Husker Prayer - Official Version

Mavric

I believe it changed from "team that cant be beat....." to "till we cant be beat....." around 2004/05ish. I recall all the Wistrom videos and such, "the team the cant be beat..." in a sense that we are the team that cant be beat, but around 04/05 we came under this rebuilding mentality and I think that's why it changed to "till we cant be beat....." in a sense of process and work in progress to be that team that cant be beat again.

Or...how about we let people express their thoughts on it regardless of what they are...just like in all the other threads.

I "pray" that happens a little bit more...day by day

Please don't post your thoughts about people having thoughts.

tumblr_nzeehr5rJM1v15d99o1_500.gif

• Fire 1

I believe it changed from "team that cant be beat....." to "till we cant be beat....." around 2004/05ish. I recall all the Wistrom videos and such, "the team the cant be beat..." in a sense that we are the team that cant be beat, but around 04/05 we came under this rebuilding mentality and I think that's why it changed to "till we cant be beat....." in a sense of process and work in progress to be that team that cant be beat again.

Or, when you say it fast it just starts to sound like "till we can't....". That was always my assumption, anyway.

Or, when you say it fast it just starts to sound like "till we can't....". That was always my assumption, anyway.

go to the 41 minute mark and listen. it's a clip of pregame Tennessee orange bowl, 97 season. It's pretty clear that it's "team that cant be beat".

go to the 41 minute mark and listen. it's a clip of pregame Tennessee orange bowl, 97 season. It's pretty clear that it's "team that cant be beat".

Nice clip, I enjoyed watching that! I wasn't disagreeing with the fact that it was originally "a team that can't be beat". As I posted earlier, I like that original version better.

My point is that the switch from that to "till we can't be beat" likely wasn't an intentional one. It was probably just someone mis-hearing it, since they say it so fast. Then other players repeat the new version, and it changes. JMHO. Obviously I've never been in the locker room with them, so it's the players prayer to change, and my opinion on it will matter very little to them.

I really like that (original) line because it is more of a sports psychology thing. "A team that can't be beat, won't be beat". Basically, if you refuse to be beaten, you won't be beaten.

Nice clip, I enjoyed watching that! I wasn't disagreeing with the fact that it was originally "a team that can't be beat". As I posted earlier, I like that original version better.

My point is that the switch from that to "till we can't be beat" likely wasn't an intentional one. It was probably just someone mis-hearing it, since they say it so fast. Then other players repeat the new version, and it changes. JMHO. Obviously I've never been in the locker room with them, so it's the players prayer to change, and my opinion on it will matter very little to them.

I really like that (original) line because it is more of a sports psychology thing. "A team that can't be beat, won't be beat". Basically, if you refuse to be beaten, you won't be beaten.

thats fine. I was just pointing out what I think i know. I think the change was first noticed on what I think is the 2005 tunnel walk, with Cory Ross leading it, saying "till we cant be beat". So somewhere between there is when it was changed. intentional or not, I have no idea.