Let's Talk about NSFW Content in the Football Forum

Are you kidding me?

You removed my balloon image of a "covered female butt" because it was offensive to someone?

When is the new bathroom going to be built?

By the way, I love the fact that you put "covered female butt" in quotes. I read that to acknowledge the absence of "covering" in the image.

Hehe, it was covered!

Knapp said it was photo shopped but I did not know that. It's all good, was not my intent to derail the importance of the husker fans releasing their balloons. (Frivolous lawsuits wasting our tax payer money however pisses me off). Cheers!

^ likewise - and I'm guessing that you're evidence to the contrary is supported by an experience in a taxpayer funded job

Likewise? The problem is, your anecdotal evidence doesn't matter because you can look at those images all day, just somewhere else.The anecdotal evidence that matters here is the 1 person who gets in trouble or worse for accidentally having an inappropriate photo wind up on their monitor while the wrong person is walking by.

I sometimes use my work computer while on lunch break. Never for Huskerboard because we have security requirements that prevent it, but I'm sure lots of people have jobs here that don't mind it being used for that during a break.

• Fire 1

^ likewise - and I'm guessing that you're evidence to the contrary is supported by an experience in a taxpayer funded job

Likewise? The problem is, your anecdotal evidence doesn't matter because you can look at those images all day, just somewhere else.The anecdotal evidence that matters here is the 1 person who gets in trouble or worse for accidentally having an inappropriate photo wind up on their monitor while the wrong person is walking by.

I sometimes use my work computer while on lunch break. Never for Huskerboard because we have security requirements that prevent it, but I'm sure lots of people have jobs here that don't mind it being used for that during a break.

you say my "anecdotal" evidence of working for multiple companies that have rules prohibiting the use of social media and forums like Huskerboard doesn't matter...by stating your company also has security requirements preventing it... -- where you going with this one?

and I agree, lots of people probably do have jobs where they don't mind if their employees sit on forums all day. they're called government/state employees (and whoever employs cm husker - probably city gov.). :)

This thread is about what i expected it to be.

My guess- 13 pages, 4 banning's, 15 warnings and enough NSFW content to get me fired.

CARRY ON!

...argue over a trivial little pic and get banned - crap on every thread for months racking up +1's along the way...no problem. pretty much sums this place up for the last year or so.

Really simple -- for a site with NSFW content on every page, look elsewhere. We'll try to catch and move/remove that stuff here.

Sorry if that ruins your day. The 'webs are vast. You won't be left wanting.

i don't have any issue w/ you removing the pic at all. i just made a comment that the pic is probably the least of the person's worries if caught on huskerboard at work where most companies ban the usage of sites such as HB....then proceeded to basically get called a liar as if the vast majority of companies don't prohibit this sort of use. follow that up with the typical "i am a MOD" or in this case "i was a MOD and I know more than you" response which is all to common, though honestly much more limited in the last 4-6 months (not by coincidence).

anyways...carry on.

• Fire 1

Oh, I didn't mean to wade into the discussion about what company policies are. This is just our policy regarding that content and its visibility here.

To clarify, I don't think posting something like that will get someone in serious trouble here either -- only if they continue to, I guess. Mostly it should only go as far as "Hey, don't post that - thanks!" (or "Post in Daily Skin/Woodshed", if applicable).

How exactly have you been trolled on this? This ought to be good.

The amount of tears shed over the years over something "I don't have an issue with" is amazing.

giphy.gif

you're continued trolling of crying kchusker on the subject...equally amazing. can you use your little mod hands and pass me a tissue...

• Fire 1

How exactly have you been trolled on this? This ought to be good.

You jump at any chance to call me out in regards to this subject. You were quick to do so in this case, you've always been the first to do so in prior cases, as is evident by your prior comment that I've been "crying" for years about this. It's obviously one of the many sticks up your ass...and since you were a mod prior, if you need dates of a couple of other occasions I don't have to look any further than the 2 warnings to my name for examples of when you've formed a problem with me over it.

(actually I think one of those warning was Wifi related...wonder what happened to that guy - oh hey, it's cm husker)

• Fire 1