KJJ Video

We're all guilty of living in the moment, but in my opinion, this is one of the most (if not the most) substantial recruits Nebraska has brought in for a long time. I don't say that because I have high expectations of greatness for him - I just say that because his name carries a lot of weight and influence. He's got friends that are being recruited to Nebraska that may now give us harder looks and consideration. There are coaches and players all over the country, who don't even know him personally, that are today saying 'woah... Nebraska got Keyshawn's son??'

And hey, if he ends up being extremely productive for us then that's great and what really matters =).

• Fire 8

We're all guilty of living in the moment, but in my opinion, this is one of the most (if not the most) substantial recruits Nebraska has brought in for a long time. I don't say that because I have high expectations of greatness for him - I just say that because his name carries a lot of weight and influence. He's got friends that are being recruited to Nebraska that may now give us harder looks and consideration. There are coaches and players all over the country, who don't even know him personally, that are today saying 'woah... Nebraska got Keyshawn's son??'

And hey, if he ends up being extremely productive for us then that's great and what really matters =).

Well said Enhance! +1

Like he stated, he wants to blaze his own trail but with that type of lineage, I expect him to hit the floor running and end up being pretty special.

THIS

It is all about Brand recognition.

If you can convince a kid like this from California to come out here, other kids are going to stand up and take notice.

Nebraska needs to win games on the field to make this work, but right now, they are building excitement...

This recruitment reminded me so much of Andrus Peat, well except the whole good guys won part. I am a lot more comfortable today with the Riley hire. Him & his staff have done a better job recruiting then I remember Pelini ever doing. The last class had a very bad end with no DL's in it, but Riley was quick to do what needed to be done. My only concern with him/staff now is play calling & really we have only seen 1 season of play calling.

I was pretty critical of the staff early on. The low point was the Purdue game. I just didn't see the team rebounding at all, and thought we were in a spiral. Then Michigan St. I really like the direction that this team is heading with this leadership.

This recruitment reminded me so much of Andrus Peat, well except the whole good guys won part. I am a lot more comfortable today with the Riley hire. Him & his staff have done a better job recruiting then I remember Pelini ever doing. The last class had a very bad end with no DL's in it, but Riley was quick to do what needed to be done. My only concern with him/staff now is play calling & really we have only seen 1 season of play calling.

Someone was pointing out in another thread that the average player rating for our recruits, right now, is better than it has been in recent years.

I don't follow recruiting that closely, but I think it's fair to say the KJJ recruitment is a bigger 'splash' than any Pelini recruit. I don't mean that as an insult, but, I don't think Pelini would've ever won someone like KJJ because of the offensive style and recruiting focuses at the time.

Now, it's all about capitalizing and momentum. I always thought the previous staff didn't do a good enough job in this area. For example, the incredible talent/production that was Ndamukong Suh seemed like the perfect catalyst to help Nebraska recruit great DL prospects and perform at a high level. That never really happened.

Someone was pointing out in another thread that the average player rating for our recruits, right now, is better than it has been in recent years.

I don't follow recruiting that closely, but I think it's fair to say the KJJ recruitment is a bigger 'splash' than any Pelini recruit. I don't mean that as an insult, but, I don't think Pelini would've ever won someone like KJJ because of the offensive style and recruiting focuses at the time.

Now, it's all about capitalizing and momentum. I always thought the previous staff didn't do a good enough job in this area. For example, the incredible talent/production that was Ndamukong Suh seemed like the perfect catalyst to help Nebraska recruit great DL prospects and perform at a high level. That never really happened.

I heard from many people that Suh was their go to speech for DL recruiting & it got played out really fast.

I hate being "that" guy, but can we please keep this thread on topic? The discussion regarding Callahan's recruiting abilities (or inabilities) has been hashed out in other threads and is even being discussed in other threads right now. Let's keep this thread about KJJ, his recruitment and what he brings to the program.

• Fire 2