Should Callahan wear NU shirts, pants, etc.???

I think this is a positive as far as team chemisry goes.  The players will see that Callahan is 100% devoted to them, making him someone they want to play for.  I think most players would be glad he's sticking up for the team.

I couldnt resist. If billy slash is so devoted to the team, maybe he should have wore an NU shirt during his spring practice press conference. :dumdum

Just curious, but how was BC sticking up for the team by insulting Freeman? I think that there are plenty of other ways of earning player respect. Are you saying that the team would not be 100% behind him if he did not do this kind of stuff?

Couldnt agree with you more.

As for the rest of it, I agree with Eric and Redman. Did billy slash make some funny comments, sure. Should he have made them publicly, hell no. Many of you are so sensitive to having fans be critical of the program, how it affects the players, recruits, etc (what do recruits think when they read this stuff on the I-net). What does it tell recruits when you decide NOT to go to NU (God forbid, and go to K St), its okay for the head coach who is supposed to be a role model for 17-22 yr old young men to publicly chastise you for your decision. :wtf

billy slash needs to start keeping his rude and demeaning comments to himself. Thats not the way I want the U of N portrayed. <_<

I think this is a positive as far as team chemisry goes.  The players will see that Callahan is 100% devoted to them, making him someone they want to play for.  I think most players would be glad he's sticking up for the team.

I couldnt resist. If billy slash is so devoted to the team, maybe he should have wore an NU shirt during his spring practice press conference. :dumdum

Just curious, but how was BC sticking up for the team by insulting Freeman? I think that there are plenty of other ways of earning player respect. Are you saying that the team would not be 100% behind him if he did not do this kind of stuff?

As for the rest of it, I agree with Eric and Redman. Did billy slash make some funny comments, sure. Should he have made them publicly, hell no. Many of you are so sensitive to having fans be critical of the program, how it affects the players, recruits, etc (what do recruits think when they read this stuff on the I-net). What does it tell recruits when you decide NOT to go to NU (God forbid, and go to K St), its okay for the head coach who is supposed to be a role model for 17-22 yr old young men to publicly chastise you for your decision. :wtf

billy slash needs to start keeping his rude and demeaning comments to himself. Thats not the way I want the U of N portrayed. <_<

this looks familiar...

I'm sure the Bobfather never said anything bad about another University in a public setting. :wacko: This is being made into a way bigger thing then it should be.  Just because "boring" ole TO wouldn't have done this doesn't mean it is a bad thing.
I'm sure the Bobfather never said anything bad about another University in a public setting. :wacko:

That would make it an appropriate thing to do? Also, Devaney did not coach during a time with the the vasts amounts and types of media coverage (ESPN, FSN, 24hr news channels, internet news sites, just to name a few). Callahan is being watched all of time.

This is being made into a way bigger thing then it should be.

Callahan has made it into a big thing by continuously making these types of remarks and gestures.

Just because "boring" ole TO wouldn't have done this doesn't mean it is a bad thing.

I guess we simply have different views on how a coach should represent himself, school, players, fans, and state. If you think it is a venue for name calling, smack-talking, and pot shots then that is your right. I simply expect more class than that.

I just love Do-Gooders, Bible Bangers, Soccer Moms and people who speak about class ETC who are offended over everything - How is it living in fear and being offended by the littlest thing. I'm glad we have a coach that is a real person and speaks his mind and takes it personal when a punk kid spurns us. If our ancestors wouldn't have spoke up and fought for themselves we would still be under English Rule. People like the above mentioned are f'ing PATHETIC!!!!! :restore2

lol coming from you Former why don't you support your team by posting on the Ohio bobcat web site. Or get behind the nebraska head coach Bill Callahan, you see former he is running the team not you or any of us that visit these forums.

I couldnt resist. If billy slash is so devoted to the team, maybe he should have wore an NU shirt during his spring practice press conference.  :dumdum

Superficial.

Disagree. When you are the HC, supposed leader of the program, you wear team gear when represent the program publicly, be it a school sweater, a polo shirt, a jacket, etc., or when in suit, wear a team-colored tie or a lapel logo pin.

If youre out to dinner with the wife, at the store, or mowing the grass, he can wear all the Raiders or Wisconsin stuff he wants. But when representing the program, he needs to be in gear that represents the program. That goes for ANY coach.

I couldnt resist. If billy slash is so devoted to the team, maybe he should have wore an NU shirt during his spring practice press conference.  :dumdum

Superficial.

Disagree. When you are the HC, supposed leader of the program, you wear team gear when represent the program publicly, be it a school sweater, a polo shirt, a jacket, etc., or when in suit, wear a team-colored tie or a lapel logo pin.

If youre out to dinner with the wife, at the store, or mowing the grass, he can wear all the Raiders or Wisconsin stuff he wants. But when representing the program, he needs to be in gear that represents the program. That goes for ANY coach.

Fishing pretty hard for Callahan complaints don't ya think? Now your busting the guy for what he is/isn't wearing??? Too funny! :rollin

Superficial.

Fishing pretty hard for Callahan complaints don't ya think? Now your busting the guy for what he is/isn't wearing??? Too funny! :rollin

I have to agree with you on this one. If BC was wearing a "Who Farted?" tee shirt maybe I would agree.

Whatever. Never been really concerned with a coaches wardrobe. Never will. Everyone knows he's the coach. It's no secret.

Gameday, yes, you wear the colors. Otherwise, whatever.

FF unfortunately is seeing things change at Nebraska. In most minds for the better. All he has to complain about now is the coach changing his clothes. Sad he has fallen to that level. Truly a man that does not want to see change in anything. We all got his two cents worth, now we can keep the change.

Superficial.

Praise the Lord #10 we have someone who stalks our coach while he eats. Congrats. :P

I'd be impressed. I'm going out on a limb an saying you're all messed up. :bounce

Hey, Im posting on a Nebraska board and currently not wearing a single piece of nebraska memorabilia..... is that ok? Am i representing the school as well as I could? To the topic. I am certainly not upset with a comment like this being made for a few reasons. One is the manner in which Freeman decommited. Many have said that he is a child and I believe that that is the case for many 17 yr olds, so I wont hold him accountable there, but his father was ultimately the one who set up the visit, who controlled Freeman's recruitiment, and who should have been the one to call up Callahan himself and explain to him why Freeman was looking elsewhere, and why he ended up going to K-State. None of this was done, therefore I see this comment as being a shot at Mr. Freeman more so than Josh. Secondly, this is not national news... The only people who are even aware that these comments were made are people in the states of Nebraska and Kansas and possibly in some other big twelve states. It doesnt matter if Callahan was a saint, the coaches and players in teh big twelve are not going to give him the same kind of respect that they gave TO. We are getting more positive publicity this summer than we have had since 2001 honestly at the national level, so I am not concerned about a little comment that Callahan made to some local reporters.

P.S. I dont agree with alot of the actions that our President takes, and will be the first to tell you which, but there is a big difference. I don't get to pick what country I live in, and if I could it wouldn't be in this one at this point. If you dislike the coach and the administration, move to another team. That is a really stupid analogy that I am tired of you making.