Bo Pelini to Baylor

It's perfect really, think about it:

Bo comes into Baylor with limited expectations. Briles is leaving him a stockpile of talent that he can utilize like he did with Callahan's players. When that well begins drying up, they can use the "NCAA Punishments" excuse for any losses and blowouts.

And besides, he was WAY better at coaching against Big 12 teams than he was ever going to be against Big Ten teams.

It's a bit laughable that people still think the bolded is true. Bo inherited like 3 top 3 round draft picks from Callahan. Callahan was anything but a great recruiter. He was below average by Nebraska standards, ranking far behind Frank and behind Bo when you look at it objectively.

Anyway, it might actually be a good fit. Bo runs a tight ship, knows the defense to win that conference and knows how to recruit in the south.

Is Baylor going to face NCAA punishment? I would think not.

p.s., this is a perfect example of who and what really trolls this board.

Pelini's most successful teams were predominantly made up of players he didn't recruit. He may have maintained the same win level each season, but '09 and '10 were "objectively," and without question, his best teams.

So, stop accusing people of having some kind of agenda when it comes to Bo while self-proclaiming objectivity.

Is sagrin objective? It agrees that '09 was his best at 14th. The rest of his seasons were grouped between 20 and 30.

2010 came in at 27th, for example. That would have been about 5th or 6th among his 7 seasons. If he hadn't been fired in '14 and NU beats USC, that team could have ended in the top 20 (good for his second best season).

Point is, he didn't inherit some sort of amazing roster. He inherited a good roster that had a lot of holes and imbalance due to reliance on JUCO recruiting. Some of that he made up for with his own recruiting, like Lavonte David.

While I can sympathize with you that the narratives surrounding certain aspects of Pelini's tenure have become skewed, your own perspective on the matter is not objective, which was my point.

This thread, like many that have come before it, does not need to turn into a cm 'let me tell you why you're wrong about the statement you just made about Pelini' thread. Let me save us all some trouble by amending Redux's statement so that his point can be inclusive to the conversation and not a tangent starter.

*clears throat*

"Pelini took over some pretty good talent at Nebraska which helped lead to some immediate success and the best team during his tenure in 2009. Perhaps Pelini could do the same thing at Baylor and have some immediate success early."

• Fire 4

Bo comes into Baylor with limited expectations. Briles is leaving him a stockpile of talent that he can utilize like he did with Callahan's players. When that well begins drying up, they can use the "NCAA Punishments" excuse for any losses and blowouts.

And besides, he was WAY better at coaching against Big 12 teams than he was ever going to be against Big Ten teams.

It's a bit laughable that people still think the bolded is true. Bo inherited like 3 top 3 round draft picks from Callahan. Callahan was anything but a great recruiter. He was below average by Nebraska standards, ranking far behind Frank and behind Bo when you look at it objectively.

Anyway, it might actually be a good fit. Bo runs a tight ship, knows the defense to win that conference and knows how to recruit in the south.

Pelini's most successful teams were predominantly made up of players he didn't recruit. He may have maintained the same win level each season, but '09 and '10 were "objectively," and without question, his best teams.

So, stop accusing people of having some kind of agenda when it comes to Bo while self-proclaiming objectivity.

Is sagrin objective? It agrees that '09 was his best at 14th. The rest of his seasons were grouped between 20 and 30.

2010 came in at 27th, for example. That would have been about 5th or 6th among his 7 seasons. If he hadn't been fired in '14 and NU beats USC, that team could have ended in the top 20 (good for his second best season).

Point is, he didn't inherit some sort of amazing roster. He inherited a good roster that had a lot of holes and imbalance due to reliance on JUCO recruiting. Some of that he made up for with his own recruiting, like Lavonte David.

While I can sympathize with you that the narratives surrounding certain aspects of Pelini's tenure have become skewed, your own perspective on the matter is not objective, which was my point.

This thread, like many that have come before it, does not need to turn into a cm 'let me tell you why you're wrong about the statement you just made about Pelini' thread. Let me save us all some trouble by amending Redux's statement so that his point can be inclusive to the conversation and not a tangent starter.

*clears throat*

"Pelini took over some pretty good talent at Nebraska which helped lead to some immediate success and the best team during his tenure in 2009. Perhaps Pelini could do the same thing at Baylor and have some immediate success early."

You're amending a trollish post in a thread that was intended to troll, Enhance.

Anyway, my critique of the narrative isn't so much about Pelini as it is about the falsehood that Callahan was a special recruiter.

*clears throat*

You're amending a trollish post in a thread that was intended to troll, Enhance.

Anyway, my critique of the narrative isn't so much about Pelini as it is about the falsehood that Callahan was a special recruiter.

No, he pretty much nailed it.

*clears throat*

No, I'm altering a post to prevent you from latching onto it like a bee does honey.

And it's all inclusive. The thread is about Pelini and by its nature is almost assuredly to poke fun at him in some manner.

*clears throat*

No, I'm altering a post to prevent you from latching onto it like a bee does honey.

And it's all inclusive. The thread is about Pelini and by its nature is almost assuredly to poke fun at him in some manner.

I wasn't even trying to poke fun at Bo. I honest to god hope he gets an FBS job soon to right the many wrongs his tenure here ended on.

I'm not going to debate whether or not Callahan was a great recruiter based off where the players ended up drafted, hardly a measuring stick for collegiate success anyway. The fact of the matter is that Bo's 2 best teams were 2009 and 2010 with 2009 being comprised of a majority of Callahans recruits seeing their full potential.

The original point was exactly what Enhance alluded to, Bo could go to a Baylor with a good chunk o' talent and have immediate success like he did here. If he did that, hopefully he would learn from his past mistakes and capitalize on that momentum which he failed to do here.

I f'ing love it. Now draft picks aren't a real measuring stick. Amazing. I mean, I agree. But that's a big time change up to the usual assessment here.

Yeah, you're right. Collegiate coaches ultimate coaching legacies are determined by the number of high draft picks they had, not their trophy case and W/L record.

I f'ing love it. Now draft picks aren't a real measuring stick. Amazing. I mean, I agree. But that's a big time change up to the usual assessment here.

Yeah, you're right. Collegiate coaches ultimate coaching legacies are determined by the number of high draft picks they had, not their trophy case and W/L record.

We were talking about recruiting.

And look at Saban's recruiting page and tell me that high draft picks don't matter.

Cm, what level of success from this coaching staff would get you to finally move on to the Youngstown State message board?

I'm guessing cm will hold out for something better than 6-7. But hey, one guy's below .500 record might be another guy's "level of success", albeit not a high level...maybe "garden level"...

Better yet, How about we pick this whole debate back up on the other side of Mike Riley's first 10 win season? Because nine win seasons used to elicit a lot of grumbling in the pre-Riley era.