***Official 2015-16 College Basketball Thread***

GSG

There are still tickets available to the Champions Classic here on Tuesday at the United Center. As low as 24 bucks when I last checked. Duke vs Kentucky and then Kansas vs Michigan State afterwards. A friend of mine and her father are sitting in the 100 section. I would be in the nose bleeds if I decide to go but it would be a helluva night nonetheless.

After typing this I realized I need to go to this. Tickets bought. Looking forward to it.

^

I was there. He had a heckuva game. Kentucky-Duke was good but would have been much better had Duke not had such a poor shooting night.

I fully enjoyed being present to watch Kansas lose. Nice showing for the B1G by Sparty tonight in taking out the 4th ranked Jayhawks.

I think I am going to start going to this mini tournament every year. Love that the UC has this every season. They do a really good job of putting it on and the place was electric tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

Bo Ryan's Tenure As Wisconsin Head Coach Ended Strangely

This story isn't as interesting as some of the comments are:

tyler menomonieKevin Draper

Bo Ryan has been having an affair with a University of Wisconsin athletic department employee from Waunakee, Wisconsin and got her pregnant. Deadspin, if you want to break this story, I just gave you a big lead. Have fun. The story is real.

BuckminsterU48tyler menomonie

Not.quite. There’s fire behind that smoke, but not of the kind you think there is. Office scuttlebutt is off (though not by too far) here.

As for UW dirt, though, I’ll gladly show you where some bodies are buried. For example, Bret Bielema went to a ritzy detox joint in the summer of 2009 (or maybe ‘10?) and Barry used all his pull to keep it out of the Wisconsin State Journal and the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, and traded favors (access) with the Badger Herald to keep it quiet, too. Barry also paid some of his own money (and probably some of Bret’s, though I’m not certain about that) to keep photos of a shirtless Bielema, face-down and passed out on the floor of State Street Brats, private.

Bielema was threatened with a lawsuit after exposing himself to someone at an Athletic Department function (maybe it was a booster?) and comped tickets to a Rose Bowl (with Alvarez’ OK) to make it go away.

Barry’s the scummiest m-f'r alive and the most powerful man in the state. There are numerous politicians that are absolutely terrified of him. I have guesses as to why, but no proof. He’s also got a real taste for busty underclassmen, with a reputation for: a) not keeping his hands to himself; and b) paying off/granting favors (in the form of sideline passes, jobs/internships, and access to luxury suites) to said underclassmen.

As a former “tutor,” I wrote two essays Af-Am essays for a former linebacker and proctored several exams for football players in which I was explicitly instructed to let them use their cell phones.

Everyone’s heard about the band, but those bus trips to Michigan are only the tip of the iceberg for those degenerates. Leckrone does not give a flying f#*k about what they do, even though he’s a peach of a man otherwise.

I could say more, but these are the only things that I’m positive can be corroborated by multiple people and that, by extension, cannot be traced to me. Happy hunting!

• 2 weeks later...