Murtha living in car

Sounds like a DRUG problem to me - They get a money allowance if they live off campus.  Get rid of him, He's a BUST anyway.

Wow.

The guy's a bust because he has injury problem. Yea, throw em to the wolves!@!!!1

Gimme a break.

Oh yea and everyone who lives in their car has drug problems. That's the only possibility.

I've spent the night in a car. Big deal.

Murtha is NOT living in his car. Trust me, I'm not going to prove it to anyone and give an address or anything, because this is a message board and it's not worth it. But trust me he is NOT living in his car or anything like that. Oh, and he doesn't have a drug problem.

As for the person who said he is a bust. I absolutely HATE when people say crap like this and don't back it up with ANY fact or even opinion. Saying derrr.."he's always hurt" is not only weak, but a rediculous reason as to why someone would be a "bust" He is a back up tackle as a sophomore, there is a good chance that by the time the season rolls around he will be starting. If you would like to explain yourself and give some actually fact to your statement, please do so, but that sounded a lot like a Benard post.

He came in as the #1 lineman from Minnesota - He's been hurt since he got here, He's not starting yet. Clear enough for you - You guys and your Please explain yourself - I can't believe how you people put a personal stake in these players and get all offended - these kid's are here for 4 or 5 years then you shitcan them - and get new ones - Everyone should quit being a little BITCH.

All we are saying is take a deep breath, relax and not pre-judge the situation. You don't know Mr. Murtha and have no idea what his situation is. And he is a human being who you don't just throw away. Anyway, no one has flamed you or insulted you. Take it easy man.

Murtha is NOT living in his car.  Trust me, I'm not going to prove it to anyone and give an address or anything, because this is a message board and it's not worth it.  But trust me he is NOT living in his car or anything like that.  Oh, and he doesn't have a drug problem.

As for the person who said he is a bust.  I absolutely HATE when people say crap like this and don't back it up with ANY fact or even opinion.  Saying derrr.."he's always hurt" is not only weak, but a rediculous reason as to why someone would be a "bust"  He is a back up tackle as a sophomore, there is a good chance that by the time the season rolls around he will be starting.  If you would like to explain yourself and give some actually fact to your statement, please do so, but that sounded a lot like a Benard post.

He came in as the #1 lineman from Minnesota - He's been hurt since he got here, He's not starting yet. Clear enough for you - You guys and your Please explain yourself - I can't believe how you people put a personal stake in these players and get all offended - these kid's are here for 4 or 5 years then you shitcan them - and get new ones - Everyone should quit being a little BITCH.

Rated #1 by who? Some recruiting analyst that sits and watches tapes all day and sells subs?

Some of these kids were so hyped, flippin Superman would have trouble living up to expectations.

Murtha is NOT living in his car.  Trust me, I'm not going to prove it to anyone and give an address or anything, because this is a message board and it's not worth it.  But trust me he is NOT living in his car or anything like that.  Oh, and he doesn't have a drug problem.

As for the person who said he is a bust.  I absolutely HATE when people say crap like this and don't back it up with ANY fact or even opinion.  Saying derrr.."he's always hurt" is not only weak, but a rediculous reason as to why someone would be a "bust"  He is a back up tackle as a sophomore, there is a good chance that by the time the season rolls around he will be starting.  If you would like to explain yourself and give some actually fact to your statement, please do so, but that sounded a lot like a Benard post.

been spending too much time at allbuffs.com i think eh chad..

K, take it however you want it, but Murtha lived in his car for the past week. He now has an apartment, and was kind of blindsided by a bad situation... Like i said before, he had his mom move in after getting out of jail. Other Husker football player who shall remain ******* didnt want to live with Lydon's mom. Lydon signed him off the lease. Allowance is nice, doesnt cover cost of two bedroom apartment. Mom went back to Minnesota, Lydon gets evicted. Lives in car for week, moves in with girl.... That is the truth taken from a very credible source, and that source is the football player that Lydon used to live with. He is certainly not a bust after two years in the program. As a matter of fact, there were only a hand full of guys who even played in their first two years in the last 40 years of Nebraska football. Your post was rude and lacked any semblance of logic or sense chad...

OK, let me get this straight. Since he was rated highly by recruiting services coming out of high school and he has been hurt he is obviously a bust and never going to contribute? Give me a break, you are a sad person and I can tell by you calling everyone little "bitches" you are probably not even a Husker fan.

Here is why he is not a "bust" (at least at this point in his career) He came in highly regarded, yes, however, so have many players to many colleges and that doesn't automatically guarentee that they are going to be 4 year starters, and to think they should be is just plain stupid. Offensive line in one of the hardest position to come in as a freshman and not only adjust to the college game, but to come in and start. Murtha, if you watched any of the games last year, did start I believe three games. Yes, he struggled at times, but no more than did our senior tackles that had been playing for 4-5 years - and this was only Murtha's SECOND year playing college football (FIRST actually playing). Now, with THREE FRICKIN YEARS of eligibility left, he is a bust, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You are probably the same kind of person that says Beck and Lucky are both busts because they either aren't starting or putting up huge numbers.

As someone said before, Carriker didn't have a huge year till last season, because of injuries. I'm not sure how people can justify blaming injuries on the individual, I don't think they are trying to get hurt. Murtha has three years left to play, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he doesn't become an all-big 12 tackle in two of those or even an all-american. Uninformed opinions about a damn sophomore are stupid and uninformed.

I was always under the impression that its next to impossible for a freshman (true or redshirt) to find significant playing time on the O-line. It's not as easy to learn as most people think (I played there in HS) and given the myriad of protection schemes in BCs WCO I would imagine its even more difficult. Footwork, hand placement, and overall technique is something most O-lineman don't learn til college b/c they're able to just muscle most players around in HS. Couple that with the physical demands of playing in the Big XII and you've got a HUGE jump for a kid to make from HS to DI football, regardless of how talented/touted he is said to be by the recruiting gurus.

And assuming someone has a drug problem with no info to back it up other than a rumor is not something I would expect from a Husker fan.

I was always under the impression that its next to impossible for a freshman (true or redshirt) to find significant playing time on the O-line. It's not as easy to learn as most people think (I played there in HS) and given the myriad of protection schemes in BCs WCO I would imagine its even more difficult. Footwork, hand placement, and overall technique is something most O-lineman don't learn til college b/c they're able to just muscle most players around in HS. Couple that with the physical demands of playing in the Big XII and you've got a HUGE jump for a kid to make from HS to DI football, regardless of how talented/touted he is said to be by the recruiting gurus.

And assuming someone has a drug problem with no info to back it up other than a rumor is not something I would expect from a Husker fan.

Your feeling's hurt? Grow the f#*k up and get in the REAL world.

these kid's are here for 4 or 5 years then you shitcan them - and get new ones

Chad I have no problem with you but this statement is just wrong. Former players arent just tossed aside . Hell most of them weather they continue as pro football players or not are idolised to some degree.