Murtha living in car

I was always under the impression that its next to impossible for a freshman (true or redshirt) to find significant playing time on the O-line.  It's not as easy to learn as most people think (I played there in HS) and given the myriad of protection schemes in BCs WCO I would imagine its even more difficult.  Footwork, hand placement, and overall technique is something most O-lineman don't learn til college b/c they're able to just muscle most players around in HS.  Couple that with the physical demands of playing in the Big XII and you've got a HUGE jump for a kid to make from HS to DI football, regardless of how talented/touted he is said to be by the recruiting gurus.

And assuming someone has a drug problem with no info to back it up other than a rumor is not something I would expect from a Husker fan.

Your feeling's hurt? Grow the f#*k up and get in the REAL world.

I guess i don't really know what that's supposed to mean, but whatever dude.

This is a damn shame. This just shows the true arrogance that some people in this world have. If you call yourself a Husker fan why in the hell would you just assume he has a drug problem? It make NO sense.

Huskertag is exactly correct. I played O-line in high school and in college. While in HS you can just outmuscle most of the guys you are going against. When it comes to college, there is a lot more to the game. Just b/c he was highly regarded coming out of MN....which by the he didn't play in the big schools section, he didn't have to use great form to dominate a game. Learning a completely new offense/blocking scheme that is not typically run up here in MN was probably a little tough as well.

Your feeling's hurt? Grow the f#*k up and get in the REAL world.

Definition of a Troll:

1. Makes statements he can't back up or even explain.

2. Most posts don't consist of more than a sentence or two.

3. Makes personal attacks on people for no apparent reason.

I truly hope you are a fan of another team, as I assume you are. It's sad that you spend time on other teams sites spewing crap like this. As for me, I will just ignore you from now on and hopefully you will leave, on your own or be banned.

No kidding. Lydon is a nice guy, and i hope the best for him. We don't have a right to discuss possibilities of drug problems. I had a class with him, and i know he had a tough growing up. I am sure he would love our support and positive words rather than speculating who's sources are more credible. There is a point where news needs to be public, and i am not sure this is worthy yet. The coaches and teammates, along with his many friends on campus will help him as much as they can. Lets stop with the personal attacks, and speculations (or credible info) and get on the same team.

Hopefully Lydon gets everything worked out and figured out. He should play a decent role this year.

What am I too LOW CLASS to be a NEBRASKA FAN? :lol: I just don't get all sentimental about the players. Sorry to dissapoint you but I am a NEBRASKA FAN - I come back to NEBRASKA once a year for a game and usually go to an away game also, and occasionally a bowl game. I guess I don't have the CLASS you have. That's such a joke how fans throw that term out there all the time. You'll see some LOW CLASS this year at the usc game. Just don't get lost in the ghetto if you come to the game - They love lost tourists. :lol:

Hopefully Lydon gets everything worked out and figured out. He should play a decent role this year.

What am I too LOW CLASS to be a NEBRASKA FAN? :lol: I just don't get all sentimental about the players. Sorry to dissapoint you but I am a NEBRASKA FAN - I come back to NEBRASKA once a year for a game and usually go to an away game also, and occasionally a bowl game. I guess I don't have the CLASS you have. That's such a joke how fans throw that term out there all the time. You'll see some LOW CLASS this year at the usc game. Just don't get lost in the ghetto if you come to the game - They love lost tourists. :lol:

nobody even said you were "too low class" so why are you spewing so much venom? this is not what this board is for. This board is for open discussion, debate and constructive criticism (anyone can add to that list) so when you quote someone make sure you know what your talking about and what actually makes sense. Don't try to tear someone down for your own appeasment. oh and i don't think anyone one is going to get lost in the "ghetto" we are SMART enough to use a map. :steam

I suggest a delete here by the mods.

I really don't believe this to begin with, but for us to discuss it, ESPECIALLY in the manner of assumptions that are being made with zero facts, is just wrong.

I personally hate these 'I have a source' threads because of this very reason. Normally, it's worth as much as the brown stuff in your toilet.