Bill says 2 former teams wish they could come back..

What smoke? This comes up every year when the call-in radio shows having nothing else to talk about.

Probably just like in a marriage, when you're in a committed relationship & everything should be safe, you still should constantly be wooing your spouse, I suppose there's an argument to be made that the Big Ten & Nebraska should constantly be trying to reaffirm their commitment to each other. I think we do that.

Not at this level is doesn't, Bill didn't pull this out of his arse.. Someone looked into it! And I have not seen Bill just make up stories in the past of this magnitude.

I fully believe someone floated it out there, could be a booster, not sure, but someone did. I don't have facts to back that, just my opinion.

What smoke? This comes up every year when the call-in radio shows having nothing else to talk about.

Probably just like in a marriage, when you're in a committed relationship & everything should be safe, you still should constantly be wooing your spouse, I suppose there's an argument to be made that the Big Ten & Nebraska should constantly be trying to reaffirm their commitment to each other. I think we do that.

Not at this level is doesn't, Bill didn't pull this out of his arse.. Someone looked into it! And I have not seen Bill just make up stories in the past of this magnitude.

I fully believe someone floated it out there, could be a booster, not sure, but someone did. I don't have facts to back that, just my opinion.

Bill basically said like 2 days later that he pulled the original comment out of his ass.

We are never, ever, going back.

I get a little nostalgia about playing our former punching bags too, but the desire to see my sker's beating their faces in again isn't a valid enough reason for me to want us to leave one for the most stable and tradition rich conferences in the entire sport.

People need to move on, and the sports writers actually need to do their jobs and find real news to report on and be opinionated about.

• Fire 1

Bill basically said like 2 days later that he pulled the original comment out of his ass.

He did, I missed that? Can you point me to that link?

This is from page 2 of this thread:

Kansas State coach Bill Snyder raised eyebrows at Big 12 media days this week with his comments that two former league members wished they could “get back in the conference.”

Was he talking about Nebraska, which bolted in 2011 for the Big Ten? It sure sounded like it, though Snyder did not specify which teams he was referring to in Dallas.

He did Wednesday as Big 12 coaches visited the ESPN campus for interviews.

Snyder said he “most certainly” missed K-State’s rivalry with the Cornhuskers, saying that the two schools, separated by less than 150 miles, “should be” meeting on the field.

“When push comes to shove," Snyder said of Nebraska, "I don’t want to speak for anybody, but I’m not so sure they’re pleased with the decision they made.”

What does this board think?

So in a nutshell Bills original comment was him "assuming" we are unhappy because our football results have been pretty ho hum. That, and he wanted to stir the pot.

We aren't going back.

Kansas State coach Bill Snyder raised eyebrows at Big 12 media days this week with his comments that two former league members wished they could “get back in the conference.”

Was he talking about Nebraska, which bolted in 2011 for the Big Ten? It sure sounded like it, though Snyder did not specify which teams he was referring to in Dallas.

Snyder said he “most certainly” missed K-State’s rivalry with the Cornhuskers, saying that the two schools, separated by less than 150 miles, “should be” meeting on the field.

“When push comes to shove," Snyder said of Nebraska, "I don’t want to speak for anybody, but I’m not so sure they’re pleased with the decision they made.”

So in a nutshell Bills original comment was him "assuming" we are unhappy because our football results have been pretty ho hum. That, and he wanted to stir the pot.

We aren't going back.

Your statement is a bit of a reach.. he is not saying he made it up at all. My comment was not arguing for or against anything.

We aren't going back.

Your statement is a bit of a reach.. he is not saying he made it up at all. My comment was not arguing for or against anything.

No, mine isn't. Bill's original statement is the reach.

Bill Snyder Head Coach of Kansas State/Big12 member, has 0 knowledge of what Nebraska/BigTen member is doing. Come on.

• Fire 3