Tipped/Knocked down passes

C N Red

All I know is that SUH feasted on those at the line. It is now such an anomaly to see, that it stands out if one is tipped. Very, very few that I can remember in recent years.

I remember either Jason Peter or Joel Makovicka saying the reason Suh was able to knock down so many passes was because he was getting beat by the OL so he just stood up at line and stopped rushing. They said it like doing whatever to stop the offense was a bad thing.

All I know is that SUH feasted on those at the line. It is now such an anomaly to see, that it stands out if one is tipped. Very, very few that I can remember in recent years.

I remember either Jason Peter or Joel Makovicka saying the reason Suh was able to knock down so many passes was because he was getting beat by the OL so he just stood up at line and stopped rushing. They said it like doing whatever to stop the offense was a bad thing.

Yea. Im sure UT and Colt McKoy still thinks their OL was beating SUH. The most dominant DT in this generation was getting beat by the OL. Laughable!

Yea. Im sure UT and Colt McKoy still thinks their OL was beating SUH. The most dominant DT in this generation was getting beat by the OL. Laughable!

It is something that is coached -- if you're getting beat by an offensive lineman, you get your hands up and try to knock the ball down when it's thrown. But yeah, Suh was the one who was beating their OL's. Hell, they eventually resorted to triple teaming him and it still didn't work.

I remember some talk about Suh's footwork as a former soccer player giving him an advantage. Also, he seemed to always be in contain-mode on the QB, blocking running and passing lanes, rather than just bull-rush all the time. I think that let to more blocked passes IMO.

I was very impressed with Iowa's defense in this regard. ALWAYS having hands up. They tipped a lot of our passes in that game. Goes to coaching IMO.

• Fire 1

I always reach my kids on the d-line Rush the passer. If you don't get there get your hands up.

See now, so far back as I can remember this is what I learned and coached. The last few years it seems that someone has decided that it is a bad idea or something because it's just not happening. Infuriating at times.

I always reach my kids on the d-line Rush the passer. If you don't get there get your hands up.

See now, so far back as I can remember this is what I learned and coached. The last few years it seems that someone has decided that it is a bad idea or something because it's just not happening. Infuriating at times.

So much this. If you can't get there, get your hands up, obstruct the throwing lanes. Even if you don't tip it, it might cause the QB to alter his throw or motion and cause the pass to go off target or get an INT...

Other teams do it. Just seems we have decided to not coach it or at least not care about it.