Future of the Republican Party

Is the Democrat party really much more diverse than the Republican? They SAY they are, but are they really?

Let me ask you this. Other than white men, what minority is more likely to be a Republican than a Democrat.

Not blacks

Not women

Not hispanics

Not young people

Not gay people

.....etc.

BTW...this is a serious question. I've thought about this a lot. I guess you could say Christians. I'm not sure Jewish people would be Republican. Anyone????

I see your point but, minority groups being fooled and played by a political party is hardly evidence that said party is really any better for them. Sure, the Dems pickup more of those minority groups but the real question is, should they?

I'm not sure how any sensible adult could blindly support either party any more.

Great point. I never will understand blacks voting for Dems at a 95% rate...especially given that black lives are not better under Obama. The Dems are great at identity politics and racial and class warfare which is why Obama has not done more to address the racial divisions in this country. With the white vote shrinking, he wants to do everything possible to maximize the minority vote.

REALLY? You don't understand it?

You've got a party figurehead like Rudy Giuliani (and a hell of a lot other angry old white guys) up there saying things like "Black Lives Matter is inherently racist" and you can't comprehend why black people wouldn't fall in line?

There are plenty of blacks that speaking out against BLM.

I find it interesting that nobody has come up with a minority group that the Republicans appeal to other than angry white men over 35 and Christians.

I quoted you saying you were wrong on the Hispanic vote.

Really? I believe they lean towards the Democrats and away from the party that greatly emphasizes building a wall.

• Fire 1

I find it interesting that nobody has come up with a minority group that the Republicans appeal to other than angry white men over 35 and Christians.

Really? I believe they lean towards the Democrats and away from the party that greatly emphasizes building a wall.

In 2012, they voted 71 to 27 in favor of Obama. Link

He wasn't wrong. Your evidence from your family doesn't negate data on the entire population's voting trends.

Is the Democrat party really much more diverse than the Republican? They SAY they are, but are they really?

Let me ask you this. Other than white men, what minority is more likely to be a Republican than a Democrat.

Not blacks

Not women

Not hispanics

Not young people

Not gay people

.....etc.

BTW...this is a serious question. I've thought about this a lot. I guess you could say Christians. I'm not sure Jewish people would be Republican. Anyone????

I see your point but, minority groups being fooled and played by a political party is hardly evidence that said party is really any better for them. Sure, the Dems pickup more of those minority groups but the real question is, should they?

I'm not sure how any sensible adult could blindly support either party any more.

Great point. I never will understand blacks voting for Dems at a 95% rate...especially given that black lives are not better under Obama. The Dems are great at identity politics and racial and class warfare which is why Obama has not done more to address the racial divisions in this country. With the white vote shrinking, he wants to do everything possible to maximize the minority vote.

You've got a party figurehead like Rudy Giuliani (and a hell of a lot other angry old white guys) up there saying things like "Black Lives Matter is inherently racist" and you can't comprehend why black people wouldn't fall in line?

And you have leading Dems claiming those opposed to BLM or who say All LIves Matter are racist. The reality is that the unemployment rates of young black males is near an all time high, income disparity has grown among blacks, etc... Black on black violence is out of control in many major cities including in Obama's home town of Chicago.

Not blacks

Not women

Not hispanics

Not young people

Not gay people

.....etc.

And you have leading Dems claiming those opposed to BLM or who say All LIves Matter are racist. The reality is that the unemployment rates of young black males is near an all time high, income disparity has grown among blacks, etc... Black on black violence is out of control in many major cities including in Obama's home town of Chicago.

You're grasping.

Not blacks

Not women

Not hispanics

Not young people

Not gay people

.....etc.

And honestly, the republican party claims that black lives are no better under Obama ... I don't know a black person that has said that. Not one.

Umm...here you go..listen to Tavis Smiley and the real data points and tell me that no black person feels lives are worse under Obama.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/01/tavis-smiley-on-every-leading-economic-issue-black-americans-have-lost-ground-under-obama-video/

And more articles on this topic:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/433222/black-americans-barack-obama-going-backwards-under-president-obama

Not blacks

Not women

Not hispanics

Not young people

Not gay people

.....etc.

You're grasping.

See the first link I just posted above. Black poverty has gotten worse under Obama, black net worth has dropped 34%, and the wealth gap between blacks and whites has grown. Are you refuting this data?

Not blacks

Not women

Not hispanics

Not young people

Not gay people

.....etc.

And honestly, the republican party claims that black lives are no better under Obama ... I don't know a black person that has said that. Not one.

Umm...here you go..listen to Tavis Smiley and the real data points and tell me that no black person feels lives are worse under Obama.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/01/tavis-smiley-on-every-leading-economic-issue-black-americans-have-lost-ground-under-obama-video/

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/433222/black-americans-barack-obama-going-backwards-under-president-obama

Heading out to work and will be away from the computer all day - if someone doesn't respond to you by the time I get home I'll circle back on this.

Not blacks

Not women

Not hispanics

Not young people

Not gay people

.....etc.

Hey BNL - good articles here. I guess my perspective was on the polls where people were asked how they felt their lives were (subjective for sure) and how many were happy with Obama. Those numbers are high, as they are with younger folks, women, and white college graduates. Then the question becomes, if the majority of the black population says they're happy with him and their lives currently does it matter what the statistician numbers show?

What I'd like to look for is how the performance of of the black population is on these stats vs. white or the total american public. I've had a hard time finding numbers that are easy to compare. Essentially if the stats for black americans are on pace with what white americans experienced during the same timeframe, then this is a non issue, and for me the issue becomes why are we looking at americans by race instead of as a whole? Or by region? If there are huge discrepancies, or out of proportion changes (i.e. white americans had increase in wages of 8% and black americans had an increase of 3%) then there are way bigger problems.

There are ups and downs in financial markets, employment etc., some of which is tied to the presidential office, some that are totally out of that position's control. When I set out to research there is data out there showing mostly positives when it comes to market growth and unemployment etc. under Obama. Essentially there is good, and there is bad - and either of us could probably find info to back up our opinions.

Lots of hypothetical questions posed in my answer I suppose, but honestly I don't have the energy to dig through more data to find out any more tonight.