GT: Nebraska at #19 Iowa - 8PM CT - BTN

Unfortunately it looks like this season will be a "wash" and we will just have to hope we can get some good recruits coming in and build a team that will have success long term. I'd say you have to wait until this year's freshman class is seniors before we can really give Tim Miles a "grade".

In the meantime it would be nice if so-called Husker fans would just support the team and get rid of this entitled attitude like the team owes you something. Ever since PBA got built a lot of those type of fans that previously only followed football before are now "basketball fans". Take your entitled attitude and leave it in memorial stadium. Our "fanbase" can be so annoying at times.

• Fire 1

As upsetting as it is, it's a rebuilding year. And Miles isn't going anywhere, he's got what, 3-4 years left on contract? It's Nebraska basketball. He's straightening things out. You're fooling yourself if you think Doc ever had this much raw talent sitting around. 4 Rivals 150 players? Chiiilllllll

People get caught up on top 150...

Basically any player not 1-50 is a bit of a crap shoot as to what you are really going to get, sad but true.

It also depends on how you are filling your classes...filling it with undersized players for their respective positions and NOT playing to their strengths is a recipe for disaster.

Unfortunately it looks like this season will be a "wash" and we will just have to hope we can get some good recruits coming in and build a team that will have success long term. I'd say you have to wait until this year's freshman class is seniors before we can really give Tim Miles a "grade".

In the meantime it would be nice if so-called Husker fans would just support the team and get rid of this entitled attitude like the team owes you something. Ever since PBA got built a lot of those type of fans that previously only followed football before are now "basketball fans". Take your entitled attitude and leave it in memorial stadium. Our "fanbase" can be so annoying at times.

So, you equate question the coach/being unhappy with the coach, as not supporting the team?

So If I'm the CEO of a major corporation getting paid millions of dollars to teach my subordinates, make wise management decisions, including hiring the best assistants I can to more effectively run my corporation but I'm failing to do that, am I not deserving of criticism? Is the person criticizing me "entitled"?

Look nobody is expecting a dominant Nebraska team but it would be nice to see a team that looks like they understand very basic, fundamental basketball. I was pretty excited when Miles was hired, since then, I'm not so sure. I've never played or coached basketball at a high level but I do have an understanding of how the game is played and just watching some of the things this team does or doesn't do leaves me dumbfounded. I really think we sorely miss Craig Smith.

• Fire 1

As upsetting as it is, it's a rebuilding year. And Miles isn't going anywhere, he's got what, 3-4 years left on contract? It's Nebraska basketball. He's straightening things out. You're fooling yourself if you think Doc ever had this much raw talent sitting around. 4 Rivals 150 players? Chiiilllllll

Looking like three out of four years we're going to win 5 or fewer conference games. The one good year we had we benefited from about the easiest possible conference schedule but won 0 post-season games. We've basically made no progress in four years.

I agree that I think we have some young talent. Hopefully that will help. But we're also in year four of not even having an offense to run against a zone defense. If you can't put your players in a position to succeed, having talent won't get you very far.

• Fire 1

Looking like three out of four years we're going to win 5 or fewer conference games. The one good year we had we benefited from about the easiest possible conference schedule but won 0 post-season games. We've basically made no progress in four years.

I agree that I think we have some young talent. Hopefully that will help. But we're also in year four of not even having an offense to run against a zone defense. If you can't put your players in a position to succeed, having talent won't get you very far.

And I agree with everything you said. My point is, the talent on this team is at a 20+ year high. Those players don't come here if Miles isn't here. Pick your poison. Better (that's very subjective, and a huge gamble) with less talent or what we currently have with pretty good talent that needs some time?

And I agree with everything you said. My point is, the talent on this team is at a 20+ year high. Those players don't come here if Miles isn't here. Pick your poison. Better (that's very subjective, and a huge gamble) with less talent or what we currently have with pretty good talent that needs some time?

I would love to see the recruiting numbers over the last 20 years, not doubting this but curious.

I don't think it's necessarily true that those players don't come here if Miles isn't here. Definitely better than the last couple coaches were getting but it's not like he's the only guy who could recruit to Nebraska.

And like I said, talent doesn't get you very far without a competent game plan. If we don't even have an offense to run against a zone defense in year four, I don't see how that is expected to get better. And for all of the talent, none of it is a 5 or even a legit 4. That also won't get you very far.

Big surprise we lose and Husker "fans" are calling for coach's head. Don't forget he got us to the NCAA tourney just a few years ago. Yeah let's fire him. So dumb!

Don't forget we've now lost 11 conference games in a row and losses to Samford and Incarnate Word in a span of 2 years. Yeah lets keep him around and see what happens. So dumb!

If this is a rebuilding year, what was last year? How many rebuilding years can you have?

These posts are so negative, please let me know if anyone is going to commit suicide!

Please, oh please tell me what you could possibly find positive about this game. Or this season in general for that matter.

We were a 14 pt dog on the road, playing a Sr. heavy team that is rated & most of us thought we would lose. It does not matter what I think, because you will not listen!
To be fair we were up 10 and looked like the superior team with no signs of slowing down. And then we collapsed without an adjustment. Again.

These posts are so negative, please let me know if anyone is going to commit suicide!

Please, oh please tell me what you could possibly find positive about this game. Or this season in general for that matter.

We were a 14 pt dog on the road, playing a Sr. heavy team that is rated & most of us thought we would lose. It does not matter what I think, because you will not listen!
To be fair we were up 10 and looked like the superior team with no signs of slowing down. And then we collapsed without an adjustment. Again.

This is due to no big man & playing a lot of youngsters. My only complaint is not having a big man we he first got here. Since its so hard to get a quality center, we could have been developing one.