OWH: Outgoing UNL Chancellor Harvey Perlman leaves with unmet goal: Huskers’ return to top

Martinez was a good QB. Armstrong is a good QB. Bush has talent, but we'll never really know how good he could have been.

I ignored the rest of your ignorant rant.

Martinez was garb, and Armstrong turns the ball over like Bo truns over Burgers at mcdonalds... not that there is anything wrong with that....

This will be the only warning you get on this. Don't call our players garbage.

I agree with you Saunders but in the same breath, you are allowing posters to make up names for administration officials. What's bad for one should be bad for the others.

• Fire 3

Actually, it was Prickman who brought this thread here with his ridiculous excuses and whining about his well deserved trashed legacy when it comes to what matters most about UNL: football.

He needs to STFU and go away. His ego has done enough damage to NU football to last many lifetimes.

I will give Prickman his parting shot: he certainly is one rung above on the ladder over Graham Spannier.

Maybe you should pay more attention to academics also...Might do you some good.

Yeah, we're on a forum discussing Husker FOOTBALL, and I should pay more attention to academics?

Hilarious!

No wonder some of you support the mediocrity that NU Football has sunk to. You can't see the forest for the trees!

• Fire 2

So, we excuse his foul ups and meddling because he can cherry pick some stats indicating the academies have improved (and assume that was due to him)?

Point is, he consistently inserted himself into a space he didn't understand and participated in some truly awful decisions.

And now he can't seem to stop talking about it.

Show me absolute proof.
Absolute proof of what? His involvement in those awful decisions?

Show me absolute proof that he meddled in football.

This can't be a serious request.

Did you read the article that was attached to this thread?

Did you recall his comments about the program "looking tired" under Solich? Because that's how far back his idiocy reaches.

And he can't stop bringing it up.

• Fire 3

Actually, it was Prickman who brought this thread here with his ridiculous excuses and whining about his well deserved trashed legacy when it comes to what matters most about UNL: football.

He needs to STFU and go away. His ego has done enough damage to NU football to last many lifetimes.

I will give Prickman his parting shot: he certainly is one rung above on the ladder over Graham Spannier.

Is this the general notion? That a university president's most important function is fielding a football team? I don't think any other university president out there will base their legacy upon the successes and failures of a f'ing football team.

Why don't you go over to the forum specifically dedicated to UNL academics, and make this point? It might serve you and Prickman better.

• Fire 1

So, we excuse his foul ups and meddling because he can cherry pick some stats indicating the academies have improved (and assume that was due to him)?

Point is, he consistently inserted himself into a space he didn't understand and participated in some truly awful decisions.

And now he can't seem to stop talking about it.

Show me absolute proof.
Absolute proof of what? His involvement in those awful decisions?

Show me absolute proof that he meddled in football.

This can't be a serious request.

Did you read the article that was attached to this thread?

Did you recall his comments about the program "looking tired" under Solich? Because that's how far back his idiocy reaches.

And he can't stop bringing it up.

So he gives his blessing to the AD to let Solich go and that is meddling?

So, he's blameless in your mind?

The extension of SP, despite the flashing warning signs going off, wasn't his doing?

And then, of course, he refused to involve TO in the search for a new AD.

The guy is the one constant during 15 years of upheaval. He's far from blameless.

• Fire 4

Is this the general notion? That a university president's most important function is fielding a football team? I don't think any other university president out there will base their legacy upon the successes and failures of a f'ing football team.

I guess I have to be that guy that keeps bringing this up, since we have guys that seem to keep ignoring it: Nebraska is the only university to ever lose their AAU accreditation by a vote...and it happened on Perlman's watch. I know people can give me a million reasons why it happened, how it wasn't fair, etc., etc., but in the end Perlman didn't keep it from happening.

The ball was already rolling on our AAU status before Perlman took over. If anything, he helped us stay in it longer then we should have.

I guess I have to be that guy that keeps bringing this up, since we have guys that seem to keep ignoring it: Nebraska is the only university to ever lose their AAU accreditation by a vote...and it happened on Perlman's watch. I know people can give me a million reasons why it happened, how it wasn't fair, etc., etc., but in the end Perlman didn't keep it from happening.

In what way has losing AAU accreditation hurt UNL?

So, he's blameless in your mind?

The extension of SP, despite the flashing warning signs going off, wasn't his doing?

And then, of course, he refused to involve TO in the search for a new AD.

The guy is the one constant during 15 years of upheaval. He's far from blameless.

Extending SP didn't do anymore damage than what was already done. The downfall was happening before then and it wasn't going to stop with the refusal of an extension.

TO helped in the search for the last AD. Look how that turned out.

Osbornes hand is as much a constant as Perlman's.

• Fire 1

$5m in extensions didn't hurt the program at all?

That was just one example, though, of his failed leadership.

TO didn't assist in finding the previous AD. That's ridiculous piece of misinformation. Did the last employer you had that provided a recommendation upon request assist in your job search?

Osborne didn't advocate firing Solich, didn't approve the hiring of Callahan, didn't advocate firing Bo or interview and approve the hiring of Riley.

• Fire 1

In what way has losing AAU accreditation hurt UNL?

Yeah, I don't get the anguish over this. I'm not a big HP fan, and losing the AAU accreditation was embarrassing, frustrating and disappointing, but other than that, how has it really hurt UNL, save for a little more embarrassment when a media outlet brings it up again?

They "Prickman" and "Ickyhorst" things are dumb. Please stop.

• Fire 2

It's f'ing laughable how some of you think he is to blame for Husker football.

You don't see a direct link there.. and how that hire/fire can affect football? Don't forget whoever the AD hires/fires is also a direct link to the Chancellor.

Really, you can't see the chain of command and how that link can affect things from top down?

Martinez was a good QB. Armstrong is a good QB. Bush has talent, but we'll never really know how good he could have been.

I ignored the rest of your ignorant rant.

Martinez was garb, and Armstrong turns the ball over like Bo truns over Burgers at mcdonalds... not that there is anything wrong with that....

This will be the only warning you get on this. Don't call our players garbage.

I agree with you Saunders but in the same breath, you are allowing posters to make up names for administration officials. What's bad for one should be bad for the others.

As of now, my understanding is that we only really have a standing rule against trashing players like that. I agree that the stupid names need to go, but it's gonna get some people mad who do the same for current and past coaches too. Either way, it's all childish, and IMO, needs to stop. I'll bring it up with the mod team.

• Fire 2