GT: Nebraska at #19 Iowa - 8PM CT - BTN

Of course it's disappointing and beyond frustrating the way the season has begun.

But, most unbiased observers could have predicted this situation unfolding because of our lack of any inside presence. The continuing lack of a big man is THE single biggest issue holding back this team because it forces other players to perform out of position; and I suppose it's legitimate to criticize the coaches for their failures in this regard. For whatever reason....injuries; misses, or just bad luck..........this is the hole that continues to plague this team.

I had hoped to eek out a win vs Northwestern, but Indiana and a roadie vs Iowa were long shots at best so 1-2 or 0-3 is really what the difference is.

Saturday at Rutgers and next Tuesday against a struggling Minnesota could bring us back to 2-3. That's the best hope scenario for the next week...........which maybe could generate some confidence to upset some teams farther down the road.

But, I am surprised at the vitriol since most observers saw this coming this year.

(however, it's tough to win vs anybody when you miss 12 consecutive shots to end the half).

Big surprise we lose and Husker "fans" are calling for coach's head. Don't forget he got us to the NCAA tourney just a few years ago. Yeah let's fire him. So dumb!

lol, we heard a lot of this same type of crap with Bo being fired. 9 win season blah blah blah.

Miles is UNDER .500 as a coach at NU! Does that mean anything to you? If not let me help, it means he has lost more games than he has won.

but yeah that one NCAA tourney appearance is golden!!

• Fire 1

Of course it's disappointing and beyond frustrating the way the season has begun.

But, most unbiased observers could have predicted this situation unfolding because of our lack of any inside presence. The continuing lack of a big man is THE single biggest issue holding back this team because it forces other players to perform out of position; and I suppose it's legitimate to criticize the coaches for their failures in this regard. For whatever reason....injuries; misses, or just bad luck..........this is the hole that continues to plague this team.

I had hoped to eek out a win vs Northwestern, but Indiana and a roadie vs Iowa were long shots at best so 1-2 or 0-3 is really what the difference is.

Saturday at Rutgers and next Tuesday against a struggling Minnesota could bring us back to 2-3. That's the best hope scenario for the next week...........which maybe could generate some confidence to upset some teams farther down the road.

But, I am surprised at the vitriol since most observers saw this coming this year.

(however, it's tough to win vs anybody when you miss 12 consecutive shots to end the half).

yeah, I saw it coming, but i also expected more out of year 4 than .500.. again! lack of big man? who's fault is that? it sure isn't the previous coaches fault, this is year 4 and NU has ZERO quality big men to help them! ZERO!

it seems we continue to recruit these 6' 10" bean poles that are totally worthless in the big 10.. that can't shoot, can't play defense and can't run the court!

Big surprise we lose and Husker "fans" are calling for coach's head. Don't forget he got us to the NCAA tourney just a few years ago. Yeah let's fire him. So dumb!

What is dumber...wanting to fire Miles or anointing him as some amazing coach because of a rather lucky 4 week run?

I think anointing him is overstating it a bit. He has had a history of turning around relatively bad programs rather quick and people saw that run as a springboard. I don't see the harm in that.

What is dumber...wanting to fire Miles or anointing him as some amazing coach because of a rather lucky 4 week run?

I think anointing him is overstating it a bit. He has had a history of turning around relatively bad programs rather quick and people saw that run as a springboard. I don't see the harm in that.

Oh yeah, I know that...but let's face it...lots of fans were anointing him...

how anyone can look at this team and see anything other than a high school team is beyond me, I mean, do you guys even understand the game of basketball?

We have zero offense, we can't break a simple 3/4 court pressure defense without serious issues.. it is unbelievable!

On this point I concur 100%.

Don't understand stopping right before the time line and then throwing it BACK to a trailing guard......?

AND, if we do break the press relatively easily, why we WAIT for the opponent to set up their defense before attacking the basket..?

It should be classic sports risk/reward........they press to generate turnovers and/or delay us setting up an offense............then IF we break it, why NOT attack the basket and make them pay ??

Otherwise there is no incentive for an opponent NOT to press. Inexplicable !

As upsetting as it is, it's a rebuilding year. And Miles isn't going anywhere, he's got what, 3-4 years left on contract? It's Nebraska basketball. He's straightening things out. You're fooling yourself if you think Doc ever had this much raw talent sitting around. 4 Rivals 150 players? Chiiilllllll