The Streak

I want more than just 9 wins each season.

While I love watching a balanced attack rip a defense to shreds, I'm fine with any offense that keeps us competitive for conference and national titles. I want Nebraska to be in the hunt for titles each year.

And I want to watch a real blackshirt defense again. One that takes pride in holding opponents to minimal gains. One that takes pride in producing shut outs.

Solich was fired to prevent being mediocre. We have had 12 consecutive seasons that were not as good as 2003. When do you think the Huskers will have a season as good or better than 2003?

Next year...the schedule sets up for two losses tops

Seriously? You think we only lose to Ohio State and Oregon? I wish I had what you are drinking...

• Fire 1

Solich was fired to prevent being mediocre. We have had 12 consecutive seasons that were not as good as 2003. When do you think the Huskers will have a season as good or better than 2003?

Is 10-4 worse than 9-3 for Solich's last year?

I am not considering the number of wins, just the number of losses, because of the variability in the number of games. I think a major milestone for the Huskers in three losses.

In 2003, a year the Huskers only lost three games, Steve Pederson fired Frank Solich, and stated that he would not let the huskers slip into mediocrity. Since then, the Huskers have lost more than three games every year. When will the Huskers return to the same level as the year Solich was fired, and when will the Huskers exceed the 2003 season results? I predict three losses for the Huskers in 2019, and less than three losses in 2020. I see the current staff at Nebraska for two additional years, then a new AD finally hires a coach that believes in an attacking D and a strong running game based on homegrown linemen. In 2018, a new staff makes improvements, and in finally returns to a three loss season in 2019. The improvement continues with a single loss season in 2020 which ends with a BCS bowl win.

Scott Frost?

Next year...the schedule sets up for two losses tops

Seriously? You think we only lose to Ohio State and Oregon? I wish I had what you are drinking...

smoke.jpg

If you ask me, we should aim to get back to the level of the 2009 team. They were an offense away from being actual contenders. I know you are only using the 3 losses as the aiming point but if you actually compare the 2 teams ask yourself which team and season gave you more hope that Nebraska was close to getting back to where everyone wants it to be. IMO if you say 2003 you don’t remember how average that team actually was and just how elite that 2009 defense was.

If you ask me, we should aim to get back to the level of the 2009 team. They were an offense away from being actual contenders. I know you are only using the 3 losses as the aiming point but if you actually compare the 2 teams ask yourself which team and season gave you more hope that Nebraska was close to getting back to where everyone wants it to be. IMO if you say 2003 you don’t remember how average that team actually was and just how elite that 2009 defense was.

A 2009 defense with this years offense, with a better QB and a better O line. Some would say a better running back. But with a better O line our running backs would have looked much better. A QB making better decisions would have taken pressure off the D and made them that much better. Plus the 2009 D would have put our offense in better field position.

ed

Sorry to tell you, but Solich had already achieved mediocrity. Pederson tried to reverse that but he could not.