The Streak

ed

Solich was fired to prevent being mediocre. We have had 12 consecutive seasons that were not as good as 2003. When do you think the Huskers will have a season as good or better than 2003?

Sorry to tell you, but Solich had already achieved mediocrity. Pederson tried to reverse that but he could not.

Solich was making moves to correct things. Remember he actually fired the DC & pulled in Pelini to be the DC in 2003. Solich was in the NC game in 2001. Yes, Miami kicked the crap out of NU that year, but this was a '01 Canes team that most consider a top 5 all-time team. Most on this board would put them only behind the '95 & '71 Husker teams.

IMO Perlman & Pederson were the direct downfall to NU football. They listened to the talking heads & made the decison that ended the offensive identity to NU football & it has never recovered.

^This times 1 million.

Agree. Firing Solich was the biggest mistake ever made in college football.

And yet he had trouble finding a job until a MAC school took a chance on him. Guess all those P5 AD's were fools.

There aren't many ADs that are fool enough to pin their hopes on a sextagenarian.

• Fire 1

ed

Solich was fired to prevent being mediocre. We have had 12 consecutive seasons that were not as good as 2003. When do you think the Huskers will have a season as good or better than 2003?

Sorry to tell you, but Solich had already achieved mediocrity. Pederson tried to reverse that but he could not.

Solich was making moves to correct things. Remember he actually fired the DC & pulled in Pelini to be the DC in 2003. Solich was in the NC game in 2001. Yes, Miami kicked the crap out of NU that year, but this was a '01 Canes team that most consider a top 5 all-time team. Most on this board would put them only behind the '95 & '71 Husker teams.

IMO Perlman & Pederson were the direct downfall to NU football. They listened to the talking heads & made the decison that ended the offensive identity to NU football & it has never recovered.

^This times 1 million.

And yet he had trouble finding a job until a MAC school took a chance on him. Guess all those P5 AD's were fools.

My memory may be a bit foggy, but I remember several colleges who had interest in Solich who were higher profile than Ohio. Just about every writer and pundit was left scratching their head after the firing...

ed

^This times 1 million.

My memory may be a bit foggy, but I remember several colleges who had interest in Solich who were higher profile than Ohio. Just about every writer and pundit was left scratching their head after the firing...

Army was the only one I remember, not a P5 school though, only the uninformed were left scratching

Didn't Solich get fired for bedding a cheerleader?

No. That's a lie put out by the Pedey propaganda machine. If it was true, Pedey would've put it on the front pages of every newspaper in the state. Since it wasn't, he had to rely on his seedy network of minions and shills.

ed

^This times 1 million.

Army was the only one I remember, not a P5 school though, only the uninformed were left scratching

Your post does make it sound like Ohio was his only choice which is not accurate... What informed coaches, pundits and writers thought it was a good move?

That's an interesting read. But I wonder how accurate it is? I mean, most of the stuff in that Facebook article seems like message board chatter. I wish I could discuss that article with an insider who worked in the athletic dept during that time.

Like this, from the FB entry:

Just before the 2013 Iowa game, Perlman and Eichorst tried to fire Pelini but Tom Osborne and the regents got wind of their scheme. As a result, the regents stopped the termination.

Is there any truth to this, or is it just a message board rumor? Has anyone ever heard this verified by one of the regents? Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:

No. That's a lie put out by the Pedey propaganda machine. If it was true, Pedey would've put it on the front pages of every newspaper in the state. Since it wasn't, he had to rely on his seedy network of minions and shills.

Its true........... but I don't think she was a cheerleader.

Unless you were actually there in the bedroom or wherever it allegedly happened and watched them do it, then your opinion has no merit.

Unless you were actually there in the bedroom or wherever it allegedly happened and watched them do it, then your opinion has no merit.

And your saying it was a lie has even less merit, so there us that. If you put Carl Pelini and Frank Solich in a sack and shook them up and dumped it out, I doubt you could tell them apart.

And your saying it was a lie has even less merit, so there us that. If you put Carl Pelini and Frank Solich in a sack and shook them up and dumped it out, I doubt you could tell them apart.

Remember the drunk or drugged, driving the wrong way episode in Ohio shortly after he was hired???????????? 2 peas in a pod.

I never said it was a lie.

Are there other things I didn't say you'd like to discuss?

Sorry, Redneck said it was a lie, hard to tell you two apart.

Sorry, Redneck said it was a lie, hard to tell you two apart.

I'm the less ugly one.