The General Election

I'll say it. If trump is elected, assassination should be considered as an option. He's too stupid, dangerous and inept to hold the office.

Oh oh, but I'm just "exaggerating" and "being sarcastic."

Whoa-I would seriously not go where you just went as this type of talk will have a member of the FBI stopping by for a visit. I believe they closely monitor those insinuating or making threats against the POTUS or potential POTUSs. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong about this

I'll say it. If trump is elected, assassination should be considered as an option. He's too stupid, dangerous and inept to hold the office.

Whoa-I would seriously not go where you just went as this type of talk will have a member of the FBI stopping by for a visit. I believe they closely monitor those insinuating or making threats against the POTUS or potential POTUSs. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong about this

If they want to arrest the millions who've postulated about that vis a vis trump, they'll have their hands quite full.

I think the actual closeness of ties and Manchurian-candidate suggestions are a little exaggerated. They're the things that capture the most attention, but as such things go, attention dwarfs actual significance.

Where I think this matters most is Trump's overt, consistent praise for people like Putin, Saddam, and Kim Jong-un -- it reveals what he considers to be models of governance. And this is the man running for the highest political office in our land.

The American system isn't merely held up by laws. It's held up by the acceptance of those laws, and the prevalence of strong norms in service of our laws and institutions. It's alarming to me the degree to which these norms seem to no longer actually exist, at least in the eyes of many voters.

^ and speaking of norms, assassination should *never* be regarded as an option. Not if Caligula himself took the Oval Office. (Not to say that I think you're serious, cm -- I know you aren't.)

I haven't seen as much praise from Trump regarding Putin and Kim (though I'm sure its out there), but his remarks regarding Hussein were taking way out of context. He was arguing that since Saddam was removed, Iraq was destabilized and still presents problems for the US today, and that US interests may be better off with dictators who can keep their countries in check compared to regime change situations like in Egypt, Syria, and Iraq which threatens stability. Now there can be a human rights argument made that dictators that harm their own countries citizens justify the US and its allies from pursuing regime change, but Trump's platform is America first and these types of decisions are viewed through that lens. Trump has actually taken two very strong positions from the left (anti regime change and free trade) that I'm surprised he's not given as much credit for by some of those on here who tend to lean more to the left.

As for being a nation of laws, you hit the nail on the head here, and this is one of the reasons why Trump has done so well. We have existing immigration laws on the books that are not being followed, and the problem continues to get worse. The Comey decision regarding Hillary is another prime example of a rigged system where the laws are not being followed. I think there can be arguments made on both sides, but "law and order" is one of the major themes of the Trump campaign, just as "stronger together" seems to be the theme for Hillary.

I wish this guy caught more flack for this idiotic crap.

walshobama.jpg

I think the actual closeness of ties and Manchurian-candidate suggestions are a little exaggerated. They're the things that capture the most attention, but as such things go, attention dwarfs actual significance.

Where I think this matters most is Trump's overt, consistent praise for people like Putin, Saddam, and Kim Jong-un -- it reveals what he considers to be models of governance. And this is the man running for the highest political office in our land.

The American system isn't merely held up by laws. It's held up by the acceptance of those laws, and the prevalence of strong norms in service of our laws and institutions. It's alarming to me the degree to which these norms seem to no longer actually exist, at least in the eyes of many voters.

^ and speaking of norms, assassination should *never* be regarded as an option. Not if Caligula himself took the Oval Office. (Not to say that I think you're serious, cm -- I know you aren't.)

Is it really that far outside of the mainstream to envision a scenario whereby it's within Trump's own personal financial best interests to govern in a way that is favorable to Russia?

I'd like to think it is. But the more I think about it, the less I doubt it.

Let's examine this. Trump openly asks for a hostile foreign nation to engage in cyber warfare on a political candidate because it's politically expedient for him. Then, there's blowback, and suddenly he's being sarcastic.

He says he has zero Russian investments. There's mountains upon mountains of evidence that he's straight up lying.

And of course, his tax returns could put this discussion to rest, but he continues to lie about not being able to release them and keep them under wraps.

Let's wait and see the evidence come out. I agree it's incredibly disturbing that we've got him praising dictators and calling for hostile cyber attacks on those who oppose him.

I've caught lots of flack for defending Clinton over her various missteps and explain why I could still support her. So when I see some seriously shady stuff like this transpiring by a man I greatly despise on the other side, I'm going to call that out as well. Some of this is Trump trying to generate headlines. But as to his other motives, I cannot tell if he is truly just a clueless oaf that is this irresponsible, or someone that is operating from more covert, sinister motives.

• Fire 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG0K_9RDeFE

Watch the whole thing. I get chills and I was damn near moved to tears. This is one of the most powerful moments I've ever witnessed.

It is true that Trump hasn't sacrificed anything. But neither have the Clinton's, did you forget that Bill dodged the draft? That puts the Clinton's is a worse light than a spoiled millionaire. Of course you will never hear that from the mainstream media.

http://deadpresidents.tumblr.com/post/3694647682/how-did-clinton-dodge-the-draft