Hillary Clinton lies...

How would voter fraud manifest itself? Everyone who votes has to be registered.

You request an absentee ballot, they send it to you and alert your precinct so if you vote absentee and try to vote again in person, they put your ballot in the provisional pile until they verify it.

You go to the precinct to vote normally, your name is on a register and you have to sign it. Someone tries to vote that's not registered there, they put the ballot in the provisional pile. Someone gets there early and votes in your name, then you show up and try to vote, that kicks the vote into the provisional pile.

The Election Commission verifies provisional votes, and those that can't be verified are excluded.

Aside from electronic voting machines, which ZRod touched on above, where's the wiggle room for massive fraud? I'm sure mistakes are made, but nothing remotely like the recent hysteria would have us think.

SOURCE - I just asked an Election Commissioner. So I'm doing your legwork for you, BRB. :D

• Fire 2

Sure, they have to register. But, since I registered, I have never had anyone check who I am. NO....I am not advocating voter ID. That would be racist.

I'm just trying to figure out the process. I simply walk in to my precinct, tell them my name, they find in on the list, I sign beside the name and go vote.

Now....let's say the Republican party realizes they aren't going to win Presidential elections unless they win Florida. There are one heck of a lot of old people in Florida. Those old people tend to die.

How is it prevented that the Republican party doesn't just start accumulating a dada base of dead people, request an absentee ballot in their name, fill it out and send it in? If the Republicans did this over a long enough period (accumulating a data base) they could get quite a few votes.

What process is in place to verify absentee ballots?

The Election Commission verifies absentee ballots, so if a dead person "requests" a ballot, that's going to be a red flag. I would consider it extremely unlikely that you could amass a game-changing amount of dead Floridians without the Election Commission digging in to the situation.

I just read a Fox News article about absentee ballot fraud. They raise nearly the same points as this discussion. The Election Commission response was basically the same as I'm saying - they verify each ballot. Representatives from both the Republican and Democrat parties are on hand when absentee ballots are opened. If they suspect fraud they investigate it. To date, no large-scale voter fraud has ever been uncovered.

What process is in place to verify absentee ballots?

What results do you get when you put this question into google? There's a ton of information out there about this.

• Fire 1

BRB, I know you're trying to be fair here, but I think the term "rabbit hole" is appropriate. At some point it's not merely fair consideration, it's elevating crank to legitimacy. If anything goes, then a lot of policies can be justified. Because if nothing else, opposition to them gets buffeted down towards uncertainty.

There's a (brief, hehe :D) thread here covering how this has all gone down in the Courts of late. A positive development: http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/79071-texas-voting-law-stands-despite-challenges/

If Peterson scolded the Wisconsin Legislature for its race-based voting restrictions, the United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit flayed, filleted, and roasted the North Carolina Legislature for its egregiously racist voting law. The Republican-dominated Legislature passed an omnibus voting measure immediately after the Supreme Court freed the state from “preclearance,” allowing it to modify voting laws without federal approval. As the 4th Circuit explained, Republican legislators then promptly “requested data on the use, by race, of a number of voting practices.” Then, using this “racial breakdown” of voting practices, the state proceeded to restrict every voting method preferred by minorities.

Citizens United will be a direct focus of the Clinton Administration's Supreme Court nomination. Putting back the safeguards from the Voter Rights Act will be right up there as well. It is shameful and utterly unAmerican what they've done in the South since the VRA was gutted.

• Fire 1

I remember the summer of 2013 when the VRA decision came down along with a couple of more positive ones (I think striking down a key provision in DOMA was one of the others. Yeah, the US government passed a "Defense of Marriage Act"....)

It was like a slow-rolling disaster. What happened next should have been seen from a mile away -- and it was, but that didn't stop it from happening.

Here is my stance on it. I absolutely 100% do not want to prevent anyone from voting. So, if the proposed laws prevent someone...then abolish them.

However, I still want fair elections and....even more important....to have the public have confidence in the process and the election. Republicans are not the only ones throughout the last 50 years to believe voter fraud or problems in the process has cost them elections. These concerns are brought up every now and then from either side.

I also get a little uneasy when one side constantly labels the other side racist, bigoted or crooked simply for discussing it or bringing the possibility up.

So, you have two sides:

a) One side brings up the possibility and when pushed back they say....AHAaaa...see....they benefit from it and that's why they don't want anything done.

b) One side who just constantly calls the other side racist for even bringing it up.

