Bill says 2 former teams wish they could come back..

I would prefer going to the Big 12 schools for road games rather than the Big 10 schools. Going to Oklahoma or Texas is just like going to Michigan or Ohio State, and it's easier to go to Norman and Austin. TCU and Michigan State are basically the same, and spending a weekend in Dallas-Fort Worth sounds a lot cooler than going to East Lansing. Yeah, Northwestern is in Chicago, which is kinda cool, but nobody in Chicago cares about Northwestern. I went to Minnesota a few years ago. It was freezing cold in the morning, the campus area was lame, and nobody really cared about the Gophers. I have absolutely no desire to go to a game at Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Maryland, or Rutgers. I know Ames, Manhattan, and Lawrence aren't the best atmosphere for college football, but they are all easy drives to a lot of Nebraskans.

I would prefer going to the Big 12 schools for road games rather than the Big 10 schools. Going to Oklahoma or Texas is just like going to Michigan or Ohio State, and it's easier to go to Norman and Austin. TCU and Michigan State are basically the same, and spending a weekend in Dallas-Fort Worth sounds a lot cooler than going to East Lansing. Yeah, Northwestern is in Chicago, which is kinda cool, but nobody in Chicago cares about Northwestern. I went to Minnesota a few years ago. It was freezing cold in the morning, the campus area was lame, and nobody really cared about the Gophers. I have absolutely no desire to go to a game at Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Maryland, or Rutgers. I know Ames, Manhattan, and Lawrence aren't the best atmosphere for college football, but they are all easy drives to a lot of Nebraskans.

Kansas State fans and Iowa State fans are actually in the games it seems like Gopher fans don't care and Indiana fans don't care at all and Purdue fans don't care at Northwestern fans don't care and Marilyn fans don't care and Rutgers fans don't care.

I just don't feel like Nebraska fits culturally with many Big Ten programs.

I think Nebraska fits in better with fans/schools in Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois and Minnesota than it does with the same in Missouri, Texas and Colorado.

I love the Big Ten. The Big XII was cool and all, but Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas were the only blue blood programs and everyone else was more often than not an absolute doormat. The B1G, in addition to the biggest fanbases, the biggest and most iconic stadiums, and the prestige, has Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska and Penn State as the huge fish, and Wisconsin and Michigan State are both two really solid programs. The competitiveness is a blast.

Playing in crazy close games against Wisconsin, Michigan, MSU and PSU is so much more enjoyable to me than playing in shootouts or blowouts against Kansas, Kansas State and Oklahoma State (or whatever teams).

Let's not let those Big 8 memories cloud our reality. The Huskers would have no easier road in the Big 12 than they do right now in the Big 10.

Baylor and TCU are the powerhouses these days, not Nebraska. Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and West Virginia have the kind of offenses that always give Nebraska fits. Kansas State is our peer, not our doormat. Iowa State is roughly our Northwestern. Oklahoma is back to perennial power status, and Texas had a way of beating us even when they sucked.

I think we would blow out Kansas. But that's the only gimme.

And yes, playing Purdue and Indiana really sucks compared to playing Kansas and Iowa State. But that's only because it feels more familiar right now. If OU and KU were in the Big Ten (fingers crossed) I would expect no more talk of missing the B12 or wanting to leave the B1G.

I think Nebraska fits in better with fans/schools in Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois and Minnesota than it does with the same in Missouri, Texas and Colorado.

I love the Big Ten. The Big XII was cool and all, but Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas were the only blue blood programs and everyone else was more often than not an absolute doormat. The B1G, in addition to the biggest fanbases, the biggest and most iconic stadiums, and the prestige, has Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska and Penn State as the huge fish, and Wisconsin and Michigan State are both two really solid programs. The competitiveness is a blast.

Playing in crazy close games against Wisconsin, Michigan, MSU and PSU is so much more enjoyable to me than playing in shootouts or blowouts against Kansas, Kansas State and Oklahoma State (or whatever teams).

Let's not let those Big 8 memories cloud our reality. The Huskers would have no easier road in the Big 12 than they do right now in the Big 10.

