Iowa

Moiraine

They're going to be ranked #6 or #7 whenever the next rankings come out. 3 teams ahead of them lost today. I think Oklahoma State will jump them. But it doesn't matter much if they do because Baylor and Oklahoma State will play each other. So that puts Iowa at #6 at the worst when Nebraska plays them if they win their next 2 games. I really hope they're undefeated when they play Nebraska. They have Minnesota and Purdue left. They'll only have 6 days to prepare for Nebraska. Nebraska will have 13 days to prepare for Iowa. Iowa will be looking ahead to the Ohio State game which will be the next week (Iowa will have already clinched the West if they win their next 2 games).

Our game better not be at 11am but I doubt it will be at night because TCU plays Baylor at 6:30. So hopefully 2:30. I'm excited. Hopefully we can beat Rutgers.

• Fire 1

I think it's guaranteed at 11am, per the contract with ABC playing on Black Friday.

Do you remember reading that somewhere or is it a guess because it's always been at 11am vs. Iowa? The highest either team has ever been ranked for those games is #17 (and the teams were never both ranked). I always assumed that was why we played at 11am. I don't know why ABC wouldn't keep it open so they can put the best matchup late and the 2nd best at 2:30. Their only other reasonable choice is Miami at Pittsburgh, neither of which are ranked. And the game still says TBD.

I thought the Black Friday game series with CU was sometimes at 2:30. Is that right? Not sure how to check. I would think the contract would have been similar.

Yes. I looked last night. Last time we played them it was at 2:30. I don't see why ABC would want to limit themselves to a certain time slot for the game.

I've got Iowa losing to Minnesota and Nebraska then missing out on the Big Ten title game. I would very much enjoy seeing Iowa get into the title game though just to see them get completely exposed and actually have to play one of the top teams in the conference on the way to their bowl game. Too similar to their 2009 season where they just stumbled through an incredibly easy schedule all the way to the Orange Bowl.

I've got Iowa losing to Minnesota and Nebraska then missing out on the Big Ten title game. I would very much enjoy seeing Iowa get into the title game though just to see them get completely exposed and actually have to play one of the top teams in the conference on the way to their bowl game. Too similar to their 2009 season where they just stumbled through an incredibly easy schedule all the way to the Orange Bowl.

Boo. I reallly hope they don't lose to Minnesota. I want Nebraska to ruin their dreams.

I thought the Black Friday game series with CU was sometimes at 2:30. Is that right? Not sure how to check. I would think the contract would have been similar.

iirc, the cu-nu game alternated time slots with the ut-a&m game. every two years they would switch.

interesting. Maybe ABC learned from their mistakes and now allow more flexibility in scheduling that day. Too much money at stake to make the time slot an arbitrary thing.