Bowl Eligible at 5-7

I am telling you...Nebraska will either be favorites or even-money vs Iowa.

I would say Iowa by about a field goal, maybe a little more. I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 or even 6. They're good on the road and against the spread on the road.

But it is possible Nebraska is slightly favored. Line setters have not been deterred by the record. Iowa is tricky because of their schedule, but they've been getting healthy enough spreads and doing well enough against them that I feel they'll be favored.

Wouldn't a Pinstripe Bowl be better than no bowl at all? Even at 5-7, even if you don't personally agree with it, that's what the rules allow at the the moment. I'm not saying that a 5-7 team deserves to go to a bowl game, but it's more playing time for these kids, more coaching time, and money for the program. And this year, maybe the odds are better than other years that a 5-7 team gets a chance. Even the Pinstripe Bowl would be a high point on a bad season IMO. And with NU's top ranked APR, we might have a shot. Winning against Iowa would be ideal, but we'll take what we can get.

I think Nebraska beats Rutgers, and suddenly our forced rivalry with Iowa has potential to start a real rivalry. For Iowa what could be at stakes is an unbeaten season with a win in the CCG getting them into the CFP.

For Nebraska, it could mean a bowl game and a somewhat decent finish to a terrible season.

Can't remember the last time I was really amped for our Black Friday game. Might have to go back to early Pelini days where we needed to beat Colorado to solidify the North.

Wouldn't a Pinstripe Bowl be better than no bowl at all? Even at 5-7, even if you don't personally agree with it, that's what the rules allow at the the moment. I'm not saying that a 5-7 team deserves to go to a bowl game, but it's more playing time for these kids, more coaching time, and money for the program. And this year, maybe the odds are better than other years that a 5-7 team gets a chance. Even the Pinstripe Bowl would be a high point on a bad season IMO. And with NU's top ranked APR, we might have a shot. Winning against Iowa would be ideal, but we'll take what we can get.

Yeah, this was all argued over in previous threads. You must not have looked very hard for them because they are out there with obvious titles, and recent. Then again, there were a lot of recent meltdown threads, but search should work. FWIW I agree with this but not going to get into it again. Besides, we'll go 6-6 and get a bowl that way, even if some have the notion that bowls have to be earned to their standards.

if we win the next two games I will be amazed and extremely excited. Chance to go 7-6 would be unheard of considering what this team has gone through and what this entire season has been. I think I said it earlier, but my worst case scenario in Riley's first year was 7 wins. But this 7 wins would be something else, I would be highly impressed considering he turned the sinking ship around in the hardest times.

That could also solidify a decent recruiting class. And in the grand scheme of things, Pelini wins 9 games again this year, and Riley wins 7 games, did anyone expect a title his first year? Probably not. Then we can look back and see how well this team played in all their games (except Purdue)

I have a feeling we will beat Rutgers somewhat handily next week. Then we'll go into the bye, heal up, and unleash hell upon an undefeated Iowa. And I'll be there to enjoy every minute of it.

Please god let this happen.............these Iowa fans have been terrible to deal with this season.

Updated bowl projections has us playing Oregon in the Foster Farms bowl in California on December 26th.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/11/8/9691220/bowl-game-projections-2015-ncaa-football-playoff

I have a feeling we will beat Rutgers somewhat handily next week. Then we'll go into the bye, heal up, and unleash hell upon an undefeated Iowa. And I'll be there to enjoy every minute of it.

Please god let this happen.............these Iowa fans have been terrible to deal with this season.

Updated bowl projections has us playing Oregon in the Foster Farms bowl in California on December 26th.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/11/8/9691220/bowl-game-projections-2015-ncaa-football-playoff

we play them the next two years. This could be like how we played Washington over and over.

Hope not, Oregon is starting to gel real well, we are not ready to play them.

we play them the next two years. This could be like how we played Washington over and over.

Hope not, Oregon is starting to gel real well, we are not ready to play them.

We don't have to be ready to play them right now. That game is almost two months away.

I know we play Oregon next season, but I personally would love that matchup. Playing a popular team which means ratings, Riley facing his old nemesis, and of course Scott Frost. The over/under for that game might be 110