Bo Pelini to Baylor

I am surprised/not surprised the records are so similar. I guess it's the eye test for me, he seemed to be more comfortable in the Big 12.

I'd venture to guess the teams we lost to in the Big 12 were ranked quite a bit higher than the ones we lost to in the B1G. Wisconsin was what 7-5 in the title game and absolutely took us to the shed. Unless I'm forgetting, I don't remember any beatdowns like that in the Big 12.

It's perfect really, think about it:

Bo comes into Baylor with limited expectations. Briles is leaving him a stockpile of talent that he can utilize like he did with Callahan's players. When that well begins drying up, they can use the "NCAA Punishments" excuse for any losses and blowouts.

And besides, he was WAY better at coaching against Big 12 teams than he was ever going to be against Big Ten teams.

Bo Pelini had a 17-7 conference record vs the Big 12 in 3 seasons

He had a 17-7 conference record vs the Big Ten in the first 3 seasons. Went 5-3 the 4th season.

So he was no better or worse.

Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Wisconsin disagree.

Texas Tech, Texas Tech, Texas, Oklahoma and Oklahoma agree, though

I'm talking blowouts, you're talking brain farts.

Bo comes into Baylor with limited expectations. Briles is leaving him a stockpile of talent that he can utilize like he did with Callahan's players. When that well begins drying up, they can use the "NCAA Punishments" excuse for any losses and blowouts.

And besides, he was WAY better at coaching against Big 12 teams than he was ever going to be against Big Ten teams.

He had a 17-7 conference record vs the Big Ten in the first 3 seasons. Went 5-3 the 4th season.

so you're saying there weren't any brain farts that contributed to Wisconsin racking up 1120 rushing yards in the 2 games combined (539 & 581)

so you're saying there weren't any brain farts that contributed to Wisconsin racking up 1120 rushing yards in the 2 games combined (539 & 581)

You're clearly just nitpicking, this wasn't intended to be a recollection of Bo's many blunders.

You're clearly just nitpicking, this wasn't intended to be a recollection of Bo's many blunders.
I'm just playing Devils advocate on this, bro. On most topics I agree with you.

I'm just playing Devils advocate on this, bro. On most topics I agree with you.

I would say there were multiple brain farts during every blowout under his watch.

I guess I just never saw the Big 12 losses as anywhere close to as embarassing as the Big Ten losses. Yeah the 2 in '08 were bad, but we expected to suck that year.

It's a bit laughable that people still think the bolded is true. Bo inherited like 3 top 3 round draft picks from Callahan. Callahan was anything but a great recruiter. He was below average by Nebraska standards, ranking far behind Frank and behind Bo when you look at it objectively.

Anyway, it might actually be a good fit. Bo runs a tight ship, knows the defense to win that conference and knows how to recruit in the south.

Is Baylor going to face NCAA punishment? I would think not.

p.s., this is a perfect example of who and what really trolls this board.

Cm, what level of success from this coaching staff would get you to finally move on to the Youngstown State message board? Assuming you don't already post there, of course.

Huh?
Sorry, I normally don't read any of your posts because you irritate me so much. I should just go back to keeping you on block so I don't post anything inflammatory. My bad. Keep being "objective"
  • Fire 4

It's a bit laughable that people still think the bolded is true. Bo inherited like 3 top 3 round draft picks from Callahan. Callahan was anything but a great recruiter. He was below average by Nebraska standards, ranking far behind Frank and behind Bo when you look at it objectively.

Anyway, it might actually be a good fit. Bo runs a tight ship, knows the defense to win that conference and knows how to recruit in the south.

Pelini's most successful teams were predominantly made up of players he didn't recruit. He may have maintained the same win level each season, but '09 and '10 were "objectively," and without question, his best teams.

So, stop accusing people of having some kind of agenda when it comes to Bo while self-proclaiming objectivity.

• Fire 4

Pelini's most successful teams were predominantly made up of players he didn't recruit. He may have maintained the same win level each season, but '09 and '10 were "objectively," and without question, his best teams.

So, stop accusing people of having some kind of agenda when it comes to Bo while self-proclaiming objectivity.

Is sagrin objective? It agrees that '09 was his best at 14th. The rest of his seasons were grouped between 20 and 30.

2010 came in at 27th, for example. That would have been about 5th or 6th among his 7 seasons. If he hadn't been fired in '14 and NU beats USC, that team could have ended in the top 20 (good for his second best season).

Point is, he didn't inherit some sort of amazing roster. He inherited a good roster that had a lot of holes and imbalance due to reliance on JUCO recruiting. Some of that he made up for with his own recruiting, like Lavonte David.