Glenn the juice...

I really dont care who the starting running back is because all of them have different qualities. As long as the running back that is in the game gets the time to get into the groove of the game all of them will do great things for us.

Then Taylor will have more time to pass.

I would like to see Glenn turn the corner and just pulverise a CB that tries to tackle him the have Taylor throw to a reciever that is being covered by that samd CB.

Can anyone say "Touchdown"

I really dont care who the starting running back is because all of them have different qualities. As long as the running back that is in the game gets the time to get into the groove of the game all of them will do great things for us.

Then Taylor will have more time to pass.

I would like to see Glenn turn the corner and just pulverise a CB that tries to tackle him the have Taylor throw to a reciever that is being covered by that samd CB.

Can anyone say "Touchdown"

Very good point :thumbs

I think it would be good to see Kenny Wilson running back kickoffs while hes learning the wco. Would like to see what kind of speed and moves he has with a wide open field in front of him.

GBR!!!

Sounds like it would be good to get him on the field, but it doesn't sound like anyone will overtake Glenn at this point...but of course, things CAN always change.

I remember Ross blocking very well last season for Taylor, and as long a Glenn can pick up reads, his size is every indication that he should be just as effective.

I only hope Glenn can handle those dump passes that Taylor and Ross were so effective with.

I only hope Glenn can handle those dump passes that Taylor and Ross were so effective with.

i know what you mean, those effective dump passes were so amazing to watch, and everytime one occured it had the probability to be huge, i was left waiting to see another one time and time again. that just adds to corey's credentials for an NFL future.

NU football notebook, 4/7: Glenn misses most of practice with ankle sprain

By The Lincoln Journal Star

Saturday, Apr 08, 2006 - 12:38:08 am CDT

Nebraska sophomore I-back Cody Glenn, enjoying a strong spring, was sidelined for most of Friday’s practice because of a high ankle sprain suffered during scrimmage action Wednesday.

“It’s not severe,” coach Bill Callahan said. “It’s what they call moderate. We backed him down. Hopefully, he’ll be back Saturday or Monday.”

Nebraska completed the 10th of 15 spring practices, working out in helmets, shoulder pads and shorts inside Hawks Championship Center.

In other injury news, backup strong safety Ben Eisenhart underwent surgery to repair a bursa sac on his elbow and will be sidelined indefinitely.

Advertisement

KIFFIN’S PASSION: Tampa Bay head coach Jon Gruden, in Lincoln to speak at the Huskers’ spring coaches’ clinic, said Buccaneer defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin doesn’t receive the respect he deserves for developing young coaches. The 65-year-old Kiffin, a former Husker player and assistant coach, enters his 11th season with the Bucs. “He’s helped me get better as a head coach and he’s got great energy,” Gruden said. “He’s in great shape. The game means a lot to him. First downs mean a lot to him. He doesn’t like giving up inches, let alone yards. He still has a blinding passion and believe me, he’s very proud of his roots. I know he talks about this place all the time, and I just wanted to come back and see it with my eyes.”

DEADHEAD: Gruden said he tried to get ex-Husker Barrett Ruud to attend the NU coaches’ clinic, but Ruud had tickets to a Grateful Dead concert in New Jersey. Ruud, the Bucs’ No. 2 middle linebacker behind 10-year NFL veteran Shelton Quarles, made 17 tackles last season as Tampa finished 11-5 in the regular season before losing a wild-card playoff game to Washington. “Barrett’s a guy we think eventually will take the torch and become our middle linebacker,” Gruden said. “He’s backing up a tremendous player. This is the No. 1 defense in football that Barrett’s playing for, and he’s going to have to earn his right to play.”

IMPRESSED: John Garrison, Nebraska’s starting center in 2001 and 2002, now coaches the offensive line at Blue Springs (Mo.) High School, his alma mater. He attended practice Friday as a clinic-goer, and apparently was impressed with the program’s progress under Callahan. “It’s like coming back and seeing your old girlfriend,” Garrison said with a smile. “She’s really hot, but she’s with another guy now.”

— Steven M. Sipple