Bill says 2 former teams wish they could come back..

I wasn't worried until the AD felt the need to tweet about it. I trust him about as far as I can throw him. Now we'll all get an email while we're away on Thanksgiving break explaining why we're going back to the Big 12. :(

Well, perhaps he figured he had to tweet about it now because his policy is that he doesn't tweet about it during the season. :lol:

I wasn't worried until the AD felt the need to tweet about it. I trust him about as far as I can throw him. Now we'll all get an email while we're away on Thanksgiving break explaining why we're going back to the Big 12. :(

I read an article yesterday that quoted Bill as saying that there are two teams that he "knows of" that want to come back to the Big 12. Maybe not the exact quote but he made it clear what he meant.

I have no idea what will happen... we'll just have to wait and see.

We got stuck in this division (west) by the B1G, and it's far removed from the recruiting center of the conference and it has most of the bottom dwellers in the conference. They did us no favors by doing that.

I read an article yesterday that quoted Bill as saying that there are two teams that he "knows of" that want to come back to the Big 12. Maybe not the exact quote but he made it clear what he meant.

I have no idea what will happen... we'll just have to wait and see. We got stuck in this division (west) by the B1G that is far removed from the recruiting center of the conference and that has most of the bottom dwellers in the conference. They did us no favors by doing that.

Where would you have had them put us... in the east as the furthermost west team? They tried breaking up the divisions differently and we saw how that worked. If we were in the east I'm sure there would be those conspiracy theorists that would claim we were put there to show us how tough the big ten is and that the big ten was out to get us/keep us down.

I have no idea what will happen... we'll just have to wait and see. We got stuck in this division (west) by the B1G that is far removed from the recruiting center of the conference and that has most of the bottom dwellers in the conference. They did us no favors by doing that.

Where would you have had them put us... in the east as the furthermost west team? They tried breaking up the divisions differently and we saw how that worked. If we were in the east I'm sure there would be those conspiracy theorists that would claim we were put there to show us how tough the big ten is and that the big ten was out to get us/keep us down.

Yes, no matter the conference we would be on the fringes. With no teams to the north that leaves east/west and south. Yes, K-State, Kansas, Iowa State are all closer I still prefer to the B1G over the Big 12 drama any day of the week.

The B1G East Division has 7 teams.

5 of those teams... are ahead of us in the current recruiting class rankings and a 6th team (Penn State) is virtually tied with us.

There must be a playbook passed around to media members listing the topics most likely to generate "buzz" in an otherwise boring offseason. Somewhere on that list is "mention Nebraska returning to the Big XII." There's probably some estimate of how many tweets, angry calls, letters to the editor or whatever they'll get.We get this every year. It's boring and completely unrealistic.

Also in that playbook:

-Urban Meyers health status

-Jim Harbaugh's top ten tweets

-Ole Miss recruiting updates

Unsurprisingly, I don't think a lot of fans really care all that much about B1G media days, particularly Nebraska fans. This was recently corroborated by Sipple. I always find 'what sells' conversations intriguing, and he said in the case of Nebraska fan, columns on the Huskers' 2nd string center and their prospects going forward get more traffic than columns from B1G media days.

I think media members are trying to find anything to make the media days worthwhile to some extent, even if it means writing stories that will do little else but spark debate. I think actually covering media days is more beneficial for the media than it is fans because it gives the writers/sportscasters background info. on teams heading into the season that they can keep in mind for future stories once conference play starts.

I see no reason why Nebraska would want to go back to the Big 12, but I wonder if there is any pressure coming from the Big 10. What exactly have we provided to raise the prestige of the conference? We have been middle of the pack athletically in the major sports and we lose our AAU status right as we enter the conference. When I look at the reasons why Maryland and Rutgers were brought in, they don't align with what we provide or were told when we joined. Our football program seems to have lost ground since we joined and basketball still doesn't draw any excitement outside the state. This is just me trying to find a reason why these rumors might be true.

