Schools easing athlete penalties for marijuana, report says

And you know, out of all the people I ever saw smoking weed, I never once saw someone get belligerent or aggressive in any way.

I have seen them fall out of their chairs, run into walls, and laugh while looking at...whatever. I went to a not so great urban high school in Illinois. 932 in my Freshman class, 555 graduated. 2/3 of the casualties were marijuana and pregnancy or both. I smelled marijuana every day I went to school...EVERY day. I saw what became of the stoners...until I didn't see them any more at all.

So I am going to go with what I have seen at high school and say a person is better off not smoking the stuff. Yes, same could be said about alcohol, just ask Johnny Manziel.

And you know, out of all the people I ever saw smoking weed, I never once saw someone get belligerent or aggressive in any way.

I have seen them fall out of their chairs, run into walls, and laugh while looking at...whatever. I went to a not so great urban high school in Illinois. 932 in my Freshman class, 555 graduated. 2/3 of the casualties were marijuana and pregnancy or both. I smelled marijuana every day I went to school...EVERY day. I saw what became of the stoners...until I didn't see them any more at all.

So I am going to go with what I have seen at high school and say a person is better off not smoking the stuff. Yes, same could be said about alcohol, just ask Johnny Manziel.

There are studies that show preliminary evidence ( I use preliminary because we haven't had much time for peer review/duplication on many of these new studies) that Cannabis is very bad for brain development in those in their early 20's and younger. As far as the bolded part? LOL! I've seen all of that in my time, usually from newer users.

There are legitimate uses for Cannabis as well so it might be best to not let the activities of a bunch of kids cloud your judgement on that aspect. Watch this video, it's enlightening. Charlotte's story is heart wrenching if you are a parent.

• Fire 1

So, people don't want to take pills because they are addictive, but don't think marijuana is?

Sounds to me like some are just rationalizing their use of it.

Cannabis isn't nearly as addictive as we've been lead to believe by the government. In fact, it's one of the least addictive drugs out there.

Heres' an article that talks about legitimate dangers not only of Cannabis but other drugs like alcohol and tobacco. (Technically nicotine is the drug in tobacco.) An excerpt from the article.

Of course, marijuana is not harmless either. Excessive use can lead to respiratory discomfort, although the drug itself has not been linked to lung damage. Studies have also shown cannabis can be addictive, however much less addictive than alcohol and even less than caffeine. That's not to say that marijuana can't be habit-forming:Between 4 and 9 percent of regular pot users can develop dependence on the drug, according to a frequently cited survey supported by the National Institute on Drug Abuse. That's compared with about 15 percent of drinkers who develop a dependence for alcohol.

Here's something else that I found interesting, in States that have legalized Cannabis deaths due to prescription painkillers are down 25%.

http://www.newsweek.com/states-medical-marijuana-painkiller-deaths-drop-25-266577

*Edit* There isn't a single documented case of a death caused by Cannabis.

Sorry, I don't pay the slightest bit of attention to Huff Po articles.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-addictive

Rising Potency

Marijuana potency, as detected in confiscated samples, has steadily increased over the past few decades.2 In the early 1990s, the average THC content in confiscated cannabis samples was roughly 3.7 percent for marijuana and 7.5 percent for sinsemilla (a higher potency marijuana from specially tended female plants). In 2013, it was 9.6 percent for marijuana and 16 percent for sinsemilla.16 Also, newly popular methods of smoking or eating THC-rich hash oil extracted from the marijuana plant (a practice called "dabbing") may deliver very high levels of THC to the user. The average marijuana extract contains over 50 percent THC, with some samples exceeding 80 percent. These trends raise concerns that the consequences of marijuana use could be worse than in the past, particularly among new users or in young people, whose brains are still developing (see "What are marijuana’s long-term effects on the brain?").

Your quote from the article doesn't mention anything about marijuana being bad for you. Concentration of a drug has nothing to do with it's effects - positive or negative. The amount taken is what matters, so you'd just take less of the higher concentration to get the same total amount taken.

^^^^The story of Charlotte, the little girl, makes it pretty dang hard to take a position against the medicinal benefits of cannabis.

+1 for the video

What about the teen? The one with the diaphragm muscle spasms? I feel real empathy for that guy. I know the pain of muscle spasms, it can be pretty horrendous and his are in his diaphragm. Yuck, almost makes me glad mine generally happen across my lower back.

I forget if it's in the video or not, but the group of brothers that grew the high CBD Cannabis named it Charlotte's Web after the Charlotte in the video. There are other strains of high CBD Cannabis now as well. Rubicon is one that I use.