Recruiting Rankings

I guess if you guys want to look at recruiting rankings (at only one outlet that favors your case) than perhaps you should look at potential verbal commits as well. Considering all players at this point are just that.

MR is in on some elite level players. He closed hard last year in a short amount of time to recruit. Let's see this play out before you decide to bash everything he does.

Also, it's somewhat of a perfect storm for OSU out west right now. Oregon having their worst season in a decade, USC just canned their coach. Those are two of there major competitors for top level talent.

Anyways, I'm sure your trolling efforts will not go unnoticed.

Please post the other rankings, please! I am sure there are some that are way in favor of NU. I think 247 is the one that people really like now, I don't know what they have for the rankings, like I said I just looked at Rivals.

So, please, post them. I hope you are right and that NU has a great class. I said they would end up with a top 20 class. It just seems like that might not be the case.

Thanks!

I guess if you guys want to look at recruiting rankings (at only one outlet that favors your case) than perhaps you should look at potential verbal commits as well. Considering all players at this point are just that.

MR is in on some elite level players. He closed hard last year in a short amount of time to recruit. Let's see this play out before you decide to bash everything he does.

Also, it's somewhat of a perfect storm for OSU out west right now. Oregon having their worst season in a decade, USC just canned their coach. Those are two of there major competitors for top level talent.

Please post the other rankings, please! I am sure there are some that are way in favor of NU. I think 247 is the one that people really like now, I don't know what they have for the rankings, like I said I just looked at Rivals.

So, please, post them. I hope you are right and that NU has a great class. I said they would end up with a top 20 class. It just seems like that might not be the case.

Thanks!

The only way NU ends up in the top 20 is if Riley releases some players and signs a class of 28-30. It won't necessarily be that we are getting the right quality of talent, but the quantity of players could drive up the rankings.

Riley is not going to recruit at a higher level here than he did at OSU. You have to win and win games that matter to draw better recruits. Probably the number one indicator of the kind of recruiting class a school will have. 3-9 or 4-8 is not going to seem real appealing to a lot of top recruits. 41st, 49th, 30th.....just arguing numbers at that point. Top ten or gtfo. I don't give a f#*k how Anderson does at OSU or how Bo does at YSU. Riley and staff are already lame ducks and will accomplish nothing here. It only remains to be seen how soon the powers that be recognize that and correct it. I won't actively be calling for heads because it will only come off douchey like some of these other outspoken know it all posters and I think we're stuck for another year. Hope I'm wrong.

Riley is not going to recruit at a higher level here than he did at OSU. You have to win and win games that matter to draw better recruits. Probably the number one indicator of the kind of recruiting class a school will have. 3-9 or 4-8 is not going to seem real appealing to a lot of top recruits. 41st, 49th, 30th.....just arguing numbers at that point. Top ten or gtfo. I don't give a f#*k how Anderson does at OSU or how Bo does at YSU. Riley and staff are already lame ducks and will accomplish nothing here. It only remains to be seen how soon the powers that be recognize that and correct it. I won't actively be calling for heads because it will only come off douchey like some of these other outspoken know it all posters and I think we're stuck for another year. Hope I'm wrong.

JJ...I hate that you might very well be right.

JJ...I hate that you might very well be right.
I hate it too. It's a little thing I've been calling Football Purgatory. Welcome to it.

Anderson has always coached in the Northeast except for his stint at Wisconsin. He has ties to the region and the schools were he got the commits from are also pipelines to OSU. I'm not downgrading Anderson as I think he is a good coach but lets wait until his second or third year to label him as a recruiting power to OSU.

Who are the elite level players he's in on (not already committed)?

Thanks!

The only way NU ends up in the top 20 is if Riley releases some players and signs a class of 28-30. It won't necessarily be that we are getting the right quality of talent, but the quantity of players could drive up the rankings.

Kind of like the false belief that his quantitative experience was actually quality.....

We are screwed.

Riley and his staff minus bray are recruiting duds. Plain and simple. Banker and several others cannot connect with kids and are a definite liability at recruiting and on the field. Makes you wonder how they have a job in coaching. Especially Banker.

This ^

Imagine Banker, Hughes, or Stewart coming into your house to recruit you. zzzzzzz

Riley and his staff minus bray are recruiting duds. Plain and simple. Banker and several others cannot connect with kids and are a definite liability at recruiting and on the field. Makes you wonder how they have a job in coaching. Especially Banker.

This ^

Imagine Banker, Hughes, or Stewart coming into your house to recruit you. zzzzzzz

I wouldn't even open the door.

Neb: 28

OSU: 51

Scout

Neb: 30

OSU: 57

GBRedneck, check the recruiting page to see which players we are close on that are big recruits. I can't do all your homework for you.

If Riley closes at say a 50% rate on guys they are close on for the 2016 class, he will have a top 20 class.

Who? Let's see the Crystal Ball predictions for some top guys we're going after.

Juarez- UCLA 86% USC 14%

Nathan Smith- Baylor 100%

Tre Bryant- MINN 43% Northwestern 29% KSU 29%

Jaleel Laguins- UGA 96% AUB 4%

Alaric Jackson- MSU 80% NEB 10%

Jordan Elliot- Nebraska isn't even listed in top 3

The only 4 star we are likely to land is Farinok. We might get 3 stars in Fant, Anchrum and Drayton but is that really enough to get excited about? As for the 2017 class, that's nice that Keyshawn Johnson Jr. and the boys are showing interest but I can about guarantee you they're going somewhere else.