I see no reason why Nebraska would want to go back to the Big 12, but I wonder if there is any pressure coming from the Big 10. What exactly have we provided to raise the prestige of the conference? We have been middle of the pack athletically in the major sports and we lose our AAU status right as we enter the conference. When I look at the reasons why Maryland and Rutgers were brought in, they don't align with what we provide or were told when we joined. Our football program seems to have lost ground since we joined and basketball still doesn't draw any excitement outside the state. This is just me trying to find a reason why these rumors might be true.

You are meaning just in football correct? Cause last time I checked, we have been successful in volleyball, GBB, softball, at times in baseball and both track teams seem to be doing fairly well.

As far as the AAU, we would have lost it no matter what. We had been fighting to stay in it for 10 years prior to losing it. It was a no-win situation.

Maryland and Rutgers were brought in because of TV sets, that is pretty much it.

There is zero pressure from the Big Ten for Nebraska to leave. They are happy to have us, and we should be very happy to be here. Yes, they want a better product from Nebraska football so they can sell it, but we're bringing eyeballs to TV sets just like they wanted, and they're cool with that.

• Fire 1

The coaches, players and media from all across the conference have really wrapped their arms around Nebraska here at media days yesterday and today. We belong here and we are accepted and appreciated here. Forget anything else - that's reason enough why we're not going anywhere.

There must be a playbook passed around to media members listing the topics most likely to generate "buzz" in an otherwise boring offseason. Somewhere on that list is "mention Nebraska returning to the Big XII." There's probably some estimate of how many tweets, angry calls, letters to the editor or whatever they'll get.We get this every year. It's boring and completely unrealistic.

Also in that playbook:

-Urban Meyers health status

-Jim Harbaugh's top ten tweets

-Ole Miss recruiting updates

Unsurprisingly, I don't think a lot of fans really care all that much about B1G media days, particularly Nebraska fans. This was recently corroborated by Sipple. I always find 'what sells' conversations intriguing, and he said in the case of Nebraska fan, columns on the Huskers' 2nd string center and their prospects going forward get more traffic than columns from B1G media days.

I think media members are trying to find anything to make the media days worthwhile to some extent, even if it means writing stories that will do little else but spark debate. I think actually covering media days is more beneficial for the media than it is fans because it gives the writers/sportscasters background info. on teams heading into the season that they can keep in mind for future stories once conference play starts.

So you're saying media days are more for the media....makes sense.

You are meaning just in football correct? Cause last time I checked, we have been successful in volleyball, GBB, softball, at times in baseball and both track teams seem to be doing fairly well.

As far as the AAU, we would have lost it no matter what. We had been fighting to stay in it for 10 years prior to losing it. It was a no-win situation.

Maryland and Rutgers were brought in because of TV sets, that is pretty much it.

I mean in sports that generate revenue for the conference - football and basketball. Volleyball has been incredibly successful, unfortunately, that doesn't really mean much in the financial picture. It's a hard sell to say that Nebraska creates a lot extra money when the contracts are renewed.

I know the AAU thing is completely out of our control and it was inevitable, but I would hear all the time how every Big 10 school was an AAU member.

TV sets were exactly the reason why Rutgers and Maryland were added, which makes me wonder why we were added just a couple years before. It definitely wasn't for the number of TV sets in the state. We were told it was because of the prestige the program. That prestige is not trending up right now.

TV sets were exactly the reason why Rutgers and Maryland were added, which makes me wonder why we were added just a couple years before. It definitely wasn't for the number of TV sets in the state. We were told it was because of the prestige the program. That prestige is not trending up right now.

Nebraska brings in good TV audiences.

4 million viewers for the bowl game after a 5-7 regular season

6.2 million for the Iowa game

3.5 million for the Michigan State game

1.7 million for the Northwestern game

970k for the Minnesota game

600k for the Southern Miss game

3.1 million for the BYU game

We're doing just fine on our delivery of eyeballs to the Big Ten.

• Fire 1