USC 14%

Smith is USC, FYI...

Juarez is a pipe dream.

Troll on!

Lol, I can't even argue with you. Your arguments are ridiculous. Well I thought might go to Baylor, but he isn't going here. What the f#*k kind of argument is that? Are you mental?

I admitted that I was wrong about Smith going to Baylor. The point still is, there's no indication that this class is something we're going to be pumped about.

Scout

Juarez- UCLA 86% USC 14%

Smith is USC, FYI...

Juarez is a pipe dream.

Troll on!

I admitted that I was wrong about Smith going to Baylor. The point still is, there's no indication that this class is something we're going to be pumped about.

Is there indication that it's not something to be pumped about? We already have a QB of the future and some very good WR's commited plus the best OLineman we've got in a while in Raridon. Just admit you're a negative f'ing nancy.

There are over 3 months until signing day dude.

I could care less that you were wrong about Smith. I'm talking about your way of arguing saying that they just aren't going here because they just aren't.

Kind of early to determine whether the recruiting is positive or negative at this point. Being "committed" to a team doesn't really mean much anymore. I can almost guarantee that a few committed players to Nebraska will flip and Nebraska will get some players that were committed to other teams.

Precisely. Some of the trolls around here want it one way though and not the other. Sadly, they make it sound like they want it to be our commits to leave, but won't be able to snag commits from other school.

You have to win and win games that matter to draw better recruits. Probably the number one indicator of the kind of recruiting class a school will have. 3-9 or 4-8 is not going to seem real appealing to a lot of top recruits

I didn't say without exception. If you want to believe it is easier to recruit to a losing program rather than one that is winning, particularly nationally televised games of importance, well, good luck with that.

I didn't say without exception. If you want to believe it is easier to recruit to a losing program rather than one that is winning, particularly nationally televised games of importance, well, good luck with that.

Of course not, it pretty obvious to say winning matters, but if you ask any of the recruiting guys they will tell you current record isn't as important as you would think. There is an appeal to being the class that Turns around a program, especially a historic one.

The question becomes go 9-4 but get absolutely blown out in every game that matters and be constantly embarrassed on national TV or have a 4-8 record where your pretty competitive in every game. Which is better for recruiting. I have no clue

Exactly..

Not quite. The recruiting forum is filled with astronomers that think we're going to sign all of USC commits plus Suarez since Sark got canned.

Right now, Simmons and Farniok are the only two uncommitted 4* players you can accurately say we are in on. And I wouldn't put either one of them at better than 50% odds.

The way I see it, Riley is going to end up filling the last few spots in the class with 2* guys and the team ranking will suffer. I don't think he makes it inside the top 30.