Orlando shooter's ex-wife: He may have been gay

I don't understand some people's need to listen to everything the shooter said to 911. I also don't have a problem with the FBI not wanting to release everything that was said.

https://twitter.com/froomkin/status/744982260076716032

Why do some people believe the public needs to hear what this guy said?

Because there are conspiracy theorists out there, there is a clip on Facebook of first responders carrying the victims to Pulse. And I'm sure others will follow

I don't understand some people's need to listen to everything the shooter said to 911. I also don't have a problem with the FBI not wanting to release everything that was said.

https://twitter.com/froomkin/status/744982260076716032

Why do some people believe the public needs to hear what this guy said?

Because there are conspiracy theorists out there, there is a clip on Facebook of first responders carrying the victims to Pulse. And I'm sure others will follow

If there is intelligence on the video they are worried about that could lead to other attacks, I fully get not disclosing the details, just as I don't think we need to know all of the enhance interrogation techniques we used on the bad guys either. But, given this administrations tendency to view every issue through a political lens, the real reason they didn't want to release the full transcript is that he discusses his allegiance to ISIS and radical Islam, and it would distort the Obama's administration propaganda that this is a gun control issue.

• 4 weeks later...

The piece of excrement who shot up the Orlando nightclub and killed 50 people was a product of US religious culture.

You cannot teach a child from the time he/she is very young that being gay is wrong, an abomination, disgusting, etc and then act shocked when that child then goes out and perpetrates extreme violence against the very group of people you (meaning the larger hetero and religious society) taught him to hate.

I saw this on the web a while back and it is relevant here [paraphrasing]:You're not the shooter, but

• You taught your kids that being trans/gay is an abomination.
  • You support all anti-LBGTQ legislation.
  • You openly use slurs to describe gay/trans people.
  • You saw the news reports of over 50 gay people dead and you smiled and laughed.
  • You cite religious liberty as a way to legally dehumanize people.

No, you're not the shooter...you're just the person who filled him with all that hate, gave him the gun and ammunition, then set him loose in society.