Baylor and TCU are the powerhouses these days, not Nebraska. Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and West Virginia have the kind of offenses that always give Nebraska fits. Kansas State is our peer, not our doormat. Iowa State is roughly our Northwestern. Oklahoma is back to perennial power status, and Texas had a way of beating us even when they sucked.

Baylor and TCU are flashes in the pan.

I'm not saying that the B1G is all great and the Big XII is all garbage, but I get way more enjoyment out of battling against teams in the top 10 in all time wins, or in stadiums with 100,000+ people, or against programs that we don't lead the all-time series 50-7 against, stuff like that. Even if they're bad, as a fan and a spectator I'd prefer a cold November battle that we lose to Wisconsin/MSU/OSU/UM than a 3 touchdown win against West Virginia or Texas Tech. I couldn't, at all, find myself to care for those teams.

I don't see any advantage to returning to the Big 12 except the obvious travel distances are closer for more away games. Of course, tickets to many of those Big 12 aways were easier perhaps. But, once we get back on winning track, I think we'll enjoy the Big Ten more. The money seems - going forward as we haven't had any bucks yets - to be projected much better Big Ten. That was the expectation.

Baylor and TCU are flashes in the pan.

I'm not saying that the B1G is all great and the Big XII is all garbage, but I get way more enjoyment out of battling against teams in the top 10 in all time wins, or in stadiums with 100,000+ people, or against programs that we don't lead the all-time series 50-7 against, stuff like that. Even if they're bad, as a fan and a spectator I'd prefer a cold November battle that we lose to Wisconsin/MSU/OSU/UM than a 3 touchdown win against West Virginia or Texas Tech. I couldn't, at all, find myself to care for those teams.

Baylor, maybe, especially with the scandal going on there. TCU though? They've been solid-to-great for almost 15 years now. They had that clunker of a season a couple years go when they were adjusting to the Big 12, but Patterson is a fantastic coach, and has built that into a solid program.

IMO, Michigan State is more of a flash in the pan than TCU. Michigan State has had its 5 best years in the past 5 years, while TCU has had more sustained success over the past 15 years. It will be interesting to see how MSU does if/when Michigan comes back to prominence. Of course the same could be said for TCU remaining near the top of the Big 12 if/when Texas returns to being great. I give TCU a better chance with its better recruiting base in Texas, and especially the DFW Metroplex.

IMO, Michigan State is more of a flash in the pan than TCU. Michigan State has had its 5 best years in the past 5 years, while TCU has had more sustained success over the past 15 years. It will be interesting to see how MSU does if/when Michigan comes back to prominence. Of course the same could be said for TCU remaining near the top of the Big 12 if/when Texas returns to being great. I give TCU a better chance with its better recruiting base in Texas, and especially the DFW Metroplex.

Michigan State is had I think four good years in the last five or maybe five in the last six… What they have done is feasted on the bottom dwellers in the Big Ten… Where in the past they were getting upset and then go ahead and lose three games in a row and finish six and six. I don't think I see them sustaining a 10 or 11 win season for you for much longer. I could see them falling back

The likelihood of Nebraska ever returning to the Big 12 is extremely small to non-existent. With that said, in situations or decisions like these I think it is prudent to weigh the pros & cons.

Pros of Big Ten conference membership for Nebraska:

• $$$$$ Best conference network, media rights setup/team-by-team payout among all the Power 5 conferences by a wide margin.
  • Conference members for the most part work for the betterment of the entire conference on an equal footing.
  • Excellent academic reputation.

​Cons of Big Ten conference membership for Nebraska:

• This isn't the same Big Ten conference Nebraska assumed it was joining in 2011. (See Maryland & Rutgers). Yes, the conference gained monetarily by these two additions, but the conference as a whole was weakened by these two additions in that the bigger name universities do not play each other on a more regular basis.
  • ​Partial loss to recruiting footprint in Texas.
  • A much heavier travel burden on fans for away games.

