2015 B1G Bowl Matchups

Mavric

How will the B1G do in this year's bowl games?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Something that is oddly not considered as an advantage in CF is travel, yet it is this sport that has one the highest statistical advantages to those who do the least of it. The deck is fairly stacked against B1G in post season I'd say. 3-4 wins maybe.

SEC

3 of 10 in home state 10 of 10 in conference territory! Hmm, how about that, no advantage at all there.

BIG

0 of 10 in state 1 of 10 in conference territory.

How does the SEC get a lot of these favorable match ups? In most cases their W-L record and/or ranking is much better than the team they are paired with. I know the SEC is the only conference where the conference determines the bowl match ups. There's a lot of chatter about the SEC not having A&M play TT in Houston for fear of losing. Instead they sent A&M to Nashville where they just played Vandy a month ago.

Something that is oddly not considered as an advantage in CF is travel, yet it is this sport that has one the highest statistical advantages to those who do the least of it. The deck is fairly stacked against B1G in post season I'd say. 3-4 wins maybe.

SEC

3 of 10 in home state 10 of 10 in conference territory! Hmm, how about that, no advantage at all there.

BIG

0 of 10 in state 1 of 10 in conference territory.

How does the SEC get a lot of these favorable match ups? In most cases their W-L record and/or ranking is much better than the team they are paired with. I know the SEC is the only conference where the conference determines the bowl match ups. There's a lot of chatter about the SEC not having A&M play TT in Houston for fear of losing. Instead they sent A&M to Nashville where they just played Vandy a month ago.

No idea, but they played some crappy teams so far, as far as their cushy travel schedule sec fans will say how bowls are played in warm weather, but of course you dont see them going out west or southwest either. Last year Pac 12 had a similar schedule, ended up with the best bowl record not coincidentally, only played one out of conference area and they lost that one.

Really the bottom line is that you can not compare conferences based on bowl games, this is like having a ACC B1G basketball challenge and playing all the games in home states and conference areas of the B1G, then winning and claiming that you are better, while the whole thing is really a farce.

Really considering how a 5-7 Nebraska went into California to play 8-4 UCLA and Wiscy playing a South California uni ranked 25th in Southern California and both wining, now that shows serious dominance, that's playing against some odds there. But Pac 12 is pretty bad this year. sec on the other hand has more parity with B1G, but we do have a climb. Seriously, Michigan has to play Florida in Florida, something Florida does constantly so it's an uphill battle. I have little doubt UM would beat them in Michigan but hell will freeze over before they schedule a game here. As far as I'm concerned until sec leaves their crib they have not proven much.

• Fire 1

Yea, though it's a tough place to play Cali teams, Wiscy always had a hard time there as well. But at least they would loose by a score. Iowa is looking pretty terrible on the other hand. Really it's been a weird B1G season. I cant see how Iowa won some of the games they won, same for Sparty and NW.

B1G ends up 5-5. Not great but better than some thought. Kind of leaves a bad taste with a couple blow outs in the bigger games.

But I think considering the match-ups, it worked out pretty well. Really, if Michigan's punter doesn't fumble the snap, it would have been interesting to see how it would have worked out with OSU in the playoff, MSU in the Rose Bowl and Iowa in the Fiesta Bowl.

Three teams in the New Year's Six is pretty impressive.

I guess I am pleased at 5-5 but the MSU, Iowa and NW (ranked higher than Tenn) blowouts looked bad. The SEC is strong and deep but they do manage their bowl parings. Why not put Tenn vs Mich instead of NW. NW matched up so much better against Florida. B1G might go 2-0 with Mich vs Tenn and NW vs Florida. Tenn was a tough match up for NW.

This is KEY: all bowl match ups are dependent on who is getting into playoffs and NY6 games. B1G had 3, SEC, B12 and ACC 2 and PAC 1. PAC is going to have a big advantage in all its other bowl parings. What if B1G had 2 and SEC had 3 (Bama, Miss, and for argument sake UF - SEC east champ best next record) in NY6. How would the B1G and SEC records be different? You'd have Ohio State playing Tenn in Citrus, Mich playing UGa in Outback, NW playing Ark or LSU in Gator. The media never considers this and does its best to pump up the SEC.

• Fire 2