Where do you stand?

Our Staff  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As Nebraska fans we haven't really had any experience first hand with a standard transition period. From Bob to TO it was fairly seamless and eventually paid off in the long run. TO to Frank was also seamless, but the results weren't as comfortable for the fans since the game had changed quite a bit since the last coach change.

Frank to Cally was our first taste of a real transition, problem was we hired a Pro coach instead of a Collegiate Coach. Cally to Bo was where we got a taste of how a transition "should" go. In reality, we got spoiled because of a handful of guys that shined in a system better suited for the Big 12.

Now, we are experiencing a transition how much of the rest of the country experiences them. It's not smooth and it can be quite infuriating. But we can't do anything about it. We just have to hope it ends soon and the direction we have been pointed was one without a ceiling that we became accustomed to.

Did we lose many recruits in the Osborne/Solich transition? How about the Solich/Callahan transition? (Honest questions--I don't remember.) I know we lost a bunch of recruits in the Callahan/Pelini transition. We didn't lose very many going from Pelini to Riley.

I couldn't honestly tell you, 2005-2006 is where my fandom started kicking into full gear.

Interesting

Gee? Only a fan for about the past 10 years? I would say that is awfully young to offer to many comments on the program's historical basis or in comparing coaches and teams and etc from the past 40 years. Most of the discussions about how a coach or team is doing as compared with Pelini, Callahan, Solich, Os, etc are pretty hard to say much if you weren't around to experience them first hand. Just my opinion.

One doesn't have to have lived through something to have an opinion 84. Sounds like he has a pretty good idea of what happened, and he asked for clarity and perspective on some specifics he wasn't sure about. It was a solid, educated post that wasn't off base in any regard. Just in my opinion.

People read into things how they wish to. I said my fandom didn't reach it's pinnacle until about 10yrs ago, he reads it as I've only been a fan for 10 years. Some folks think age is a way of measuring fandom too I guess.

It's just my opinion that this is the first time, since becoming a CFB dynasty program, that Nebraska is truly getting the standard transitional pains caused by a coaching change. The truth is we are STILL trying to successfully transition on from the TO era.

I mostly like them. I'm still not sold on Banker as our DC, but in fairness, you can't judge a college coach by one year. I also subscribe to the notion that the product you're selling can affect how you perform.

I really do admire this staff in the way they recruit. They are going after some of the most elite talent in the country and that's the way it should be.

I am looking at the Big 10 as a whole and really the only school that is better than NU talent wise is Ohio State--and that gap is narrowing.

I mostly like them. I'm still not sold on Banker as our DC, but in fairness, you can't judge a college coach by one year. I also subscribe to the notion that the product you're selling can affect how you perform.

I really do admire this staff in the way they recruit. They are going after some of the most elite talent in the country and that's the way it should be.

I am looking at the Big 10 as a whole and really the only school that is better than NU talent wise is Ohio State--and that gap is narrowing.

Really? Can you prove that objectively for me?

Really? Can you prove that objectively for me?

The talent level isn't that high yet.

Last year, we were 5th (although I'd argue PSU being that high).

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite?Conference=Big-Ten

They haven't put out 2016 yet, but I would bet we're 4th, and could possibly be 3rd.