Recruiting Rankings

Just using Rivals because it is the only one I looked at...they currently have these #s

Nebraska: 15 Verbals and ranked 41

Oregon St: 15 Verbals and ranked 47

So, does that mean that Riley is still "trying" for the same type of guys he got at OSU or does it just mean that Anderson is recruiting way better to Kosovo errrrr Corvallis than Riley ever did?

Just using Rivals because it is the only one I looked at...they currently have these #s

So, does that mean that Riley is still "trying" for the same type of guys he got at OSU or does it just mean that Anderson is recruiting way better to Kosovo errrrr Corvallis than Riley ever did?

Anderson is solid. Amazed he jumped to OSU honestly

Anderson is solid. Amazed he jumped to OSU honestly

So, do you think that means that recruiting to Corvallis might not be the impossible task we were told?

Do you think that Anderson is just that good?

Do you think Riley and his staff can recruit at a superior level here at NU?

This is why Nebraska needs to have the "I'm going to run it down your throat mentality." I know its simple to use the excuse that it's hard to recruit 18 year olds to Nebraska, but Nebraska will probably never be top 15 year in and year out again. It is easier to beat superior talented teams when time of possession is on your side. Implement a W.C. offense or something similar, run it 60/40 and recruit kids that want to play for Nebraska. Rankings aren't everything, but Nebraska needs to start getting difference makers on a yearly basis if they want to be relevant again.

What were his classes ranked previously at Corvalis? That'd be a better indicator.

He was 54, 39, 39, 56 in 2014, 2013,2012,2011........

Bo was 32,17,25,15...........

To date, Riley seems to be pulling less talent than Bo and slightly better than hike at OSU......

Sure as hell not enough to restore NU to dominance IMO.

Per

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2011/all/all

I don't put much stock into recruiting rankings. Riley was known as a coach who could develop 2 or 3 star talent but if we judge from our current predicament, nothing could be further from the truth.

round_hole_square_peg_6617.png

If all Riley got was two and three star recruits, then yes, i guess he developed two and three star talent...

What were his classes ranked previously at Corvalis? That'd be a better indicator.

He was 54, 39, 39, 56 in 2014, 2013,2012,2011........

Bo was 32,17,25,15...........

To date, Riley seems to be pulling less talent than Bo and slightly better than hike at OSU......

Sure as hell not enough to restore NU to dominance IMO.

Per

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2011/all/all

Oh thanks!

So, if Anderson pulls in a class (this year) ranked around 25-30...it seems like it could be a safe bet to worry a bit that Riley might not be a super recruiter.

I guess if you guys want to look at recruiting rankings (at only one outlet that favors your case) than perhaps you should look at potential verbal commits as well. Considering all players at this point are just that.

MR is in on some elite level players. He closed hard last year in a short amount of time to recruit. Let's see this play out before you decide to bash everything he does.

Also, it's somewhat of a perfect storm for OSU out west right now. Oregon having their worst season in a decade, USC just canned their coach. Those are two of there major competitors for top level talent.

Anyways, I'm sure your trolling efforts will not go unnoticed.

I guess if you guys want to look at recruiting rankings (at only one outlet that favors your case) than perhaps you should look at potential verbal commits as well. Considering all players at this point are just that.

MR is in on some elite level players. He closed hard last year in a short amount of time to recruit. Let's see this play out before you decide to bash everything he does.

Also, it's somewhat of a perfect storm for OSU out west right now. Oregon having their worst season in a decade, USC just canned their coach. Those are two of there major competitors for top level talent.

Anyways, I'm sure your trolling efforts will not go unnoticed.

Matty-I was pretty excited for the change from Pelini, and was impressed with the initial recruiting push by Riley and company. But the recruiting trail has run dry, and we are at risk of losing some of our current recruits. Riley was supposed to be good at coaching up players and maximizing their talent, and thus the expectation was that he would have at least a similar record as Pelini, if not better. He's managed to minimize our talent in every aspect of the game, and lose more games before November than any other head coach in NU's history.