Defending the firing or defending the coach

lo country

All I can say is I hate the fact that we are stuck with this staff and most likely Scott Frost will be an HC for some school next season. I would rather learn with him than be stuck with this experienced staff that we find ourselves with.

Maybe you would. But judging from what happened with Pelini, many won't. Even though that is a sad statement about a lot of NU fans, it really is the AD, and in Prickman's case, the chancellor too who matter when it comes to coaches at NU.

If NU can somehow get another Devaney as AD, who can pick a potentially good coach, and protect him, as he did Osborne, then hiring Frost is a good bet. Otherwise, with a SPEM or Ickyhorst as AD, no way they have the patience to stay with a Frost, unless he wins a NC very quickly.

Just look what happened to Mark Richt at Georgia. And I though NU fans and boosters were bad.

All I can say is I hate the fact that we are stuck with this staff and most likely Scott Frost will be an HC for some school next season. I would rather learn with him than be stuck with this experienced staff that we find ourselves with.

Maybe you would. But judging from what happened with Pelini, many won't. Even though that is a sad statement about a lot of NU fans, it really is the AD, and in Prickman's case, the chancellor too who matter when it comes to coaches at NU.

If NU can somehow get another Devaney as AD, who can pick a potentially good coach, and protect him, as he did Osborne, then hiring Frost is a good bet. Otherwise, with a SPEM or Ickyhorst as AD, no way they have the patience to stay with a Frost, unless he wins a NC very quickly.

Just look what happened to Mark Richt at Georgia. And I though NU fans and boosters were bad.

LOL. There is so much irony in that post.

Riley will get 4 years minumium, the offense is trending up, the defense is trending up, penalties are trending down, recruiting is trending up, no blowout losses, competitive in all games. The future is really looking very good.

Purdue was a blowout, penalties and the O against Iowa were both awful

Penalties were ok that were penalities, The Offense was pretty damn good overall. 10 points was a blowout? What did you call all of those games under our former coach??? interesting!

Miami blew a 23 point lead against us. We were down to Purdue by 26 points at one point in the game. Let that sink in for a bit... Turnovers are way up FYI. I do like your optimism with this coaching staff though.

Here is what I don't get about all the guys that want Riley fired. Everything quiet downs with a couple of wins, we even have a lot of people convinced that Nebraska will for sure beat Iowa. I thought they could beat Iowa too, but you do have to realize a couple of things.

Iowa is a good team. They aren't the most talented team but they play very good team ball. Everything is aligned this year for them to have a good year and all the breaks are going their way right now. So don't disparage Iowa.

Almost everyone to a man said Nebraska will win if they don't have multiple turnovers, more specifically TA can't throw multiple intercenptions. Well, he threw 4 interceptions. One was a pick 6, it is that simple. You don't win many games with 4 ints.

So because of this they now want Riley and Co fired.

You are correct. I said we win with two or fewer turnovers. I also said that we probably lose if TA throws more than 25 times, because that will greatly raise the probability of more than two turnovers. I never liked the MR hire, and I was even more disappointed when he hired his staff. But I don't think anything can be done until Harvey is gone. If we have another season like this, we may lose the sell out streak, then something will change.

Riley will get 4 years minumium, the offense is trending up, the defense is trending up, penalties are trending down, recruiting is trending up, no blowout losses, competitive in all games. The future is really looking very good.

Purdue was a blowout, penalties and the O against Iowa were both awful

Penalties were ok that were penalities, The Offense was pretty damn good overall. 10 points was a blowout? What did you call all of those games under our former coach??? interesting!

Miami blew a 23 point lead against us. We were down to Purdue by 26 points at one point in the game. Let that sink in for a bit... Turnovers are way up FYI. I do like your optimism with this coaching staff though.

And this was an historically bad Purdue team. That was an unforgivable loss.