There are actually people who may be concerned about the issue that aren't racist and don't want to prevent anyone from voting.

Education on the process and the security that is in place to make sure it's a legitimate election could go a long ways in the public's eye.

It's like someone claiming to be a vegetarian who only eats bacon. You can pretend you're all about truth all you want, but it rings hollow when you proffer up Donald Trump as your boy.

I don't know who that nonsense works on. Nobody with half a brain, that's for sure.

Hmm, I give you an A for effort, but not sure your analogy really works here. What I find funny is that you will bash Trump for some of the same things Hillary does over and over. As I just stated, Hillary tries to claim that Trump is "unfit" to be POTUS when she demonstrates everyday why she is unfit. Do you not see this?

Do you not see how much Trump lies and is dishonest?

I'm not saying Trump has never lied or changed his position on issues, and frankly this is a frustration point as it appears he is "softening" his stance on deportation. I think his updated stance is the right one, but then don't go and bash Bush, Rubio, Kasich and others for having that same view. In a sense, all politicians lie at some point, but Hillary takes the crown for the relative frequency and severity of her lies.

As for being unfit, do you not agree that HIllary is unfit to be POTUS just as some claim Trump is unfit?

• Fire 2

huskerfan2000 - do you think Hillary Clinton lies?

https://gma.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-tried-shake-off-email-scandal-175132913--abc-news-topstories.html

You tell me!

I'm just asking. Yes or no?

who started this thread?

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/06/10/flashback-oh-that-time-obama-said-hillary-say-anything-and-change-nothing-n2176394

"But it was Hillary Clinton, in an interview with Tom Brokaw, who quote 'paid tribute' to Ronald Reagan’s economic and foreign policy. She championed NAFTA –- even though it has cost South Carolina thousands of jobs. And worst of all, it was Hillary Clinton who voted for George Bush’s war in Iraq.

"Hillary Clinton. She’ll say anything, and change nothing. It’s time to turn the page. Paid for by Obama for America."

• Fire 1

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/19/hillary-clintons-long-list-of-lies/

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

Many of us remember the classic line from the “Seinfeld” show, that “it’s not a lie if you believe it.” Applying that theme to the evolution of Hillary Rodham, then Hillary Rodham Clinton, and now just plain Hillary Clinton, here are the notable accomplishments of her “public service” career:

• Flunked the D.C. Bar Exam.

• Was removed from her House Judiciary Committee staffer job because of incompetence and lying.

• The Whitewater scandal.

• Married a serial liar and cheater, who occasionally had sexual encounters with nonconsenting partners.

• Lied about “sniper fire” in an attempt to simulate exposure to danger in a war zone.

• The subject of a “vast right-wing conspiracy” that led to the impeachment and disbarment of her husband

• Took crockery, furniture, artwork and other items from the White House — had to return and/or pay for them.

• Said “what difference, at this point, does it make” about four brave people killed in Libya as a direct result of her failure to protect them on the anniversary of 9/11.

• Totally ignored the structure and rules for the handling of sensitive national security information.

• Amassed a personal fortune with “speaking fees” and payments from private sector political donors and foreign governments into transparent “foundations” in obvious exchange for future political favor.

Two conclusions emerge from this nefarious list of “accomplishments”:

First, Hillary’s brief solo “professional” career [without Bill] was a total failure, and of her own doing. This despite high-level political sponsorship to get her a key “entry level” job as a legal staffer on the Nixon Impeachment investigation in the early 1970s. But she flunked the D.C. Bar Exam [perhaps the easiest in those days] and got fired from her staff job.

Second, she is identified today in friendly media solely by her “career” post-marriage to Bubba. This is the part that Barack Obama recently described as making her “probably the best qualified person ever to run for president.” This is both laughable and ironic, as she is better qualified than was Mr. Obama, arguably the most unqualified person ever elected president. And, as presidential aspirants go, they had one professional “qualification” in common: Neither had ever worked in a “real job.”

• Fire 1

I'll vote for Johnson or somebody. Maybe I'll write in my cat. I voted for Hillary in the primary - after the caucus so my vote was meaningless - and I did it solely for the uniqueness of voting for a Clinton once in my life. I'll never do it again.

It wouldn't matter if I voted for Hillary anyway - Nebraska's going Trump this year.