Direction of the Program

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think most would say that what Bo did in the beginning was amazing.

Problem is he had 3 different chapters:

First 2/3 years - took a program that needed help and turned the corner / had impressive win-loss record / was close to championships

Middle couple years - leveled off / still impressive win-loss record / some might have started to see some concerns

Last couple years - Most saw that the ceiling had been hit and the toxic fumes were starting to bubble out

I truly think that Bo didn't see eye to eye with Nebraska and somewhere around the end of year 2 he decided that this was not a long term deal - he tried to use his success to move on to the next gig and in the mean time stopped worrying about the long term growth of the program. He was close to getting that gig several times however second or third place in a hiring situation is never good enough.

Riley has no plans of a next gig and wants the final chapter to be impressive at a place on a level that he probably always dreamed about, however was too loyal to make the jump at an earlier age. He has surround himself with guys that can help him paint that picture. Some of these guys may have dreams of taking over the NU project if things go right and some are probably more interested in living that dream that was somewhere in the back of their minds while at OSU.

• Fire 1

What's going to happen to recruiting after this yr. when the "I know a guy with a kid and he has 4-5 star friends" deal is over? Is Mike going to be able to crack the top 20 in recruiting , I dare think not!

How would failing to crack the top 20 be substantially different, in any way, to the recruiting around here during the last 7-8 years?

Exactly! it is not. So other than the status quo which looks pretty good now after last yr. , are we moving in any direction?

What's going to happen to recruiting after this yr. when the "I know a guy with a kid and he has 4-5 star friends" deal is over? Is Mike going to be able to crack the top 20 in recruiting , I dare think not!

How would failing to crack the top 20 be substantially different, in any way, to the recruiting around here during the last 7-8 years?

Exactly! it is not. So other than the status quo which looks pretty good now after last yr. , are we moving in any direction?

I guess you will just have to wait and see. If the 2017 class ends up top 20 which it has a good chance to do you will just have to wait till 2018 to see if it is top 20.

I guess you will just have to wait and see. If the 2017 class ends up top 20 which it has a good chance to do you will just have to wait till 2018 to see if it is top 20.

If that happens, I will give him some cred.

This whole direction thread reminds me of a plane trip I took to Minneapolis. I asked the Flight Attendant, "Excuse me, but I thought the heading to Minneapolis was about 30 degrees. Are you sure we are headed in the right direction?" She responded, "Yes, I believe we are. You see, if we take a heading of 30 degrees on runway 32, we end up in a flaming heap in the Duncan aviation building. Perhaps you should wait a little longer to judge whether or not we are on the right heading."

I would like a, "Too soon to tell," option.

This whole direction thread reminds me of a plane trip I took to Minneapolis. I asked the Flight Attendant, "Excuse me, but I thought the heading to Minneapolis was about 30 degrees. Are you sure we are headed in the right direction?" She responded, "Yes, I believe we are. You see, if we take a heading of 30 degrees on runway 32, we end up in a flaming heap in the Duncan aviation building. Perhaps you should wait a little longer to judge whether or not we are on the right heading."

I would like a, "Too soon to tell," option.

That one would make the most sense.

Snyder is an absolute "god" in the coaching ranks. That guy has done more with 2* recruits then darn near any coach. Most coaches that do well with 2-3* players go somewhere off that initial success and use it as a springboard. Not true with Snyder. The guy reloads with 2-3* athletes and continues to build winners on and off the field.

I won't touch the debate as it relates to MR. All I know is Snyder is my guy regardless of who surrounds you.

Snyder and Osborne are legends and it just goes to show how hard it is to win in a low pop. state. It literally takes a legend. As soon as Snyder is gone KSU won't be as bad as they were before Snyder was there (the first time) but they'll be Big 12 bottom dwellers once again.