Bill says 2 former teams wish they could come back..

Personally, I despise watching the Big XII brand of football ... basketball on turf. I won't even watch it on TV any longer.

I love smash-mouth football, most probably because I grew up in the 80s and 90s, when Nebraska used to be a physical team. Hopefully someday we'll get that edge back.

I like the football better. It's a professionally-run league, where schools value each other, instead of dealing with the constant in-fighting and jockeying for control that defines the Big XII. The conference is making our institution far better academically than it would have been in the Big XII (Big Ten is simply superior re: academics).

We ought to feel very lucky that they wanted us, and we should be doing everything we can to actually do a better job of competing in the conference and, I dare say, moving it forward (like Ohio State and Michigan State are doing on a national level).

Count me out.

• Fire 1

In a perfect world:

-Texas goes independent and finally their greed is fully on display.

-Oklahoma and Kansas come to the Big Ten West, Purdue moves East.

-Iowa State, Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech all make an agreement with the Mountain West and join to really beef the league up.

-West Virginia joins the ACC because duh.

-Kansas State disbands football completely because their fans are absolute trash....or they join the Mountain West. Either way really.

• Fire 5

In a perfect world:

-Iowa State, Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech all make an agreement with the Mountain West and join to really beef the league up.

-Kansas State disbands football completely because their fans are absolute trash....or they join the Mountain West. Either way really.

ROFL awesome post!! :)

That would indeed be a perfect world scenario... all of it.

And thank you for refraining on sharing a brilliant idea that has "Notre Dame to Big Ten" that I see so often from Huskers fans hahaha. That ship has sailed. That's not a perfect world scenario -- that's a fantasy. ND clearly wants nothing to do with the Big Ten.

But I digress... Thanks for the laughs at WV and K St (and the truth re: Texas) :)

In a perfect world:

ROFL awesome post!! :)

That would indeed be a perfect world scenario... all of it.

And thank you for refraining on sharing a brilliant idea that has "Notre Dame to Big Ten" that I see so often from Huskers fans hahaha. That ship has sailed. That's not a perfect world scenario -- that's a fantasy. ND clearly wants nothing to do with the Big Ten.

But I digress... Thanks for the laughs at WV and K St (and the truth re: Texas) :)

ND was smart not to join, they wouldn't be any better off than Nebraska is right now. They can pad their record with up/down ACC teams now and say "We are kind of in a conference".

I would love to have a yearly series with ND, but it's just a pipe dream. They may as well nut up and fully join the ACC.

In a perfect world:

West Virginia joins the MAC

KSucks can join the Big East so they have a chance to win a conference championship once in awhile

In a perfect world:

KSucks can join the Big East so they have a chance to win a conference championship once in awhile

Maybe we should also. KState has won two conference championships this century. How many have we won?

Keep an eye on this one: Grant of Rights deals be damned, the Big Ten jumps on the Big 12's vulnerability and poaches two or a few Big 12 teams before the Big 12 conference can expand, thus creating the nation's first Super Conference and balancing out the Big Ten West division. Best options for expansion being Kansas (for basketball), Oklahoma (national brand), Texas ​(national brand + huge recruiting footprint).

Said poaching can't happen until the GOR is up (say the last year of it) or unless Texass decides to be the a*****e that breaks GORs in a court of law for everyone...which means it's open season for any team bound in a conference by a GOR...like the B1G, ACC, Big XII, or Pac-12.

We'll get our answer here in the next few weeks, since there's supposedly a push at the Big XII meetings to extend the GOR. If it doesn't happen...well, start booking your Norman travel plans for 2024 and ready your RV for our migration game to Lawrence. :)

In a perfect world:

Maybe we should also. KState has won two conference championships this century. How many have we won?

1) The Big East is no longer a football conference...

2) http://www.winsipedia.com/nebraska/vs/kansas-state

Is GOR just a Big 12 thing or do other conferences have a similar blood pact? Are the penalties just more severe that their version has teeth? I remember TCU getting out of the Big East before they actually got their by forking over some dough is that the same kind of thing?

GOR is a HUGE thing....unless of course the conference enforcing the GOR ceases to exist.

In a perfect world:

1) The Big East is no longer a football conference...

2) http://www.winsipedia.com/nebraska/vs/kansas-state

Cool site, bookmarked.

Is GOR just a Big 12 thing or do other conferences have a similar blood pact? Are the penalties just more severe that their version has teeth? I remember TCU getting out of the Big East before they actually got their by forking over some dough is that the same kind of thing?

GOR is a HUGE thing....unless of course the conference enforcing the GOR ceases to exist.

Thanks, I'm still not understanding the whole deal, but I found this article, I know it's old, but I found it interesting.

I ask again, what about the Big 12 GOR is so air tight? Does anyone know?

Edit: I found this article too which seems to contradict the other one. /shrug I give up.