Top Rushing Offenses of the Last 20 Years

They can do better than 180 a game this year. All backs should be better. And even though there's some young newcomers on the line, it doesn't mean they should automatically be worse in run blocking.

I just hope these backs, Oz, Newby, Wilbon, get opportunities to run outside more often. Seemed like last season most running plays were straight up the middle for 2, 3. 4 yards and a cloud of dust. While they used the jet sweep and halfback passes for stretching the field. I got tired of that by mid season. Especially considering that a majority of big runs throughout the nation (and Husker history) occur when backs go outside and have the ability to hit the edge or cut back, use burst and speed in open space. Really, really hope this gets seriously considered by HCMR and OCDL. It just has to be done.

Absolutely this.

Not only did we not run it any too often, when we did, it was mostly right into the middle of the line. We had very little creativity in our running game. Hopefully that changes.

• Fire 1

They can do better than 180 a game this year. All backs should be better. And even though there's some young newcomers on the line, it doesn't mean they should automatically be worse in run blocking.

I just hope these backs, Oz, Newby, Wilbon, get opportunities to run outside more often. Seemed like last season most running plays were straight up the middle for 2, 3. 4 yards and a cloud of dust. While they used the jet sweep and halfback passes for stretching the field. I got tired of that by mid season. Especially considering that a majority of big runs throughout the nation (and Husker history) occur when backs go outside and have the ability to hit the edge or cut back, use burst and speed in open space. Really, really hope this gets seriously considered by HCMR and OCDL. It just has to be done.

A lot of that depends on the young O-Line. The success of those outside runs are predicated on setting the edge, blocking the end and getting blocks on the second level.

They can, but won't. Anyone who thinks they are going to pound the rock like they did against UCLA is just straight insane. We always talk about how bowl performance is actually NOT a good indicator of the next year. Lets not get caught up thinking NU is some good rushing unit now.

I would set the O/U at 165 per game and I'd still be willing to bet the under for the season.

I'm just not holding my breath hoping NU is going to run the ball a bunch this season. Langs has said they attack the weakness of the defense. Most of the B10 defenses weakness isn't against the rush. They build their defenses for just that. Stopping the run. So...regardless of personnel, NU will throw the ball most of the time. Running it to sprinkle in the "keep em honest".

Until NU diversifies their run scheme, they aren't topping 200 yards per game average in a season again. That's my opinion however, not fact.