Pros of Big 12 conference membership for Nebraska:

• Alliances with universities dating back well over century. (See Big 8)
  • Oklahoma vs Nebraska rivalry. Enough said.
  • Shorter travel distance for fans for away games.

Cons of Big 12 conference membership for Nebraska:

• Conference doesn't make decisions to the betterment of the the conference as a whole, rather the more powerful universities put pressure on or drown-out the voices of the smaller institutions. (See Texas + Ego)
  • $$$ No conference network, and a weak to sub-par media rights deal.
  • West Virginia. Very nice people in West Virginia, but let's be honest, it's an outlier in an otherwise Great Plains conference footprint.

Is Nebraska going to return to the Big 12?

No. However, if the old Big 8 schools want to restructure a newer modern day Great Plains/Mountain West conference, where they manage to get Texas to agree to act fairly and on an equal footing with all conference members & create a conference network with the backing of ESPN or Fox....than we can talk.

Two likely scenarios:

1. Big 12 expands within the next year and adds two teams. Who those are right now are anybody's guess?
  2. Keep an eye on this one: Grant of Rights deals be damned, the Big Ten jumps on the Big 12's vulnerability and poaches two or a few Big 12 teams before the Big 12 conference can expand, thus creating the nation's first Super Conference and balancing out the Big Ten West division. Best options for expansion being Kansas (for basketball), Oklahoma (national brand), Texas ​(national brand + huge recruiting footprint).
  • Fire 1

TCU was also in the Mountain West for a majority of those years. That is a big difference then being in the B1G or B12 for the same amount of time. I went a looked at TCU's records from 2005-2015 (10yrs). They were 77-13 from 2005-2011 while in the MWC. They are currently 34-17 in the B12 from 2012-2015.

Since TCU joined the B12, MSU has a record of 43-11 in that same time period. Before that, they had some good season sprinkled in with some poor ones and a combined record of 55-36 from 2005-2011.

I am glad we are in the B1G and would not want to go back to the B12 at all.

• Fire 1

Really? Some of you legitimately wish we could go back?

As someone who's attended husker games since I was 7 (2003) and now as a student, the b12 can go f itself. The campus is way nicer than it was even 2 years ago, Love library has been upgraded, and being in the B1G helped push Gallup into donating for the new business school (which I have a feeling helped Gebbia commit to us as he said the business schools of the places he was looking at would play a big role in his decision, but I digress).

As a lifelong fan growing up in Des Moines, I'd also say playing Iowa yearly is better than Iowa State. Iowa state fans have this annoying mentality of "as long as we beat Iowa and Nebraska, we could go 2-10 and be content." Iowa fans aren't like that. Seeing Nebraska playing games in Iowa City is way better than seeing Nebraska in Ames. If you had the experiences between the two fanbases as I've had, you'd understand my pov :P

Despite what Snyder may say, Colorado, Mizzou, and A&M don't want back into the b12. For Colorado, they get to collaborate with the California schools and they're not giving that up. Mizzou wanted out faster than a speeding bullet (see their vocal attempts at joining the very conference we are currently in). Texas a&m went the opposite direction when they heard UT was looking at possibly joining the PAC and have had no interest in playing Texas again even though Texas has said that they'd like to. I've been to every b12 campus except A&M and WVU and IMO the 5 best campuses/cities in the b12 are nebraska/Lincoln - KU/Lawrence - Mizzou (was shocked when I visited how nice it was) - Colorado/boulder (Their campus is right next to a mountain for God's sake) and - Texas/Austin. Now 3 of the 5 are gone. TCU has a nice enough campus, but the area in Fort Worth surrounding it is sketchy AF and doesn't come close to replacing any of the schools that left.

Why should we want to go back to the conference that chose Texas over us and was just forced to make a decision to possibly expand purely because the creation of the ACC network is forcing them to, and not because they want to. You should see the boards for Oklahoma and Texas; they're pissed at the list of candidates for the expansion and at the fact they GOR will most likely be extended if they do expand. Things aren't all fine and dandy in Dallas.

• Fire 7