Pre-Season Coaches Poll Released

I am optimistic as you all should know if you bother to read my posts. I know many of you don't as you don't agree with my sentiments on much of anything. I am not concerned about that as I expect that over time the truth will come out and we'll all know who was more right than wrong about many things.

I think being mentioned in a poll after finishing last year 6-7 is actually a recognition by the coaches that Nebraska still has some weight and consideration. I suspect we are not yet on anybody's short list for homecoming opponents - maybe a couple at the top but not many. It is also likely that there are about a dozen teams ranked ahead of us in this poll that would be preferred opponents for many teams over the Huskers as easier to defeat. We played top 25 football in the bowl game in my view and also played top 25 grade football for maybe 1/3rd of the other quarters during the year. We will find ourselves ranked respectably by game 5 IF we win those games.

I don't think you are going out on a limb with that prediction of a top 25 ranking since it would include Oregon, but staying there for any length of time would seem unlikely. And with all that I shudder to think we would be giddy to get in the top 25

"yee haw"

there are some posters that are enjoying the huskers not being ranked. it gives them a lot to bitch about. yee haw!!!

Enjoying that , are you kidding! But for us fans that were around when we competed at the highest level and were ranked in the top 10 quite often (and I don't mean in the 90s', this is a bitter pill to swallow. For those that have never experienced it, I can see where you have a more (meh) attitude.

jeff kinney was my favorite player when i was 10 years old. but thanks for telling me i am too young to remember the glory days. lol

I am optimistic as you all should know if you bother to read my posts. I know many of you don't as you don't agree with my sentiments on much of anything. I am not concerned about that as I expect that over time the truth will come out and we'll all know who was more right than wrong about many things.

I think being mentioned in a poll after finishing last year 6-7 is actually a recognition by the coaches that Nebraska still has some weight and consideration. I suspect we are not yet on anybody's short list for homecoming opponents - maybe a couple at the top but not many. It is also likely that there are about a dozen teams ranked ahead of us in this poll that would be preferred opponents for many teams over the Huskers as easier to defeat. We played top 25 football in the bowl game in my view and also played top 25 grade football for maybe 1/3rd of the other quarters during the year. We will find ourselves ranked respectably by game 5 IF we win those games.

I don't think you are going out on a limb with that prediction of a top 25 ranking since it would include Oregon, but staying there for any length of time would seem unlikely. And with all that I shudder to think we would be giddy to get in the top 25

"yee haw"

there are some posters that are enjoying the huskers not being ranked. it gives them a lot to bitch about. yee haw!!!

Enjoying that , are you kidding! But for us fans that were around when we competed at the highest level and were ranked in the top 10 quite often (and I don't mean in the 90s', this is a bitter pill to swallow. For those that have never experienced it, I can see where you have a more (meh) attitude.

jeff kinney was my favorite player when i was 10 years old. but thanks for telling me i am too young to remember the glory days. lol

Great you could of been one of those kids playing in my neighborhood after I got married lol

"yee haw"

I went to my first Nebraska game in 1966.

Tom Osborne will always be "the new guy" to me.

So your perspective isn't quite so precious, young fella.

"yee haw"

Ummm...

Bob Devaney was our coach in 1966.

He coached Nebraska until 1972.

young fella...

"yee haw"

Ummm...

young fella...

:facepalm: psycho.....try reading his post again. it doesn't say what you think it says.

• Fire 2

"yee haw"

Ummm...

young fella...

:facepalm: psycho.....try reading his post again. it doesn't say what you think it says.

Bob Devaney was the "new guy".

He's the one who started the entire decades long winning streak, and he's the one who hired Tom Osborne.

Devaney replaced the previous coach who's last season was 3-6-1.

Bob Devaney's first year at Nebraska he took the team to a 9-2 record... and he did that entirely with the previous coaches players.

Devaney's second season he was 10-1... third season 9-2... fourth season 10-1.

Devaney was the equivalent then... of Ohio State hiring Urban Meyer now.

That's what I'm saying.

• Fire 1

"yee haw"

Ummm...

young fella...

He's the one who started the entire decades long winning streak, and he's the one who hired Tom Osborne.

Bob Devaney's first year at Nebraska he took the team to a 9-2 record... and he did that entirely with the previous coaches players.

That's what I'm saying.

I grew up with Bob Devaney's Nebraska Cornhuskers.

That's why Tom Osborne was the New Guy to me.

I've met them both. When one of them was too drunk to drive his Cadillac, I drove it for him.

It is physically impossible for you to lecture me on Nebraska football.

So stop.

• Fire 3

"yee haw"

Ummm...

young fella...

That's what I'm saying.

I've met them both. When one of them was too drunk to drive his Cadillac, I drove it for him.

So stop.

And I go back just as far as you do with it...

So stop with the holier than thou/superiority nonsense.

I don't care who you've claimed to have met or claimed to have hung out with.

I go by what you're saying now... and you don't show any superior knowledge or instincts for Nebraska football... in fact you seem to be one of the most prevalent "fairy tale" fans and never ending excuse makers... along with your this is an "entertainment business" nonsense.

• Fire 1

"yee haw"

If you are referring to me I never said mine was "precious", but you must think yours is as you sure share it alot.

• Fire 1

"yee haw"

Ummm...

young fella...

That's what I'm saying.

So stop.

Again, my apologies.

I keep thinking you're a young guy with a poor grasp of history and terrible reading and writing skills.

"yee haw"

Ummm...

young fella...

That's what I'm saying.

So stop.

Again, my apologies.

I keep thinking you're a young guy with a poor grasp of history and terrible reading and writing skills.

No, that would be you.

All you've got is fairy tale stuff.

I speak about reality... that's what you don't like.

• Fire 1

"yee haw"

If you are referring to me I never said mine was "precious", but you must think yours is as you sure share it alot.

There's an increasing number of smart fans commenting here.

Always good to read your comments.

Keep speaking out.