Top 5 All-Time B1G Defensive Tackles

2. Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska, 2005-2009: It's hard not to get heavy on numbers when discussing Suh because they're just so mind-boggling: He led Nebraska in tackles for two straight seasons -- 76 stops in 2008 and 85 in 2009 -- and finished his career with 57 tackles-for-loss and six blocked kicks. As a senior, he even added a dozen sacks and more than two dozen QB hurries. "He's a freak," then-defensive coordinator Carl Pelini said. "I've never seen anyone do anything like that before." Outside of the Heisman, for which he was a finalist, he won just about every national award along the way: AP College Player of the Year, Lombardi, Nagurski, Outland, Bednarik and Bill Willis. He was unstoppable.

3. Rich Glover, Nebraska, 1970-1972: The Huskers certainly didn't wait long to retire his jersey. Glover played his final college game on Jan. 1, 1973 -- and his number was retired later that year. It's not hard to see why. He helped lead Nebraska to back-to-back national championships in 1970 and 1971, and he was a two-time All-American in 1971 and 1972. He even finished third in the 1972 Heisman voting, after racking up 100 tackles. In what was dubbed the "Game of the Century," the 1971 matchup between Nebraska and Oklahoma, he even had 22 stops despite lining up against an All-American center. (Nebraska won, 35-31). Said then-head coach Bob Devaney: "Rich Glover was the greatest defensive player I ever saw."

Honorable mentions: ... Wayne Meylan, Nebraska

ESPN

Well, I guess if you're going to lose out to someone, Bronko Nagurski would be acceptable.

SUH vs Glover - is an amazing contrasts in time periods. SUH - huge, powerful playing among even bigger players across from him. Glover, in today's world would be a middle linebacker. But they both dominated.

That is why it is do difficult to compare teams from different eras. Size, speed, agility etc have all changed over the decades. Although, I'd still think the 95 team as they were, could still beat any team today.

SUH vs Glover - is an amazing contrasts in time periods. SUH - huge, powerful playing among even bigger players across from him. Glover, in today's world would be a middle linebacker. But they both dominated.

That is why it is do difficult to compare teams from different eras. Size, speed, agility etc have all changed over the decades. Although, I'd still think the 95 team as they were, could still beat any team today.

If I recall correctly, I believe Glover played at around 230 lbs or so. As a defensive tackle, he would be an undersized linebacker today. LOL But he was basically unblockable and incredibly quick. He could run down the best RBs in the country (e.g. Johnny Musso - Bama's heisman RB in the bowl who claimed before the big game that Glover wouldn't touch him during the game, much less tackle him - Glover then proceeded to solo tackle him for a big loss right off the bat ). Classic.

Suh was incredibly strong and intimidated (ie terrified! - lol) most intelligent offensive linemen. Danny Noonan was another great one. Hard to really say any better than those two but several others in the same category.