Maliek Collins

Would be great if he succeeds in Dallas.

I agree...I'm a Cowboys fan here so it's always nice to see players from your favorite college team go to your favorite NFL team. I think the Cowboys got a steal with him in round 3 as I think he underachieved a bit this past year.

I'm a Cowboys fan too.

I'm listening to 1310 the ticket in Dallas right now to hear their view. They don't have much knowledge of Maliek, but he could succeed as a 3-technique DT for the Cowboys. Dallas needs more bodies on the d-line and Collins could get a good number of snaps in the interior line rotation.

Would be great if he succeeds in Dallas.

I agree...I'm a Cowboys fan here so it's always nice to see players from your favorite college team go to your favorite NFL team. I think the Cowboys got a steal with him in round 3 as I think he underachieved a bit this past year.

I'm a Cowboys fan too.

I'm listening to 1310 the ticket in Dallas right now to hear their view. They don't have much knowledge of Maliek, but he could succeed as a 3-technique DT for the Cowboys. Dallas needs more bodies on the d-line and Collins could get a good number of snaps in the interior line rotation.

Cowboy fan as well. Dallas has actually made some good picks thus far. Of course, having two Huskers now doesn't hurt. I expect Collins to play thus season.

Anyone think Jerry took Collins specifically to babysit Randy?

Considering Randy was smoking pot all through his NU days, you could say that Collins didn't babysit Randy very well in college.

I do think that Collins making Randy more "comfortable" in Dallas was a consideration. Randy has said that he turns to smoking pot when he gets depressed, so anything that could help Randy with that depression could work for him.

I honestly think Stephen Jones is calling the shots now, and that is a good thing. In the past Jerry only wanted to draft SEC players, and so far this year the Cowboys have picked 2 Big Ten guys out of their 3 picks. I look for them to take Connor Cook too.

I honestly think Stephen Jones is calling the shots now, and that is a good thing. In the past Jerry only wanted to draft SEC players, and so far this year the Cowboys have picked 2 Big Ten guys out of their 3 picks. I look for them to take Connor Cook too.

The talking heads, last season IIRC, talked about this. Said it was a good thing for the boys. I agree. Cook would be a good get for them.

• Mavric changed the title to Maliek Collins