The Streak

ed

Solich was fired to prevent being mediocre. We have had 12 consecutive seasons that were not as good as 2003. When do you think the Huskers will have a season as good or better than 2003?

Sorry to tell you, but Solich had already achieved mediocrity. Pederson tried to reverse that but he could not.

Solich was making moves to correct things. Remember he actually fired the DC & pulled in Pelini to be the DC in 2003. Solich was in the NC game in 2001. Yes, Miami kicked the crap out of NU that year, but this was a '01 Canes team that most consider a top 5 all-time team. Most on this board would put them only behind the '95 & '71 Husker teams.

IMO Perlman & Pederson were the direct downfall to NU football. They listened to the talking heads & made the decison that ended the offensive identity to NU football & it has never recovered.

^This times 1 million.

Agree. Firing Solich was the biggest mistake ever made in college football.

And yet he had trouble finding a job until a MAC school took a chance on him. Guess all those P5 AD's were fools.

He ran an offense that most people thought would be unsuccessful in the future. So yes there would not be a long line waiting for him.

Solich was fired to prevent being mediocre. We have had 12 consecutive seasons that were not as good as 2003. When do you think the Huskers will have a season as good or better than 2003?

Didn't Solich get fired for bedding a cheerleader?

No. That's a lie put out by the Pedey propaganda machine. If it was true, Pedey would've put it on the front pages of every newspaper in the state. Since it wasn't, he had to rely on his seedy network of minions and shills.

Its true........... but I don't think she was a cheerleader.

Unless you were actually there in the bedroom or wherever it allegedly happened and watched them do it, then your opinion has no merit.

And your saying it was a lie has even less merit, so there us that. If you put Carl Pelini and Frank Solich in a sack and shook them up and dumped it out, I doubt you could tell them apart.

Yes I could. Carl would be the one with white powder under his nose & Solich would have beer foaming out of his mouth.

No. That's a lie put out by the Pedey propaganda machine. If it was true, Pedey would've put it on the front pages of every newspaper in the state. Since it wasn't, he had to rely on his seedy network of minions and shills.

It is true. I don't think it had anything to do with his firing, but I personally know those rumors to be true. I don't think that is groundbreaking because I'm sure people on this board personally know the same people I do who were affected by it.

As for Carl Pelini, I have no idea on those rumors.

I would still call BS on this story. Sorry I have just learned not to take to heart the personal knowledge of a internet poster. Maybe you are the exception, but the vast majority are just plain lies past on to the gullible. After the firing Solich got a DUI & people were saying it was his drinking that cost him his job.

If you want some great story's you should ask the older people who use to hangout at Misty's about Bob Devaney. There was lots of story's of wives going home & the local talent showing up just after.

It is true. I don't think it had anything to do with his firing, but I personally know those rumors to be true. I don't think that is groundbreaking because I'm sure people on this board personally know the same people I do who were affected by it.

So tell us who those people are and how they were affected.

I'm guessing we'll hear *crickets*.

BTW, the Carl rumors are mostly true. So are the Bohl rumors from 2001-2002 (which are frequently confused with Solich).

BTW, the Carl rumors are mostly true. So are the Bohl rumors from 2001-2002 (which are frequently confused with Solich).

This ^^^^^. There was an alleged affair Solich was to have committed. However, it was a woman who worked within the athletic department rather than a co-ed, cheerleader, etc. It was a fairly common rumor running within the athletic department at the time. Those who I know who worked within the department talked about it, but none knew if it was anything other than a rumor.

That's an interesting read. But I wonder how accurate it is? I mean, most of the stuff in that Facebook article seems like message board chatter. I wish I could discuss that article with an insider who worked in the athletic dept during that time.

Like this, from the FB entry:

Just before the 2013 Iowa game, Perlman and Eichorst tried to fire Pelini but Tom Osborne and the regents got wind of their scheme. As a result, the regents stopped the termination.

Is there any truth to this, or is it just a message board rumor? Has anyone ever heard this verified by one of the regents? Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:

He is a lawyer in Nebraska running for congress.

Once again, Nebraska faced the problem of hiring a good coach after firing a coach with a 9-3 record who graduated most of his players. Eichorst approached Kyle Whittingham, Paul Chryst and Brett Bielema but was rejected by all three of them. This was all reported in the media. I heard rumors they were also turned down by Jim McElwain.

Is there any truth to this, or is it just a message board rumor? Has anyone ever heard this verified by one of the regents? Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:

Hmmmmm, a lawyer. Running for Congress. So does that make it more likely, or less likely, that it's true?

:lol:

Hmmmmm, a lawyer. Running for Congress. So does that make it more likely, or less likely, that it's true?

Depends on who is paying him

Depends on who is paying him

Regents?

• 2 years later...

On 12/13/2015 at 2:31 PM, KazLong said:

President Lizard Trumps 5th term of president, no longer do we bother playing football, instead all football has been replaced with lacross. Nebraska La-Cross team goes winless.

Called it 2015. You guys should really go golfing with me more.