What level of winning should we be seeing in a 15-year span?

What level of winning should we see in a 15 year span?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I realize the tone of this poll is very entitled and demanding, but we are a pretty demanding fan base, so I thought it was appropriate.

I could have phrased it "what would you like to see" or "what do you hope to see", but let's face it: for most of us, the bottom line for coach success and keeping your job is winning games, and ultimately winning championships.

Sorry if this is a shot at the other current poll, but I guess it is. If you actually care to gauge opinion, people have to have options. Really, opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody's got one. And there are a lot of "opinions" on this board. ;)

Not everyone needs 90's dominance to be a satisfied Husker fan. Don't get me wrong, I would be VERY happy with that, but I don't expect it. Some of you do, and I guess to each his own. Will be interesting to see, though.

*edit: I added a few choices at the bottom after-the-fact. Feel free to edit your vote. PM me if you don't know how.

• Fire 1

I really don't expect anything. I am hopeful we can become competitive in the Big10. We really have not been since we got here. I can deal with Nebraska playing like they did the last four games. That is what I want from the program. A respectable effort, a chance to win, and to be proud of the team, the kids on and off the field.

I voted for one CC in the next 15 years, it would a 100% improvement over the past 15.

• Fire 1

The longer we go without a conference title, the longer the feeling of hopelessness and desperation will continue. Just getting to the conference championship game isn't enough. Bo made it once, three times if you include the Big 12, and look what happened to him. If we don't win at least 1 conference championship, Riley's time here will be a failure.

• Fire 3

And to be clear, I am assuming a continuation of the 4-team playoff. Where a conference title doesn't guarantee a spot.

The advocates for an 8 team playoff took a major hit this year by the ratings dip. This can be easily remedies by moving playoff games to January 1st.
I agree, although I would prefer to see the champ game on the 1st with semis the week before. I think the layoff is a big part of the problem. CFP could own December like BB owns March IMO.
  • Fire 1

And to be clear, I am assuming a continuation of the 4-team playoff. Where a conference title doesn't guarantee a spot.

The advocates for an 8 team playoff took a major hit this year by the ratings dip. This can be easily remedies by moving playoff games to January 1st.
I agree, although I would prefer to see the champ game on the 1st with semis the week before. I think the layoff is a big part of the problem. CFP could own December like BB owns March IMO.

I would prefer keeping the playoff games on the 1st regardless of venue. Then move the National Championshio game to the following Saturday, Monday night sucks if your team makes it and you wanna celebrate.

I think an expectation of winning the division around half the time is reasonable given our usually weak division. That puts us at 7 of 15.

Even with the East's strength we should expect to win 1-3 of 7 in that CCG game. This gives us 1-3 cracks at the playoff, likely.

A national title would not be a given, much less two. Could happen.

• Fire 1

I would prefer keeping the playoff games on the 1st regardless of venue. Then move the National Championshio game to the following Saturday, Monday night sucks if your team makes it and you wanna celebrate.
The NFL playoffs are in full swing by the 2nd weekend of January, and they play Saturday and Sunday. The National Championship game isn't moving off Monday night.

The NFL playoffs are in full swing by the 2nd weekend of January, and they play Saturday and Sunday. The National Championship game isn't moving off Monday night.

Like I said move the game up to like the first weekend after January 1st. If the NFL has already taken that Saturdau over, do the game on a Fridau night. I hate the Monday night time slot.