Fall Camp Position Battles - Defensive Tackle

What other young guys is Sam talking about? Khalil was held out and Carlos was in the 2 deep. I think most expect those 2 to be the back ups, but with bigger upsides in the near future.

I would imagine he was talking about Daishon Neal. He mentioned DL not just DT

What other young guys is Sam talking about? Khalil was held out and Carlos was in the 2 deep. I think most expect those 2 to be the back ups, but with bigger upsides in the near future.

Mainly Neal and Alex Davis. Stille and Miller were outside shots but tough as true Freshmen.

From Sam:

The Huskers’ interior tackles could surprise — in a good way. At least in the scrimmage, the No. 1 tackles — Kevin Maurice and Gretna’s Mick Stoltenberg — more than held their own while the No. 2 tackles, Carlos Davis and senior Giltner walk-on Logan Rath, looked good, too. Khalil Davis was out with a knee strain.

Those five, should they stay healthy, might be the interior rotation. You haven’t seen it yet, but the Davis twins have the potential to be excellent interior pass rushers. They’re quick off the ball and they can chase.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/mckewon-husker-defensive-coordinator-mark-banker-wants-to-be-aggressive/article_847c666a-af93-5a09-a7b1-7144707fca82.html

• Fire 1

Mainly Neal and Alex Davis. Stille and Miller were outside shots but tough as true Freshmen.

Got it, thanks. I thought this at first, but got a bit confused with this in the DT thread. Losing my mind in the heat.

Who can help: Two seniors respected for their work ethic and motor — defensive end Ross Dzuris and tackle Kevin Maurice — will anchor the line. Maurice needs to stay healthy, as does Freedom Akinmoladun, the presumptive starting end opposite Dzuris. Akinmoladun needs to be more consistent, but he’s a pretty good pass rusher for a still-developing guy. Dzuris and Akinmoladun don’t have proven backups, and there are no proven tackles besides Maurice. Carlos and Khalil Davis are precocious twins at tackle, while Mick Stoltenberg is coming off an injury and looking good. At end, don’t count out A.J. Natter and Sedrick King, but redshirt freshmen DaiShon Neal and Alex Davis are on the come.

OWH